Jump to topic:

I need advice for making friends.

shaddamcorrinoIV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 4:47:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't know whats wrong, I'm a shut-in and my family keeps telling me to be out making friends, well, when I was on facebook and asked a few "friends" if they wanted to hang out they never got back to me. Does anyone have any advice. I don't want to be a recluse anymore but we'll darn it I tried and it hasn't worked. How have any of you made friends.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 4:53:54 PM
At 12/24/2014 4:47:10 PM, shaddamcorrinoIV wrote:
I don't know whats wrong, I'm a shut-in and my family keeps telling me to be out making friends, well, when I was on facebook and asked a few "friends" if they wanted to hang out they never got back to me. Does anyone have any advice. I don't want to be a recluse anymore but we'll darn it I tried and it hasn't worked. How have any of you made friends.

PM me.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 5:05:42 PM
How to Make Friends
~A short 5 step guide by Kitty~
Step one:
Find someone you think could be interesting, or seem that way.

Step two:
Talk to them. It can be about anything. When you find an awkward pause, repeat "potato" to move the conversation forward. Then you can move to step three, after a sufficiently long, deep, and meaningful conversation.

Step three:
Move in on them. You know they'll try to escape as soon as you leave and tell the ttyl or something, so you must whip out your handy-dandy handcuffs that you carry everywhere. Tie them up and take them somewhere private.

Step four:
This step is crucial. If you mess up, you will never have friends, ever. Release your "friend" in an enclosed environment. Make sure they know they are not allowed to leave. If need be, threaten them at a knifepoint, and if they struggle, carve patterns into their face. Then tell them if they are good, they will be rewarded with things like TV and dessert. If not, they will be carved. Soon, they will grow to love you.

Step five:
You now have friends! Enjoy them! Start over from step one if they die from too much carving, or if you desire more friends.

Signing off <3,
The Katt
I may or may not be a cat
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 5:11:47 PM
Share interests with them - it's really that simple. Then they come to armour themselves by you.

I had a friend who I had the same, weird-coloured eyes as, and he fell in love with me for it lol.

Everyone thinks they're about to be thrown into a concentration camp at any moment for their likes.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 5:19:46 PM
At 12/24/2014 5:11:47 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Share interests with them - it's really that simple. Then they come to armour themselves by you.

I had a friend who I had the same, weird-coloured eyes as, and he fell in love with me for it lol.

Everyone thinks they're about to be thrown into a concentration camp at any moment for their likes.

Christianity isn't half to blame for that either...
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 5:39:01 PM

Get a hobby that involves being around people and meet people through said hobby.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 5:40:18 PM
Be positive. Be happy. Make people feel good. Give value to people in your conversations, and by doing cool things for people. Learn how to relax and have fun around people. Expand your comfort zone and give less of a fvck about things; people are absolutely drawn to those who have more fun and care less about what other people think of them. Don't complain. Realize that you're awesome, and do everything you can to develop yourself to that point.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 5:43:42 PM
At 12/24/2014 5:40:18 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Be positive. Be happy. Make people feel good. Give value to people in your conversations, and by doing cool things for people. Learn how to relax and have fun around people. Expand your comfort zone and give less of a fvck about things; people are absolutely drawn to those who have more fun and care less about what other people think of them. Don't complain. Realize that you're awesome, and do everything you can to develop yourself to that point.

I love the way you make these sort of posts dude, lol.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 10:51:07 AM

Having friends isn't all what's it's cracked up to be.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 8:05:21 PM
Lol that you decided to ask for advice on making friends on the internet.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 8:07:28 PM
But seriously, you need to get yourself out there. I met one of my best friends when I least expected to meet one. For me, I was in the right place at the right time. Find out if others have similar interests to your own, and talk to them about it. I should note that my advice might not be the most credible, considering I only have three friends.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 3:45:30 AM

101 year old Paddishaw emperor having trouble making friends. Interesting.

A lot of people put up communal hobby, but the hard part is getting yourself out there, in general.

You had mentioned are a bit of a recluse, is that because of the lack of friends, or some variety of social anxiety?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 10:33:11 AM

Beer food and some activity in common are basic starters.

Where to find friends is everywhere.

Get a good first liner: "hi my names Ray, how are you doing today?"
Buts thats mine.

And smile.
shaddamcorrinoIV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 10:46:20 AM
At 12/26/2014 3:45:30 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

A lot of people put up communal hobby, but the hard part is getting yourself out there, in general.

You had mentioned are a bit of a recluse, is that because of the lack of friends, or some variety of social anxiety?

