Jump to topic:

Intellect or personality in a person?

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 5:11:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Is it better to have intelligence in a person you date or personality? For me, i prefer having morals, valuable characteristics, and personality. I am considered smart by several people but i feel knowledge should not be pursued for it's own sake. Knowledge is power and too much power can be a very dangerous thing. I know i can be so much more knowledgeable than i am now but i choose to reserve it for a noble cause. I don't want to be arrogant and need someone to keep me in check even if it means my girl has to.
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 5:23:09 PM
At 12/9/2014 5:11:49 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Is it better to have intelligence in a person you date or personality? For me, i prefer having morals, valuable characteristics, and personality. I am considered smart by several people but i feel knowledge should not be pursued for it's own sake. Knowledge is power and too much power can be a very dangerous thing. I know i can be so much more knowledgeable than i am now but i choose to reserve it for a noble cause. I don't want to be arrogant and need someone to keep me in check even if it means my girl has to.

Sounds legit. I have to agree with you. I prefer people who are smart and have a good personality/morals. As for knowledge, I am tipsy topsy there. We are commanded by God to do our best to gain as much knowledge as possible but sometimes our safety is to be considered. Personally, I think that is a person by person thing. Some people need to know more whereas sometimes knowing less is better.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 5:26:26 PM
At 12/9/2014 5:23:09 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:

Sounds legit. I have to agree with you. I prefer people who are smart and have a good personality/morals. As for knowledge, I am tipsy topsy there. We are commanded by God to do our best to gain as much knowledge as possible but sometimes our safety is to be considered. Personally, I think that is a person by person thing. Some people need to know more whereas sometimes knowing less is better.

There are certain things you need to know to survive yes, but i'm not so sure about other kinds of knowledge. Sometimes i wonder if the church needs moral and scientific education in it's system.
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 11:36:34 PM
At 12/9/2014 5:26:26 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 12/9/2014 5:23:09 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:

There are certain things you need to know to survive yes, but i'm not so sure about other kinds of knowledge. Sometimes i wonder if the church needs moral and scientific education in it's system.

I think it does. Knowledge is good to have regardless. The only problem is how modern science now has the ability to end all life on Earth for a couple 100 thousand years.
Tranny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 3:50:28 PM

That's not fair. So if I'm smart, I don't have a personality? You'd choose a retarded, kind girls who shares your values of right and wrong over any intelligent girl? What do you have against female intellect?
Tweka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 10:05:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago

I am wondering if personality is connected with intelligence.
phiLockeraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 11:38:55 PM

To be frank, your tendency towards arrogance has nothing to do with intellect and everything to do with personality.
"Philosophy is a great conversation that never ends"

Writing for this website ----> www.dailyfreethinker.com
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 1:50:10 AM
At 12/12/2014 10:05:10 AM, Tweka wrote:

It is. In particular I think having an intentional sense of humor (well a particular kind) reflects intelligence.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 1:51:30 AM
I'm attracted to both. There are also different kinds of intelligences. Tough question. I guess if I had to choose... intelligence. I'll entertain myself if I have to.
President of DDO
Tweka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 1:51:40 AM
At 12/14/2014 1:50:10 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/12/2014 10:05:10 AM, Tweka wrote:

It is. In particular I think having an intentional sense of humor (well a particular kind) reflects intelligence.

Lol.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 7:52:02 PM
At 12/11/2014 3:50:28 PM, Tranny wrote:

That's not fair. So if I'm smart, I don't have a personality? You'd choose a retarded, kind girls who shares your values of right and wrong over any intelligent girl? What do you have against female intellect?

Don't get me wrong, i like both but if i had to pick which i would put more emphasis on more i'd pick personality. Sorry if i didn't word it that way.