Jump to topic:

So I wrote a book

bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 10:58:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Kindle has this new thing called "Kindle Scout". You can submit a book, and folks can read the first few pages. If it gets enough "nominations" (upvotes, basically?), and they don't just veto it, the person gets a small advance and gets published under Amazon's imprint.

I turned 30 a few days ago--my birthday present to myself was that I would actually SUBMIT SOMETHING for once, because with stuff going on I often wind up not doing so, and it is my dream to be a published author. So I submitted a book. It's probably not a very good book. It's not even a BOOK, properly speaking, it's a collection of short stories. There's some cursing in it. But if maybe a few folks could nominate it so that I'm not the only one who does, I'd 'preciate it.

Mrs. Bladerunner made the cover!

https://kindlescout.amazon.com...
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 11:45:57 PM
At 12/11/2014 10:58:37 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
Kindle has this new thing called "Kindle Scout". You can submit a book, and folks can read the first few pages. If it gets enough "nominations" (upvotes, basically?), and they don't just veto it, the person gets a small advance and gets published under Amazon's imprint.

I turned 30 a few days ago--my birthday present to myself was that I would actually SUBMIT SOMETHING for once, because with stuff going on I often wind up not doing so, and it is my dream to be a published author. So I submitted a book. It's probably not a very good book. It's not even a BOOK, properly speaking, it's a collection of short stories. There's some cursing in it. But if maybe a few folks could nominate it so that I'm not the only one who does, I'd 'preciate it.

"Matchmakers" by Eddie Lustro
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2014 11:56:14 PM

Short stories are relevant to my interests. eggcellent. I shall read this, over the weekend.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 12:00:14 AM
At 12/11/2014 11:56:14 PM, headphonegut wrote:

Short stories are relevant to my interests. eggcellent. I shall read this, over the weekend.

Thanks!
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 9:59:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago

Hey wow! I'll definitely give this a look and an upvote. I didn't even know about this new KindleScout thing. I also have written a book and have a few unfinished manuscripts kicking around so I definitely know exactly how you feel about getting stuff submitted. I was thinking about looking into Kindle publishing.

I'll message you sometime so we can chat about writing because this intrigues me greatly!
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 10:01:18 AM
At 12/12/2014 9:59:56 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Hey wow! I'll definitely give this a look and an upvote. I didn't even know about this new KindleScout thing. I also have written a book and have a few unfinished manuscripts kicking around so I definitely know exactly how you feel about getting stuff submitted. I was thinking about looking into Kindle publishing.
What is your book about? I would be interested in reading it, perhaps.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 2:40:43 PM
At 12/12/2014 10:01:18 AM, Mirza wrote:
What is your book about? I would be interested in reading it, perhaps.

Its a fantasy adventure novel.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 5:08:02 PM
At 12/12/2014 4:11:42 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/12/2014 2:40:43 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Its a fantasy adventure novel.
Tell me when it is available.

Yeah I'm still toying with different publishing outlets. Also it was my first manuscript so its early in my writing development. If you have a Kindle or a PDF reader I might give you an early copy to get some feedback on if you're interested.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 5:11:17 PM
At 12/12/2014 5:08:02 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Yeah I'm still toying with different publishing outlets. Also it was my first manuscript so its early in my writing development. If you have a Kindle or a PDF reader I might give you an early copy to get some feedback on if you're interested.
Ah, I have no Kindle. With fear of sounding ridiculous, does Adobe Reader count?
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 5:22:38 PM
At 12/12/2014 5:11:17 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/12/2014 5:08:02 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Ah, I have no Kindle. With fear of sounding ridiculous, does Adobe Reader count?

Yeah that'd work but I just don't know how comfortable people are reading at length on computer screens (I lost focus quickly myself).
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 5:23:18 PM
At 12/12/2014 5:22:38 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Yeah that'd work but I just don't know how comfortable people are reading at length on computer screens (I lost focus quickly myself).
I have it on my mobile, too.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 5:57:47 PM
Wow. I love the introductory setup for the rest of your short stories. That was a pleasure to read! :)
Senpai has noticed you.
kawaii_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 7:59:55 PM

Pretty good. I like the first one. Ill read the rest over the weekend.
"Being called weird is like being called Limited Edition. Meaning you're something people don't see that often." -Ashley Purdy

Please help raise money for a Christmas gift for airmax (although he is Jewish, as YYW pointed out). He is in desperate need of a new laptop, and he has done so much for this site; he certainly deserves one. :)
http://www.debate.org...
18Karl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 12:19:43 AM

I like your title.
praise the lord Chin Chin
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 2:14:02 PM
At 12/12/2014 12:16:11 AM, Mirza wrote:
That's great; I hope you make it!

Thanks!
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 2:14:31 PM

I'll message you sometime so we can chat about writing because this intrigues me greatly!

You should!!
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 2:15:44 PM
At 12/12/2014 5:23:18 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/12/2014 5:22:38 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I have it on my mobile, too.

You can get Kindle (and a few other mobile reading apps) for free for your phone, y'know. I don't actually own a kindle...I just read a lot on my Note.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 2:16:12 PM
At 12/12/2014 5:57:47 PM, Beginner wrote:
Wow. I love the introductory setup for the rest of your short stories. That was a pleasure to read! :)

Thank you!
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 2:17:25 PM
At 12/12/2014 7:59:55 PM, kawaii_crazy wrote:

Pretty good. I like the first one. Ill read the rest over the weekend.

Thanks! The sample is the first like...ten-ish pages, I believe.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 2:18:10 PM
At 12/13/2014 12:19:43 AM, 18Karl wrote:

I like your title.

Thanks!
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 5:52:58 PM
At 12/13/2014 2:15:44 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
You can get Kindle (and a few other mobile reading apps) for free for your phone, y'know. I don't actually own a kindle...I just read a lot on my Note.
I thought Kindle was the physical device. Good to know, thank you. I do have a book application on my phone, though.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 10:32:57 PM
At 12/13/2014 5:52:58 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/13/2014 2:15:44 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
I thought Kindle was the physical device. Good to know, thank you. I do have a book application on my phone, though.

Yeah, it's somewhat confusing.

The app is in all the major app stores: Amazon Kindle, and it lets you shop or whatnot (though on iDevices it doesn't let you shop because Apple wanted a cut of "in app purchases"). The device is ALSO Kindle. Because...because.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 9:01:04 AM
At 12/14/2014 5:08:38 AM, Ajabi wrote:
Nominated :)
That was really good, I wish I could get to read the rest. lol

People who nominate it get a free copy if it's chosen!
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 9:03:29 AM
At 12/14/2014 9:01:04 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:

I'm in Pakistan, I don't think I would get a copy. ;)
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 9:06:08 AM
At 12/14/2014 9:03:29 AM, Ajabi wrote:

Kindle copy, not print, do i think you will. And if they don't I will find a way.
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 9:07:23 AM
At 12/14/2014 9:06:08 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 12/14/2014 9:03:29 AM, Ajabi wrote:

Kindle copy, not print, do i think you will. And if they don't I will find a way.

haha thanks :)
When you win a Noble remember us small folks oh lord and savior