Jump to topic:

Ugh...sales people

Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2014 9:36:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
How many of you say this in your head when you see one?

When you're at the mall, or a convention, maybe even walmart...you see them everywhere. What is you're first thought when they say "How are you doing today?" or "Hey, I bet you'd like to save a bit of money"...

I'm curious.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Dennybug
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 12:14:57 AM
At 11/22/2014 9:36:15 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

When you're at the mall, or a convention, maybe even walmart...you see them everywhere. What is you're first thought when they say "How are you doing today?" or "Hey, I bet you'd like to save a bit of money"...

I'm curious.

My Mom and Sister take preemptive diversions in their path just to avoid skin care salesmen. Because they both made the mistake of saying they've bought the products and now the salespeople know them since we're there quite regularly and always ask HOW IS THE CREAM WORKING?

annnoooyyyiiinnggg, it's like harassment. You're obligated to reply because a part of you feels like sh!t if you don't give them the time of day
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 12:27:15 PM

I'm curious.

I actually enjoy it when a salesman comes to my door. Usually it's a comcast salesman trying to get me on their latest plan. My favorite part is telling them that "I've transcended beyond cable t.v." - their reaction is... it's priceless at times.

Other times it's the religious salesmen of local churches. Those are really fun, to me, as well.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
miraculous
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 9:33:29 AM

I'm curious.
You see, my family and I are rather polite people so it's difficult to just say "no". We've been swindled by so many salesmen that at this point it's almost inevitable.
If I went back in time and murdered my grandmother, therefor preventing my existence, then who killed my grandmother?
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 10:04:46 AM

I'm curious.

On the phone, whenever I'm bored, I act ten times dumber than I am IRL (and that's pretty dumb already LOL), and they eventually give up on me due to frustration. :P

In real life? I'll probably continuously ignore them...so even if I'm annoyed, they will be too. :3
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 11:07:56 PM
At 11/24/2014 9:33:29 AM, miraculous wrote:

I'm curious.
You see, my family and I are rather polite people so it's difficult to just say "no". We've been swindled by so many salesmen that at this point it's almost inevitable.

I'm with you here... I have a hard time just blowing people off. But, I'm on the other side of the situation most of the time... I'm the salesman.

I get it though, sometimes I'm just not in the mood to explain why a certain product doesn't interest me or why at the moment in time i dont care about saving any money, or listening to someone for an hour try to make something work that just doesnt...

I just feel there are far better ways to get around a sales person than simply giving them the Heisman...
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 6:25:53 AM
Bump
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2014 10:46:44 AM
It's times like these that having "resting b!tch face" helps. My wife too.
Also, I am usually unkempt, thus I appear poor, which also is a barrier.
My work here is, finally, done.