Jump to topic:

DC Vacation!

SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2014 10:35:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Going to Washington DC for vacation from the 26th-1st. As a science and Ancient History nerd, there are many museums that I want to visit. Any ideas on what places might be better or more interesting?
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2014 11:24:17 AM
At 12/22/2014 10:35:05 AM, SNP1 wrote:
Going to Washington DC for vacation from the 26th-1st. As a science and Ancient History nerd, there are many museums that I want to visit. Any ideas on what places might be better or more interesting?

Obviously the Smithsonian in DC. It's excellent. Other than that, the city is more fun for early modern history nerds rather than ancient history nerds. There's a place called Old Ebbitt Grill which is one of the original taverns in DC and it's interior is to die for... it's soo neat. I personally went for reasons other than just as a pleasure visit, so I didn't have too much time to really visit any more museums or the like. Oh, but the National Air and Space museum was AWESOME. I highly recommend you check that out as well.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2014 12:15:05 PM
At 12/22/2014 11:24:17 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 12/22/2014 10:35:05 AM, SNP1 wrote:

Obviously the Smithsonian in DC.

It was the first thing put on the list

It's excellent. Other than that, the city is more fun for early modern history nerds rather than ancient history nerds.

I have realized that

There's a place called Old Ebbitt Grill which is one of the original taverns in DC and it's interior is to die for... it's soo neat.

I will check it out

I personally went for reasons other than just as a pleasure visit, so I didn't have too much time to really visit any more museums or the like.

That;s a shame

Oh, but the National Air and Space museum was AWESOME. I highly recommend you check that out as well.

That was second on my list.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2014 1:13:29 PM
You should be sure to drop by the office of your representative, if it isn't closed. When my friend and I were in DC we stopped by our representatives office and one of his interns gave us a private tour of the capitol--we actually got to stand on the house floor. No idea how common that is, but it was pretty cool.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right