Total Posts:32|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What's the deal?

sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2014 9:15:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
What's the deal with homosexual men and all things Disney? Disney is for little kids. And why does Disney accommodate such an adult behavior in a place meant for little kids. Spare me the predictable Homophobe crap.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 12:19:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/22/2014 9:15:31 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's the deal with homosexual men and all things Disney? Disney is for little kids. And why does Disney accommodate such an adult behavior in a place meant for little kids. Spare me the predictable Homophobe crap.

What specifically are you referring to?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 9:08:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/22/2014 9:15:31 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's the deal with homosexual men and all things Disney? Disney is for little kids. And why does Disney accommodate such an adult behavior in a place meant for little kids. Spare me the predictable Homophobe crap.

Wait, what?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 9:10:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 9:08:20 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/22/2014 9:15:31 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's the deal with homosexual men and all things Disney? Disney is for little kids. And why does Disney accommodate such an adult behavior in a place meant for little kids. Spare me the predictable Homophobe crap.

Wait, what?

Maybe he's talking about Gay Days at Disney or something. One of my friends showed it to me. XD
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 9:11:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 9:10:19 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 12/23/2014 9:08:20 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/22/2014 9:15:31 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's the deal with homosexual men and all things Disney? Disney is for little kids. And why does Disney accommodate such an adult behavior in a place meant for little kids. Spare me the predictable Homophobe crap.

Wait, what?

Maybe he's talking about Gay Days at Disney or something. One of my friends showed it to me. XD

Is that really a thing?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 9:11:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/22/2014 9:15:31 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's the deal with homosexual men and all things Disney? Disney is for little kids. And why does Disney accommodate such an adult behavior in a place meant for little kids. Spare me the predictable Homophobe crap.

So are you saying admitting homosexual men would accommodate adult behavior and admitting heterosexual men won't? Are you implying that homosexuals would be less civilized than heterosexuals or socially inferior to them?
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 9:12:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 9:11:27 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/23/2014 9:10:19 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 12/23/2014 9:08:20 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/22/2014 9:15:31 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's the deal with homosexual men and all things Disney? Disney is for little kids. And why does Disney accommodate such an adult behavior in a place meant for little kids. Spare me the predictable Homophobe crap.

Wait, what?

Maybe he's talking about Gay Days at Disney or something. One of my friends showed it to me. XD

Is that really a thing?

http://en.wikipedia.org...

It was actually on my birthday when I was ten (I went to Universal then). LOL
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 9:14:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 9:12:48 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 12/23/2014 9:11:27 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/23/2014 9:10:19 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 12/23/2014 9:08:20 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/22/2014 9:15:31 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's the deal with homosexual men and all things Disney? Disney is for little kids. And why does Disney accommodate such an adult behavior in a place meant for little kids. Spare me the predictable Homophobe crap.

Wait, what?

Maybe he's talking about Gay Days at Disney or something. One of my friends showed it to me. XD

Is that really a thing?

http://en.wikipedia.org...

It was actually on my birthday when I was ten (I went to Universal then). LOL

Weird, I never heard of that and it really doesn't change my opinion of Disney neither.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 9:14:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 9:12:48 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 12/23/2014 9:11:27 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/23/2014 9:10:19 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 12/23/2014 9:08:20 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/22/2014 9:15:31 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's the deal with homosexual men and all things Disney? Disney is for little kids. And why does Disney accommodate such an adult behavior in a place meant for little kids. Spare me the predictable Homophobe crap.

Wait, what?

Maybe he's talking about Gay Days at Disney or something. One of my friends showed it to me. XD

Is that really a thing?

http://en.wikipedia.org...

It was actually on my birthday when I was ten (I went to Universal then). LOL

Weird, I never heard of that and it really doesn't change my opinion of Disney neither.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 10:30:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/22/2014 9:15:31 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's the deal with homosexual men and all things Disney? Disney is for little kids. And why does Disney accommodate such an adult behavior in a place meant for little kids. Spare me the predictable Homophobe crap.

What are you talking about?
I am straight and I love watching cartoons. Cartoons are not just for kids.
To be honest, they are often more entertaining than half the crap that's out there.
My work here is, finally, done.
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 5:19:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 10:30:21 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/22/2014 9:15:31 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's the deal with homosexual men and all things Disney? Disney is for little kids. And why does Disney accommodate such an adult behavior in a place meant for little kids. Spare me the predictable Homophobe crap.

