Jump to topic:

Flipped my van

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 7:04:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Almost made it home, went to turn in my driveway and whamm. I wasn't hurt but the other driver of course, no license, no insurance and no english.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 7:06:18 PM
At 12/15/2014 7:04:08 PM, sadolite wrote:
Almost made it home, went to turn in my driveway and whamm. I wasn't hurt but the other driver of course, no license, no insurance and no english.

Forgot to upload picture
http://www.debate.org...
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 7:24:38 PM
At 12/15/2014 7:06:18 PM, sadolite wrote:

Forgot to upload picture

This seems intense. I hope you are okay. I'm not sure how you managed to flip it. Was the road slippery?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 7:37:24 PM
At 12/15/2014 7:24:38 PM, Roukezian wrote:

Forgot to upload picture

This seems intense. I hope you are okay. I'm not sure how you managed to flip it. Was the road slippery?

The guy hit the rear side of my van and it spun into the curd causing it to flip

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 7:38:07 PM
At 12/15/2014 7:37:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/15/2014 7:24:38 PM, Roukezian wrote:

Forgot to upload picture

The guy hit the rear side of my van and it spun into the curd causing it to flip

"Curb"

jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 8:11:43 PM

Oh! You really flipped your van! I thought maybe it was code talk for something else. Lol!

Sorry... flipped van. Bummer.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 9:15:46 PM
At 12/15/2014 8:11:43 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

Oh! You really flipped your van! I thought maybe it was code talk for something else. Lol!

Maybe not, if the owner of the vehicles insurance comes through. The van had close to 200,000 miles and I was contemplating replacing it. But they may not pay because the driver had no license and was an unauthorized driver so I may be SOL and just have to eat it. I could sue but that would be a waste of time and money cause there ain't no money. May as well sue a rock.

jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 9:20:50 PM
At 12/15/2014 9:15:46 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/15/2014 8:11:43 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

Maybe not, if the owner of the vehicles insurance comes through. The van had close to 200,000 miles and I was contemplating replacing it. But they may not pay because the driver had no license and was an unauthorized driver so I may be SOL and just have to eat it. I could sue but that would be a waste of time and money cause there ain't no money. May as well sue a rock.

That's rough. Where I live proof of insurance is required to register a vehicle. That doesn't mean people don't let it lapse after they get tags which can be a problem. But at least it helps in situations like yours.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 8:50:17 AM

Glad you are OK. I can honestly say that I have never had the opportunity to get out of a van laying on the side.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 3:26:47 PM
At 12/16/2014 8:50:17 AM, slo1 wrote:

Glad you are OK. I can honestly say that I have never had the opportunity to get out of a van laying on the side.

It's harder than you might think. Getting the seatbelt undone took some effort.

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2014 3:08:09 PM

Yeah.. from personal experience, you'll get nothing out of the driver. It's sad but true. You might even have to be on the look out for lawsuits.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW