Jump to topic:

Goodbye DDO

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 3:05:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm moving on and i'm going to be very blunt. I've stayed for close friends of mine, but overall, i don't belong here. This site is a drug for false pleasure, pride, and friends. It's destroying lives. When i see a debate, i just laugh. I'm sure debating was useful when science wasn't advanced enough, but we live in a different age. We live in a world where science, education, and tech. reduced debating to a hobby. Smart people don't waste time debating, they bring their ideas to the table. They contribute to the world and influence others through understanding and innovate ideas. Smart people are the ones making lots of money and control an empire. What do you control? Who's influence have you gained from arguing? It's all about business and if you got nothing to give, no one will listen. You think you have power but you don't. Too often i've seen debating as a way to boost ego, ELO, and gender, but not the Truth. Being smart is about seeing the strengths and weaknesses of everything even yourself and using them to reap the benefits. The greatest minds didn't make discoveries by debating, they proactively sought them. Real scientists run wild with imagination and experiment to gain more knowledge, only to press deeper into the unknown. A discussion is an ideal place for exchanging ideas among thinkers seeking education.

DDO's a social clubhouse, but a very bad one. The site has too much drama. I can't be in a place of negativity and immaturity about what "he/said she/said." I can't hang with fake attention seeking people who think only of themselves. My real friends are more than friends, they're family. I'll feel so much better when i cut arrogant fake people out of my life. DDO is full of toxic people with all sorts of problems. I've matured to the point where i seek to develop closer friendships and i can't have them here.

I apologize for all the drama i caused, but for the users who beef with me would be wise to take my advice. No matter how angry or hurt i was, i still saw the Truth and i respect those who helped me get up and keep going. There's going to be imperfect people like me and if you can't resolve conflict, your going to be alone if not already. We live in an imperfect world now suck it up and learn to live in it.

Precious time is wasted talking about science, but never doing or learning more. I've matured enough to get the better things in life such as my career, friends, music, marriage, etc. and i can't have them as long as i stay here. As a Bible scholar, i seek education and knowledge of my faith which i can't find here. People say i'm crazy because i am. I'm going to take my raps to the stage, i'm going to be a public speaker, an artist, a teacher: an influential and well respected leader.

You could all experience real love, making mad money, married in a nice place right now. You are all talented and have a bright future, but stay addicted to this site and you will never have it. I believe in every single one of you. People change and eventually this site won't be the same anymore. You young teens will be kids, grow up, and move on, that's just life. Go ahead: brag about your ELO, boost your ego, keep playing Mafia, AMA, whatever it is you do because in the real world no one recognizes who the heck you are. In a few years, none of this will matter as the next generation comes in. If you all want a world where you can be someone else to escape life, a world that doesn't exist then stay here, but i'm going to fight my battles in reality. For those interested in getting to know me as a person, i'll give you my contact info. before i shut this acc. down. As for rap battles, i'm going to be on Raproyalty.com. For those wanting to use me - don't bother looking for me.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 3:35:16 PM
At 12/23/2014 3:05:55 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I'm moving on and i'm going to be very blunt. I've stayed for close friends of mine, but overall, i don't belong here. This site is a drug for false pleasure, pride, and friends. It's destroying lives. When i see a debate, i just laugh. I'm sure debating was useful when science wasn't advanced enough, but we live in a different age. We live in a world where science, education, and tech. reduced debating to a hobby. Smart people don't waste time debating, they bring their ideas to the table. They contribute to the world and influence others through understanding and innovate ideas. Smart people are the ones making lots of money and control an empire. What do you control? Who's influence have you gained from arguing? It's all about business and if you got nothing to give, no one will listen. You think you have power but you don't. Too often i've seen debating as a way to boost ego, ELO, and gender, but not the Truth. Being smart is about seeing the strengths and weaknesses of everything even yourself and using them to reap the benefits. The greatest minds didn't make discoveries by debating, they proactively sought them. Real scientists run wild with imagination and experiment to gain more knowledge, only to press deeper into the unknown. A discussion is an ideal place for exchanging ideas among thinkers seeking education.

DDO's a social clubhouse, but a very bad one. The site has too much drama. I can't be in a place of negativity and immaturity about what "he/said she/said." I can't hang with fake attention seeking people who think only of themselves. My real friends are more than friends, they're family. I'll feel so much better when i cut arrogant fake people out of my life. DDO is full of toxic people with all sorts of problems. I've matured to the point where i seek to develop closer friendships and i can't have them here.

I apologize for all the drama i caused, but for the users who beef with me would be wise to take my advice. No matter how angry or hurt i was, i still saw the Truth and i respect those who helped me get up and keep going. There's going to be imperfect people like me and if you can't resolve conflict, your going to be alone if not already. We live in an imperfect world now suck it up and learn to live in it.

Precious time is wasted talking about science, but never doing or learning more. I've matured enough to get the better things in life such as my career, friends, music, marriage, etc. and i can't have them as long as i stay here. As a Bible scholar, i seek education and knowledge of my faith which i can't find here. People say i'm crazy because i am. I'm going to take my raps to the stage, i'm going to be a public speaker, an artist, a teacher: an influential and well respected leader.

You could all experience real love, making mad money, married in a nice place right now. You are all talented and have a bright future, but stay addicted to this site and you will never have it. I believe in every single one of you. People change and eventually this site won't be the same anymore. You young teens will be kids, grow up, and move on, that's just life. Go ahead: brag about your ELO, boost your ego, keep playing Mafia, AMA, whatever it is you do because in the real world no one recognizes who the heck you are. In a few years, none of this will matter as the next generation comes in. If you all want a world where you can be someone else to escape life, a world that doesn't exist then stay here, but i'm going to fight my battles in reality. For those interested in getting to know me as a person, i'll give you my contact info. before i shut this acc. down. As for rap battles, i'm going to be on Raproyalty.com. For those wanting to use me - don't bother looking for me.

Goodbye, it was nice meeting you. :)
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 3:44:41 PM
At 12/23/2014 3:37:01 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I hope we can keep in touch mishapqueen :)

Hope so too! :)
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 3:49:14 PM
I disagree; in my opinion Debate is more important than it has ever been, with huge meaning and implications in the real world.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
VelCrow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 3:02:26 AM

We didnt talk much but i do wish you well in your future endeavors. Take care :)
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

http://www.debate.org...
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 3:53:39 AM

In all honesty, the only thing keeping me here is the ability to debate topics before doing them in person. Allows me to improve a bit, get ready more, and decide which topics I am able to do.

If I could find a better way, then I would leave.

Religion section is dead.
Too much drama.
Too many Mikal fanboys.
Polls are ****.
Opinions have never been my thing.

I am surprised that I am actually still here.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 3:24:56 PM
At 12/23/2014 3:37:01 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Good-bye TS, you'll be missed buddy.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~