What are you talking about?
I am straight and I love watching cartoons. Cartoons are not just for kids.
To be honest, they are often more entertaining than half the crap that's out there.

Not cartoons but Disney World and Disney cruise ships all things DIsney. What is the appeal? I mean people in Disney character costumes Really? I don't get the appeal. My neighbors are gay and they have gotten tattoo's representing all the Disney attractions. I suppose I could just come right and ask what the appeal is, but peoples personal lives are none of my business.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 3:54:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 5:19:26 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/23/2014 10:30:21 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/22/2014 9:15:31 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's the deal with homosexual men and all things Disney? Disney is for little kids. And why does Disney accommodate such an adult behavior in a place meant for little kids. Spare me the predictable Homophobe crap.

What are you talking about?
I am straight and I love watching cartoons. Cartoons are not just for kids.
To be honest, they are often more entertaining than half the crap that's out there.

Not cartoons but Disney World and Disney cruise ships all things DIsney. What is the appeal? I mean people in Disney character costumes Really? I don't get the appeal. My neighbors are gay and they have gotten tattoo's representing all the Disney attractions. I suppose I could just come right and ask what the appeal is, but peoples personal lives are none of my business.

I am not confident that is just homosexual men.

Disney offers a lot of positive influences, or at least offers bengin quality entertainment, and at the theme parks offers quality and copious entertainment for the day. Disney entertains honeymooners and weddings rather frequently, some people are just enamored with the fairy-come-reality setting that Disney can provide. One needs to suspend quite a bit of disbelief while walking Main Street, or floating in Cast-Away creek, walking through the Animal Kingdom Lodge to remember they are in central Florida.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Bennett91
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 4:08:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/22/2014 9:15:31 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's the deal with homosexual men and all things Disney? Disney is for little kids. And why does Disney accommodate such an adult behavior in a place meant for little kids. Spare me the predictable Homophobe crap.

Are you aware of the large population of straight men who like My Little Pony?
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 7:43:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 4:08:59 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/22/2014 9:15:31 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's the deal with homosexual men and all things Disney? Disney is for little kids. And why does Disney accommodate such an adult behavior in a place meant for little kids. Spare me the predictable Homophobe crap.

Are you aware of the large population of straight men who like My Little Pony?

Redirect
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 10:20:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 7:43:55 AM, sadolite wrote:
Redirect

My Little Pony are a bunch of "girly" cartoon horses prancing around, and yes there is a large population of straight men who enjoy them. This seems relevant to your question as it implies there is something dysfunctional about gay men liking cartoons, but not straight men liking cartoons. I personally dislike most cartoons, but I love Disney because I grew up with it as a kid. Not a lot of gay men I know enjoy cartoons or care a lot about Disney, but I dunno many people my age or younger who would flat out say they don't enjoy it. A lot of heterosexual women love Disney even though it's marketed toward children, so what's the difference between a heterosexual women vs. gay man's (same age) appreciation for something?
President of DDO
Daltonian
Posts: 4,797
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 10:52:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/22/2014 9:15:31 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's the deal with homosexual men and all things Disney?
I prefer Universal to Disney, actually.
Disney is for little kids.
"Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life. They're people who don't give a hang what the Joneses do. You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what life has brought - sometimes it isn't much, either" - Walt Disney

The purpose of Disney and it's related attractions are for the purpose that Walt Disney himself defined them to be, not any purpose you think up.
And why does Disney accommodate such an adult behavior in a place meant for little kids.
^
Spare me the predictable Homophobe crap.
Homophobia as defined by Merriam Webster Dictionary
Irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

You demonstrate an irrational aversion to homosexuals and actively discriminate against them. Therefore, you are homophobic. Not embracing it only makes you seem weak in your support of homophobia, hindering your legitimacy.
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 12:56:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 10:52:55 AM, Daltonian wrote:
At 12/22/2014 9:15:31 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's the deal with homosexual men and all things Disney?
I prefer Universal to Disney, actually.
Disney is for little kids.
"Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life. They're people who don't give a hang what the Joneses do. You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what life has brought - sometimes it isn't much, either" - Walt Disney

The purpose of Disney and it's related attractions are for the purpose that Walt Disney himself defined them to be, not any purpose you think up.
And why does Disney accommodate such an adult behavior in a place meant for little kids.
^
Spare me the predictable Homophobe crap.
Homophobia as defined by Merriam Webster Dictionary
Irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

You demonstrate an irrational aversion to homosexuals and actively discriminate against them. Therefore, you are homophobic. Not embracing it only makes you seem weak in your support of homophobia, hindering your legitimacy.

