Jump to topic:

Death of A Loved One

Nsquared16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2014 12:05:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
My aunt died on Saturday. How do people deal with the pain and the longing? I need help. Losing sleep, and my mind. I never got to tell her goodbye. I ache for her warm embrace. What do I do to suppress the tears?
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2014 12:30:53 PM
At 12/8/2014 12:05:58 PM, Nsquared16 wrote:
My aunt died on Saturday. How do people deal with the pain and the longing? I need help. Losing sleep, and my mind. I never got to tell her goodbye. I ache for her warm embrace. What do I do to suppress the tears?

I don't think suppression will help you here. Give yourself time. Don't put pressure on yourself to act or be a certain way. Sometimes writing your feelings out on paper can help with the angst, sometimes it's better to be alone, or to have a trusted friend or family member to cry with. Let yourself grieve, it's ok. Do what you need to do to let yourself heal. Don't judge yourself and try not to focus on negative things if you can. I'll be praying for you, my friend, as you struggle with this loss.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2014 3:56:49 PM

I know how you feel... My uncle passed away Sunday morning.

It's hard, especially when you don't get to say good-bye, which is quite often. Just try to remember the good times that you guys had, and her happy moments.

Remember how much she loves you, and that somewhere, she's thinking about you, looking at you and still loves you.

Cry. Don't hold it back- it won't make you feel better. If, like me, you can't cry in front of people, do "take a bath" and cry your heart out. Don't suppress the tears. Grieve, for her, but also remember those memories that you shared with her.

I can't say much more than that. I don't know if it'll get better... but I'd like to hope that it will. I'm sorry that this happened to you, and it sucks because of how prevalent death is, but it is inevitable, and one day, you may meet her again, in Heaven.

*hugs*

If you wanna talk about it or anything, PM me and let me know.
I'm here buddy. <3
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2014 6:36:54 PM

Whenever somebody close to me dies I try to make a permanent change to embody a trait I admire most in them.

I feel like if I do that they will live on forever with me. I feel as if changing to embody their greatest quality means their life wasn't in vain.

When my Dad died, I became more charitable and treated my guests as kings and queens.

I've done this with everybody close to me who has died.