I don't think its either I think its due to the fact that I am an only child and I had little social contact growing up.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:21:51 PM
At 12/27/2014 10:46:20 AM, shaddamcorrinoIV wrote:
At 12/26/2014 3:45:30 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

I don't think its either I think its due to the fact that I am an only child and I had little social contact growing up.

Same here, but I still had dudes that I liked paling around with, hung out with on the weekends, etc. If its neither of those, pool hall or sports bar. Find a place that does like Texas Hold 'em nights or something, and see who you click with. And like Mykiel said above, smile. Not like alot, but a cheery demeanor goes a long way.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 8:15:49 PM

What grade are you in?
Nolite Timere
tella1204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 11:18:57 AM

Having lots and lots of friends is not a necessity in life. I do however think it is important to have a few close friends that you can rely on and talk to. Often, these true friends just come out of nowhere, I know this is the last thing that you want to here as you are ready to take action now but sometimes these big things in your life just take time and require a little patience. Throughout your life you will always come across so called friends who turn out to hurt you and end up being completely different to what you thought they would be, this is life I am afraid. There are plenty of good people out there and lovely people who will take time out of their lives to care for you, it just takes a bit of time to find them. Don't give up hope. Just be a good person, helpful and friendly and most of all be yourself. Before you know it, you will be surrounded by lots of caring people who turn out to be exactly the friends you need.
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 11:49:20 AM

You're 101 years old. No wonder you don't have any friends. they're all dead.

Friends are achieved with courage and honesty, with both them and yourself.
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 2:29:54 PM

Try attending social functions, and then keep drinking until you feel social.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 2:30:43 PM
At 12/24/2014 5:05:42 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
How to Make Friends
Step one:

Step two:
Talk to them. It can be about anything. When you find an awkward pause, repeat "potato" to move the conversation forward. Then you can move to step three, after a sufficiently long, deep, and meaningful conversation.

Step three:
Move in on them. You know they'll try to escape as soon as you leave and tell the ttyl or something, so you must whip out your handy-dandy handcuffs that you carry everywhere. Tie them up and take them somewhere private.

Step four:
This step is crucial. If you mess up, you will never have friends, ever. Release your "friend" in an enclosed environment. Make sure they know they are not allowed to leave. If need be, threaten them at a knifepoint, and if they struggle, carve patterns into their face. Then tell them if they are good, they will be rewarded with things like TV and dessert. If not, they will be carved. Soon, they will grow to love you.

Step five:
You now have friends! Enjoy them! Start over from step one if they die from too much carving, or if you desire more friends.

Signing off <3,
The Katt

I am sincerely scared of you.
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:13:54 PM
At 3/31/2015 2:30:43 PM, Wylted wrote:
How to Make Friends
Step one:

Step two:

Step three:

Step four:

Step five:

Signing off <3,
The Katt

I don't know what you're talkign about ^_^ I'm sweet and innocent, and i have many friends that are still alive :D
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:25:22 PM
At 3/31/2015 5:13:54 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
How to Make Friends
Step one:

Step two:

Step three:

Step four:

Step five:

Signing off <3,
The Katt

I don't know what you're talkign about ^_^ I'm sweet and innocent, and i have many friends that are still alive :D

I pray you never grow tired of playing with the ones, you leave alive.
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 9:46:34 PM
At 3/31/2015 5:25:22 PM, Wylted wrote:
How to Make Friends
Step one:

Step two:

Step three:

Step four:

Step five:

Signing off <3,
The Katt

I don't know what you're talking about ^_^ I'm sweet and innocent, and i have many friends that are still alive :D

I pray you never grow tired of playing with the ones, you leave alive.

I never said how many i went through, and how old the ones that are alive are.... o.0
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 6:14:49 AM

*shivers*
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 4:14:39 PM
At 4/1/2015 6:14:49 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

*shivers*

^_^
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2015 4:14:58 PM
At 4/1/2015 4:14:39 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

*shivers*

^_^

<3
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 5:24:04 PM
At 4/1/2015 4:14:58 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 4/1/2015 4:14:39 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

*shivers*

^_^

<3

<3
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 5:26:22 PM
How to Make Friends
Step one:

Step two:

Step three:

Step four:

Step five:

Signing off <3,
The Katt

._____________________________________________.
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2015 5:42:24 PM
At 4/2/2015 5:26:22 PM, RevNge wrote:
How to Make Friends
Step one:

Step two:

Step three:

Step four:

Step five:

Signing off <3,
The Katt

._____________________________________________.

Oh hi there, human! How fare you?