"You demonstrate an irrational aversion to homosexuals." Ya, because I point out that homosexuality is not the norm and not what nature intended that makes me a homophobe. You making that conclusion makes you a denier of science and scientific fact with regard to what nature intended. It is not my fault that nature screws up and produces abnormalities no matter how great or small. It is scientific that that it does. And homosexuality is one of those. It does not mean that people afflicted with it can't function and contribute to society anymore than say a person afflicted with asthma. You can't stand the fact that I won't say it is normal. I refuse to deny nature and scientific fact to appease anyones feelings. Call me a homophobe, I don't care. I know different. I know you are wrong and I know you live in denial of nature and it's intent and scientific fact.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 12:57:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 10:20:44 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/26/2014 7:43:55 AM, sadolite wrote:
Redirect

My Little Pony are a bunch of "girly" cartoon horses prancing around, and yes there is a large population of straight men who enjoy them. This seems relevant to your question as it implies there is something dysfunctional about gay men liking cartoons, but not straight men liking cartoons. I personally dislike most cartoons, but I love Disney because I grew up with it as a kid. Not a lot of gay men I know enjoy cartoons or care a lot about Disney, but I dunno many people my age or younger who would flat out say they don't enjoy it. A lot of heterosexual women love Disney even though it's marketed toward children, so what's the difference between a heterosexual women vs. gay man's (same age) appreciation for something?

Read the thread I never said anything about cartoons
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 1:44:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 12:57:14 PM, sadolite wrote:
Read the thread I never said anything about cartoons

Okay, so let me repeat what I said a little differently... (except not really)

Yes, Disney is marketed toward children. Disney is comprised mostly of cartoons and animation. SIMILARLY, cartoons (except those with adult content) are marketed toward children, and contain cartoonish animations plus child-like entertainment and content -- also rated G/ PG and marketed toward children... yet are well liked by adults, including straight men. You ignored this point. Obviously.

And clearly you ignored my point that straight women LOVE Disney. I asked what the difference (problem) was of something like Disney being adored by straight women or gay men of the same age? Do you have an answer, or are you going to ignore it because it discredits whatever point you were implying?
President of DDO
Redspectre
Posts: 37
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 2:18:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/22/2014 9:15:31 PM, sadolite wrote:
What's the deal with homosexual men and all things Disney? Disney is for little kids. And why does Disney accommodate such an adult behavior in a place meant for little kids. Spare me the predictable Homophobe crap.

They invade these things because they want people to pay attention to them. They are like little kids. Just ignore them and dont give them media attention and they will go away
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 2:33:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 1:44:06 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/26/2014 12:57:14 PM, sadolite wrote:
Read the thread I never said anything about cartoons


Okay, so let me repeat what I said a little differently... (except not really)

Yes, Disney is marketed toward children. Disney is comprised mostly of cartoons and animation. SIMILARLY, cartoons (except those with adult content) are marketed toward children, and contain cartoonish animations plus child-like entertainment and content -- also rated G/ PG and marketed toward children... yet are well liked by adults, including straight men. You ignored this point. Obviously.

And clearly you ignored my point that straight women LOVE Disney. I asked what the difference (problem) was of something like Disney being adored by straight women or gay men of the same age? Do you have an answer, or are you going to ignore it because it discredits whatever point you were implying?

I asked what is the deal with homosexuals and the Disney fetish. You want to make it some kind of discrimination issue as usual. My neighbors are gay and have Disney stuff tattooed on themselves and go there all the time plus on the Disney cruise ships in big groups. I don't get it. Why do adults going to meet other adults go to places themed for little kids to presumably engage in adult activities. See if you can think outside of your homophobe indoctrination box.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 3:11:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 2:33:39 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/26/2014 1:44:06 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/26/2014 12:57:14 PM, sadolite wrote:
Read the thread I never said anything about cartoons


Okay, so let me repeat what I said a little differently... (except not really)

Yes, Disney is marketed toward children. Disney is comprised mostly of cartoons and animation. SIMILARLY, cartoons (except those with adult content) are marketed toward children, and contain cartoonish animations plus child-like entertainment and content -- also rated G/ PG and marketed toward children... yet are well liked by adults, including straight men. You ignored this point. Obviously.

