Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

How much do you procrastinate in debates?

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 5:58:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I find that I often wait until the last minute to write my rounds - for example, in my ongoing debate with Ajabi (http://www.debate.org...), I submitted my round with three or so minutes left on the timer. What is the average time left when you submit your rounds?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 6:22:09 AM
At 12/31/2014 5:58:03 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
I find that I often wait until the last minute to write my rounds - for example, in my ongoing debate with Ajabi (http://www.debate.org...), I submitted my round with three or so minutes left on the timer. What is the average time left when you submit your rounds?

100% of the time. I usually have 30-45 minutes left to post during a 72 hour period. This is why I prefer debates with 10-30 minutes response time so things won't get boring.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 3:46:18 PM
At 12/31/2014 2:49:38 PM, RevNge wrote:
I usually submit it when there's less than a minute left. I'm utterly serious.

I try to give myself 5 minutes incase an earthquake takes out the power or something
phiLockeraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 12:33:56 AM
At 12/31/2014 5:58:03 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

Speaking as somebody who literally has a month to write cases for topics, I can confirm that everything is always done at the last possible minute. Keeps it fresh in the mind.
"Philosophy is a great conversation that never ends"

Writing for this website ----> www.dailyfreethinker.com
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 12:51:54 AM
I usually write arguments the day before the deadline or the day of, but I post them as late as possible to put off the next deadline for as long as possible, procrastinating for the future.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 1:54:26 AM
I've literally submitted my last 3 rounds within the final minute. I'm too busy to debate. I dunno why I accept.
President of DDO
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 8:30:44 PM
I've actually not had a debate in a while because I'm so bad about the procrastination. One time I actually submitted my round with just a few seconds left lol.