Jump to topic:

Dating older people

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 6:39:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I hate it when older people see a problem dating younger people. It's annoying and i feel underestimated. Even as a teen (around the age of consent), I've been noticed by older women around 20-30 and after thinking about it, it's for good reason. I believe they can sense that i'm not like other youngins my age. I'm not trying to be arrogant, but given the right circumstances i can handle an older woman. People are getting older but no one's growing up is the way i see it. You supposed to run your girl like no tomorrow and sweep her off her feet. I'll dive straight in to make relationships work at all costs and don't care about social status or profession.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 6:45:24 PM
At 12/23/2014 6:39:53 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I hate it when older people see a problem dating younger people. It's annoying and i feel underestimated. Even as a teen (around the age of consent), I've been noticed by older women around 20-30 and after thinking about it, it's for good reason. I believe they can sense that i'm not like other youngins my age. I'm not trying to be arrogant, but given the right circumstances i can handle an older woman. People are getting older but no one's growing up is the way i see it. You supposed to run your girl like no tomorrow and sweep her off her feet. I'll dive straight in to make relationships work at all costs and don't care about social status or profession.

What do you think about 15 year old girls dating 21 year old guys?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 6:47:20 PM
At 12/23/2014 6:45:24 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Of course i don't recommend people dating THAT young in this society lol but at least where i live, 18 is the age where your free to date anyone above that limit.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 6:48:53 PM
At 12/23/2014 6:47:20 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Of course i don't recommend people dating THAT young in this society lol but at least where i live, 18 is the age where your free to date anyone above that limit.

How about 15 and 18?

The DDO Blog:

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 6:49:34 PM
At 12/23/2014 6:48:53 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

How about 15 and 18?

Still, anything below 15 is a no no.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 6:51:22 PM
At 12/23/2014 6:49:34 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

How about 15 and 18?

How about a 19 year old girl with a 105 year old man?

The DDO Blog:

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 6:53:16 PM
At 12/23/2014 6:51:22 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

How about 15 and 18?

I doubt anyone can live that long LOL! but i mean the way i see it, there has to be at least some compatibility and attraction. People should be very flexible when it comes down to it.
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 9:58:59 PM
Dating in general is a waste ... No point...
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 10:49:39 PM

Maybe it's because you look like a death metal satanist, and they want to trade their eternal souls to you for earthly health, wealth, love, and happiness. Ever think of that, 'smart guy'?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 8:25:10 AM

When I was 16, I dated a 22 year old girl.
The thing is, there really are some problems with older people dating younger people, and older people see this easier than younger people.

Because I had school and she didn't, we didn't see each other very much. And I couldn't commit very much to the relationship because of my duties as a student. It was hard for us to find time together.

It's also awkward as sh*t because as a 16 year old, I can't legally do things that she can (although I do them anyway).
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 10:12:13 AM

Teens and adults really don't think alike. They don't even have the same kind of brain. Haven't you learn from american movies how teens are basicly a disaster!?
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 4:15:37 PM
At 12/23/2014 6:51:22 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

How about 15 and 18?

You mean like Bella and Edward?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 4:16:29 PM
At 12/23/2014 9:58:59 PM, ElCorazonAma wrote:
Dating in general is a waste ... No point...

Au contrair! It's a necessary evil. Why, you can hardly get to know somebody without dating them. So there's very much a point.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 4:19:24 PM
I don't date girls who are too young because I don't want people to think I'm a dirty old man. Besides that, i don't seem to have much in common with girls more than a decade younger than me. We don't get the same pop references.