Jump to topic:

What grinds your gears?

The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 10:47:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Fool: You know what really grinds my gears? When new members respond to long dead forum threads whose original poster is no longer on the website.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 1:08:24 PM
Companies that offer great deals to new customers while extending the middle finger to their existing ones.
For example, special new client deals for cable or cell phone service.
My work here is, finally, done.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 1:35:45 PM
At 12/23/2014 1:08:24 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Companies that offer great deals to new customers while extending the middle finger to their existing ones.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 2:35:47 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com...
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 2:40:35 PM
Bump
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 2:49:59 PM
At 12/23/2014 1:08:24 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

OMFG YES.
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 2:51:40 PM
At 12/23/2014 2:35:47 PM, phantom wrote:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com...

People who don't understand the absolute genius of Bill Watterson, the fact that he should be placed above the likes of Hume and Kant, and the fact that he is never quoted on this website ever as it pertains to ingenious contemporary philosophers and artists.
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 2:55:19 PM
1. When women complain about things that are supposedly only about men, like farting, when they know that they're not just all about that shittoo, but they also enjoy it.

2. Hypocrisy,.

3. Stupidity.

4. When assholez don't keep up with you on purpose, then they're all like, "omg, you drank all the eggnog, wtf is wrong with you."

5. When people are all like, "I know you're having a thing, but my life is way too much more important right now."

6. When dogs act like they don't know when you know damn well that they do, and you can't argue with them to confirm.

7. When girls who are all busted act like they're too good, then come up out of the woodwork like bass relief when some hottie gives you attention.

8. Family stupidity and being expected to just deal with it.
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 2:57:05 PM
At 12/23/2014 10:47:36 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: You know what really grinds my gears? When new members respond to long dead forum threads whose original poster is no longer on the website.

Feminists.
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
Zylorarchy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 3:01:34 PM

People who judge and generalise an entire group.
"I am not intolerant of religion, I am intolerant of intolerance"
"True freedom is not simply left or right. It is the ability to know when a law is needed, but more importantly, know when one is not"
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 3:17:56 PM
Something like, for example, when the OP asks, "Where's Pellucidar?" and the next post says, I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in Denmark", which is followed by a knowledgeable post, correcting the previous post, stating that it is a fictional place in a hollow Earth created by Edgar Rice Burroughs, with some insightful trivia added for flavor, and then the very next post, submitted an hour later says, "I think it's in Poughkeepsie."
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 3:32:56 PM

Hitler. Someone should really stop that guy. He's wreckin up all of Europe!
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 8:01:55 AM
Oh, when people post a thread, and either:
Are noobs and the OP is their one and only post and they don't log in again any time soon, if at all, or
Ignore the thread altogether, especially when people ask/reply to the OP.
My work here is, finally, done.