And clearly you ignored my point that straight women LOVE Disney. I asked what the difference (problem) was of something like Disney being adored by straight women or gay men of the same age? Do you have an answer, or are you going to ignore it because it discredits whatever point you were implying?

I asked what is the deal with homosexuals and the Disney fetish. You want to make it some kind of discrimination issue as usual. My neighbors are gay and have Disney stuff tattooed on themselves and go there all the time plus on the Disney cruise ships in big groups. I don't get it. Why do adults going to meet other adults go to places themed for little kids to presumably engage in adult activities. See if you can think outside of your homophobe indoctrination box.

Is it just isolated here in florida, Because it is in florida, does disney give package deals to people who claim to be homosexual? Do they congregate there because they are less likely to be hassled? I don't know. Just seems strange for groups of adults to pick places geared to children to go and party at. Doesn't make any sense to me. The last place on earth I would go to party with other adults is a place like Disney World or a Disney cruise ship. How lame that would be!!
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 3:58:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 2:33:39 PM, sadolite wrote:
I asked what is the deal with homosexuals and the Disney fetish. You want to make it some kind of discrimination issue as usual. My neighbors are gay and have Disney stuff tattooed on themselves and go there all the time plus on the Disney cruise ships in big groups. I don't get it. Why do adults going to meet other adults go to places themed for little kids to presumably engage in adult activities. See if you can think outside of your homophobe indoctrination box.

You're not answering a single thing I'm saying.

You have gay neighbors who like Disney. Big deal. I have heterosexual neighbors who like Rocky Horror Picture Show. Who cares? It proves nothing just because you know a gay couple who happen to like Disney. I know a gay couple who happen to like Led Zeppelin. Does that mean Led Zeppelin is a gay thing?

I've asked you twice why it matters if gay people like Disney if heterosexual women of the same age like Disney. Instead of answering this question, you're accusing me of a "homophobe indoctrination box" because you don't have an answer to the question. It's pretty sad, really.

In response to your question about why adults (like the gay couple you know) happen to like Disney which is marketed toward children, my response has been that a lot of heterosexual women of the same age appreciate the same thing and have Disney themed tattoos, decor, accessories, etc. even though it is marketed toward children and they are adults. Why do you keep ignoring this? You're embarrassing yourself.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 4:01:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 3:11:21 PM, sadolite wrote:
Is it just isolated here in florida, Because it is in florida, does disney give package deals to people who claim to be homosexual? Do they congregate there because they are less likely to be hassled? I don't know. Just seems strange for groups of adults to pick places geared to children to go and party at. Doesn't make any sense to me. The last place on earth I would go to party with other adults is a place like Disney World or a Disney cruise ship. How lame that would be!!

I think they are marketing toward gay families (families with gay parents) to promote inclusion and of course to get money. Gays are a demographic with a lot of money and are often an untapped market. Most gay people I know (especially my age) would NOT go party at Disney or want that much to do with Disney. They would rather go to Miami or Key West and engage in drinking and the club scene - not Disney. But yes, some gays like Disney. Some straights like Disney. Disney markets to gays because they want to show they are gay-friendly so that gay people continue to spend their money there, and companies that exhibit LGBT friendly policies get a lot of good publicity.
President of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 4:04:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 4:01:47 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/26/2014 3:11:21 PM, sadolite wrote:
Is it just isolated here in florida, Because it is in florida, does disney give package deals to people who claim to be homosexual? Do they congregate there because they are less likely to be hassled? I don't know. Just seems strange for groups of adults to pick places geared to children to go and party at. Doesn't make any sense to me. The last place on earth I would go to party with other adults is a place like Disney World or a Disney cruise ship. How lame that would be!!

I think they are marketing toward gay families (families with gay parents) to promote inclusion and of course to get money. Gays are a demographic with a lot of money and are often an untapped market. Most gay people I know (especially my age) would NOT go party at Disney or want that much to do with Disney. They would rather go to Miami or Key West and engage in drinking and the club scene - not Disney. But yes, some gays like Disney. Some straights like Disney. Disney markets to gays because they want to show they are gay-friendly so that gay people continue to spend their money there, and companies that exhibit LGBT friendly policies get a lot of good publicity.

