Ever experienced an inability to escape your

Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 12:22:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
...own imagination?

I feel as though my imagination is limiting. Everything I come up with... it's like... mine. It's like, something borne of my mentality, and obviously. Is that crazy?

I just want to make something that isn't hinged my anything.

Something truly original.

Because, that's the essence of discovery, isn't it???
tella1204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 11:48:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 12:22:37 AM, Such wrote:
...own imagination?

I feel as though my imagination is limiting. Everything I come up with... it's like... mine. It's like, something borne of my mentality, and obviously. Is that crazy?

I just want to make something that isn't hinged my anything.

Something truly original.

Because, that's the essence of discovery, isn't it???

It is very rare for something that you think up, to be unique and 'truly original'. I believe that your imagination is influenced by ideas, moments and situations you have either been through, heard about or read about throughout your life. However, you could use these previous memories to create something original, in your own way I guess. I think that what you are hinting at about 'the essence of discovery' is more of a personal journey and how you grow as a person through discovering more things. The essence is from within, and different for each individual. On the other hand, by working with others and using different people's opinions, views and strengths, you can discover even more. These discoveries will therefore be more probable to be unique and new.