Jump to topic:

The problem with "Anti-bullying"

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 1:32:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I disliked the way school tried to treat things when it came to bullying. You can't always dodge hits with no self defense until the teacher comes quick. Truth is: In the real world, you need to be able to stand up for yourself. You can preach about how bullying is wrong and give harsher sentences for them, but how are you going to defend the victims? When i was bullied, i had to really find my own way of dealing with it. This one guy in third grade said he was going to beat me up after school so after school, i made myself look tougher than i really was. I pretended i was out looking for him and next day, his excuse for not wanting to mess with me was because i was "too strong" LOL! One reason why i hanged around with somewhat of the wrong crowd of guys was to avoid bullies prying on the weak. Everyone deserves to see the Truth for what it is and i am disappointed that the authorities gave me a distorted view of it.

People need to wake up, this world that we live in is worse than prison. The world is a beautiful place to live, but also very dangerous. People will take advantage of those who show signs of weakness to get ahead. What if someone breaks into your house? What will you do then? Call the police? It'd probably take them 10 minutes to get there and by then the intruder can do anything he/she wants to you. If your not fit to survive, you will perish.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 9:06:37 PM
At 12/2/2014 1:32:29 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I disliked the way school tried to treat things when it came to bullying. You can't always dodge hits with no self defense until the teacher comes quick. Truth is: In the real world, you need to be able to stand up for yourself. You can preach about how bullying is wrong and give harsher sentences for them, but how are you going to defend the victims? When i was bullied, i had to really find my own way of dealing with it. This one guy in third grade said he was going to beat me up after school so after school, i made myself look tougher than i really was. I pretended i was out looking for him and next day, his excuse for not wanting to mess with me was because i was "too strong" LOL! One reason why i hanged around with somewhat of the wrong crowd of guys was to avoid bullies prying on the weak. Everyone deserves to see the Truth for what it is and i am disappointed that the authorities gave me a distorted view of it.

People need to wake up, this world that we live in is worse than prison. The world is a beautiful place to live, but also very dangerous. People will take advantage of those who show signs of weakness to get ahead. What if someone breaks into your house? What will you do then? Call the police? It'd probably take them 10 minutes to get there and by then the intruder can do anything he/she wants to you. If your not fit to survive, you will perish.

As humanity's search for the perfect replacement for God advances through the evolution of society and technology, a Post-Modern, Liberal, Authoritarian hedonistic society will be the final stage, the "best" solution. It would also be the end of humanity if God doesn't intervene, but that's not relevant to this topic.
This step requires that human beings cease fighting among themselves and cooperate. Violent struggles between individuals will be ended by the Government. Thus, bullying as we know it by individuals will eventually be put to an end.
Only a few more decades to go and bullying won't be a problem.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2014 7:24:14 AM
At 12/2/2014 9:06:37 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

As humanity's search for the perfect replacement for God advances through the evolution of society and technology, a Post-Modern, Liberal, Authoritarian hedonistic society will be the final stage, the "best" solution. It would also be the end of humanity if God doesn't intervene, but that's not relevant to this topic.
This step requires that human beings cease fighting among themselves and cooperate. Violent struggles between individuals will be ended by the Government. Thus, bullying as we know it by individuals will eventually be put to an end.

bullying is going to be a problem no matter what anyone does. because they're will always be conflicting beliefs and likes and dislikes. thats part of human nature
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 5:58:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/3/2014 7:24:14 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 12/2/2014 9:06:37 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

bullying is going to be a problem no matter what anyone does. because they're will always be conflicting beliefs and likes and dislikes. thats part of human nature

True, i wish there was something that could be done about it. Hopefully, healthy solutions can be made.