You're 9 posts away from a milestone. derp
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:18:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 3:58:58 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/26/2014 2:33:39 PM, sadolite wrote:
I asked what is the deal with homosexuals and the Disney fetish. You want to make it some kind of discrimination issue as usual. My neighbors are gay and have Disney stuff tattooed on themselves and go there all the time plus on the Disney cruise ships in big groups. I don't get it. Why do adults going to meet other adults go to places themed for little kids to presumably engage in adult activities. See if you can think outside of your homophobe indoctrination box.

You're not answering a single thing I'm saying.

You have gay neighbors who like Disney. Big deal. I have heterosexual neighbors who like Rocky Horror Picture Show. Who cares? It proves nothing just because you know a gay couple who happen to like Disney. I know a gay couple who happen to like Led Zeppelin. Does that mean Led Zeppelin is a gay thing?

I've asked you twice why it matters if gay people like Disney if heterosexual women of the same age like Disney. Instead of answering this question, you're accusing me of a "homophobe indoctrination box" because you don't have an answer to the question. It's pretty sad, really.

In response to your question about why adults (like the gay couple you know) happen to like Disney which is marketed toward children, my response has been that a lot of heterosexual women of the same age appreciate the same thing and have Disney themed tattoos, decor, accessories, etc. even though it is marketed toward children and they are adults. Why do you keep ignoring this? You're embarrassing yourself.

Never mind, you're all ate up with the homophobe disease
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Bennett91
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:24:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 2:33:39 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/26/2014 1:44:06 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/26/2014 12:57:14 PM, sadolite wrote:
Read the thread I never said anything about cartoons


Okay, so let me repeat what I said a little differently... (except not really)

Yes, Disney is marketed toward children. Disney is comprised mostly of cartoons and animation. SIMILARLY, cartoons (except those with adult content) are marketed toward children, and contain cartoonish animations plus child-like entertainment and content -- also rated G/ PG and marketed toward children... yet are well liked by adults, including straight men. You ignored this point. Obviously.

And clearly you ignored my point that straight women LOVE Disney. I asked what the difference (problem) was of something like Disney being adored by straight women or gay men of the same age? Do you have an answer, or are you going to ignore it because it discredits whatever point you were implying?

I asked what is the deal with homosexuals and the Disney fetish. You want to make it some kind of discrimination issue as usual. My neighbors are gay and have Disney stuff tattooed on themselves and go there all the time plus on the Disney cruise ships in big groups. I don't get it. Why do adults going to meet other adults go to places themed for little kids to presumably engage in adult activities. See if you can think outside of your homophobe indoctrination box.

If you're wondering why ADULTS form cult like affinities for cartoons (Disney or otherwise) why ignore My Little Pony and only charge gays with being weird? This whole tread reeks of your poor attempt at gay bashing.
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 9:42:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 5:24:31 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/26/2014 2:33:39 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/26/2014 1:44:06 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/26/2014 12:57:14 PM, sadolite wrote:
Read the thread I never said anything about cartoons


Okay, so let me repeat what I said a little differently... (except not really)

Yes, Disney is marketed toward children. Disney is comprised mostly of cartoons and animation. SIMILARLY, cartoons (except those with adult content) are marketed toward children, and contain cartoonish animations plus child-like entertainment and content -- also rated G/ PG and marketed toward children... yet are well liked by adults, including straight men. You ignored this point. Obviously.

And clearly you ignored my point that straight women LOVE Disney. I asked what the difference (problem) was of something like Disney being adored by straight women or gay men of the same age? Do you have an answer, or are you going to ignore it because it discredits whatever point you were implying?

I asked what is the deal with homosexuals and the Disney fetish. You want to make it some kind of discrimination issue as usual. My neighbors are gay and have Disney stuff tattooed on themselves and go there all the time plus on the Disney cruise ships in big groups. I don't get it. Why do adults going to meet other adults go to places themed for little kids to presumably engage in adult activities. See if you can think outside of your homophobe indoctrination box.

If you're wondering why ADULTS form cult like affinities for cartoons (Disney or otherwise) why ignore My Little Pony and only charge gays with being weird? This whole tread reeks of your poor attempt at gay bashing.

Um like everyone else, you don't read the thread. I was not referring to watching cartoons. And because I was not talking about watching cartoons I will not respond about watching cartoons. That is not what I am talking about and is not the topic. You can try and redirect and make it about watching cartoons to try and make an irrelevant point about nothing, but hey that's your prerogative. Now if you want to go back and read the thread and stay on topic we may have something to discuss. But until such time try and think outside your knee jerk homophobe indoctrination disease.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Bennett91
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 9:47:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 9:42:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:24:31 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/26/2014 2:33:39 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/26/2014 1:44:06 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/26/2014 12:57:14 PM, sadolite wrote:
Read the thread I never said anything about cartoons


Okay, so let me repeat what I said a little differently... (except not really)

Yes, Disney is marketed toward children. Disney is comprised mostly of cartoons and animation. SIMILARLY, cartoons (except those with adult content) are marketed toward children, and contain cartoonish animations plus child-like entertainment and content -- also rated G/ PG and marketed toward children... yet are well liked by adults, including straight men. You ignored this point. Obviously.

And clearly you ignored my point that straight women LOVE Disney. I asked what the difference (problem) was of something like Disney being adored by straight women or gay men of the same age? Do you have an answer, or are you going to ignore it because it discredits whatever point you were implying?

I asked what is the deal with homosexuals and the Disney fetish. You want to make it some kind of discrimination issue as usual. My neighbors are gay and have Disney stuff tattooed on themselves and go there all the time plus on the Disney cruise ships in big groups. I don't get it. Why do adults going to meet other adults go to places themed for little kids to presumably engage in adult activities. See if you can think outside of your homophobe indoctrination box.

If you're wondering why ADULTS form cult like affinities for cartoons (Disney or otherwise) why ignore My Little Pony and only charge gays with being weird? This whole tread reeks of your poor attempt at gay bashing.

Um like everyone else, you don't read the thread. I was not referring to watching cartoons. And because I was not talking about watching cartoons I will not respond about watching cartoons. That is not what I am talking about and is not the topic. You can try and redirect and make it about watching cartoons to try and make an irrelevant point about nothing, but hey that's your prerogative. Now if you want to go back and read the thread and stay on topic we may have something to discuss. But until such time try and think outside your knee jerk homophobe indoctrination disease.

Disney makes cartoons .... you fool. You wonder why some gays like disney, same reason why everyone else likes Disney. Why does Disney cater to gays? money.

You're being a homophobe because you're acting like adult gays are the only people who like Disney or other cartoons marketed to children. You even know it because in the OP you want people not to call you out on it.
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 10:23:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/26/2014 9:47:33 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/26/2014 9:42:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:24:31 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/26/2014 2:33:39 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/26/2014 1:44:06 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/26/2014 12:57:14 PM, sadolite wrote:
Read the thread I never said anything about cartoons


Okay, so let me repeat what I said a little differently... (except not really)

Yes, Disney is marketed toward children. Disney is comprised mostly of cartoons and animation. SIMILARLY, cartoons (except those with adult content) are marketed toward children, and contain cartoonish animations plus child-like entertainment and content -- also rated G/ PG and marketed toward children... yet are well liked by adults, including straight men. You ignored this point. Obviously.

And clearly you ignored my point that straight women LOVE Disney. I asked what the difference (problem) was of something like Disney being adored by straight women or gay men of the same age? Do you have an answer, or are you going to ignore it because it discredits whatever point you were implying?

I asked what is the deal with homosexuals and the Disney fetish. You want to make it some kind of discrimination issue as usual. My neighbors are gay and have Disney stuff tattooed on themselves and go there all the time plus on the Disney cruise ships in big groups. I don't get it. Why do adults going to meet other adults go to places themed for little kids to presumably engage in adult activities. See if you can think outside of your homophobe indoctrination box.

If you're wondering why ADULTS form cult like affinities for cartoons (Disney or otherwise) why ignore My Little Pony and only charge gays with being weird? This whole tread reeks of your poor attempt at gay bashing.

Um like everyone else, you don't read the thread. I was not referring to watching cartoons. And because I was not talking about watching cartoons I will not respond about watching cartoons. That is not what I am talking about and is not the topic. You can try and redirect and make it about watching cartoons to try and make an irrelevant point about nothing, but hey that's your prerogative. Now if you want to go back and read the thread and stay on topic we may have something to discuss. But until such time try and think outside your knee jerk homophobe indoctrination disease.

Disney makes cartoons .... you fool. You wonder why some gays like disney, same reason why everyone else likes Disney. Why does Disney cater to gays? money.

You're being a homophobe because you're acting like adult gays are the only people who like Disney or other cartoons marketed to children. You even know it because in the OP you want people not to call you out on it.

Never said disney didn't make cartoons "fool" For the second time this thread isn't about watching cartoons. But hey you can continue to think that if it makes you feel better about yourself
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%