Jump to topic:

Advice from former Marines about Selection

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 10:19:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
As it stands, I hold a 3.8 GPA, a 38 ACT score, and am physically fit. Along with that, I work with the CPD as an explorer and am potentially going to begin working undercover on vice related crimes. Do you know of anything else I should work on in preparation for attempting to join the NROTC in two years? Alternatively, do you know how good my chances are?
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 10:24:50 PM
At 1/3/2015 10:19:41 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
As it stands, I hold a 3.8 GPA, a 38 ACT score, and am physically fit. Along with that, I work with the CPD as an explorer and am potentially going to begin working undercover on vice related crimes. Do you know of anything else I should work on in preparation for attempting to join the NROTC in two years? Alternatively, do you know how good my chances are?

Make sure you stay fit! I had a 3.7 GPA in high school. By the time I graduated, I was already Junior in College (with a 3.9 GPA, but that was because I only took the Math and Science classes I liked and none of the core classes that were needed). But I wasn't fit enough to make the ROTC (I wasn't out of shape by any stretch, but only a 9 minute mile, something like 30 push ups in 60 seconds and 45 sit ups).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:13:51 PM
At 1/3/2015 10:24:50 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Make sure you stay fit! I had a 3.7 GPA in high school. By the time I graduated, I was already Junior in College (with a 3.9 GPA, but that was because I only took the Math and Science classes I liked and none of the core classes that were needed). But I wasn't fit enough to make the ROTC (I wasn't out of shape by any stretch, but only a 9 minute mile, something like 30 push ups in 60 seconds and 45 sit ups).

Thank you. Any idea on how people fluent in German or Arabic would be treated?
TUF, and YYW
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:15:09 PM
At 1/3/2015 11:13:51 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Well.
Tsar of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:16:27 PM
the ACT only goes up to 36, lol....I guess you broke the test :P
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:19:55 PM
At 1/3/2015 11:15:09 PM, YYW wrote:

Well.

Define well.
TUF, and YYW
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:20:36 PM
At 1/3/2015 11:19:55 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Well.

Define well.

Are you an American citizen?
Tsar of DDO
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:22:02 PM
At 1/3/2015 11:20:36 PM, YYW wrote:

Well.

Define well.

Yes I am.
TUF, and YYW
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:22:38 PM
At 1/3/2015 11:22:02 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 1/3/2015 11:20:36 PM, YYW wrote:

Well.

Define well.

Yes I am.

You will most likely get in.
Tsar of DDO
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:26:30 PM

No offense, but are you actually a girl or a guy? I ask because a lot of people on this site like XLAV for example sometimes show male and other times female on their profile, it's quite confusing lol
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:27:00 PM
At 1/3/2015 11:26:30 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

No offense, but are you actually a girl or a guy? I ask because a lot of people on this site like XLAV for example sometimes show male and other times female on their profile, it's quite confusing lol

Ore_Ele is female
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:29:10 PM

They'll think you are a Nazi Muslim Terrorist.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:30:31 PM

I take offense to such a question. I have a tallywacker, don't tell anyone.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:31:46 PM
At 1/3/2015 11:27:00 PM, thett3 wrote:

Ore_Ele is female

If that's the case, I am pretty shocked that 30 pushups and 45 situps in a minute wasn't enough to qualify. Granted The 9 minute mile is a little slow, but I would have thought those numbers would be enough for a female.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:32:59 PM
At 1/3/2015 11:30:31 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Lol ok, my bad!
(I don't even want to know what a tally whacker is, do I?)
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:33:19 PM
At 1/3/2015 11:31:46 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Ore_Ele is female

If that's the case, I am pretty shocked that 30 pushups and 45 situps in a minute wasn't enough to qualify. Granted The 9 minute mile is a little slow, but I would have thought those numbers would be enough for a female.

Wow, the way you're talking it's like feminism didn't even happen. Why don't you check your privilege, Ford?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:35:08 PM
At 1/3/2015 11:32:59 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 1/3/2015 11:30:31 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Lol ok, my bad!
(I don't even want to know what a tally whacker is, do I?)

Its a female thing
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:35:39 PM
At 1/3/2015 11:29:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

They'll think you are a Nazi Muslim Terrorist.

Oh sh*t! She's onto me.
TUF, and YYW
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:36:08 PM
At 1/3/2015 11:33:19 PM, thett3 wrote:

Ore_Ele is female

Wow, the way you're talking it's like feminism didn't even happen. Why don't you check your privilege, Ford?

Umm, I think this is a joke, right? If not, I hope you do know that federal agencies like the FBI as well as military forces have different standards of physical fitness for men and women. Women can get in with numbers that would disqualify a man.

Sorry if you were joking, it's hard to tell over text
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:36:28 PM

god such ignorance

they're gender fluid, you oppressor.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:37:22 PM
At 1/3/2015 11:36:08 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Ore_Ele is female

Umm, I think this is a joke, right? If not, I hope you do know that federal agencies like the FBI as well as military forces have different standards of physical fitness for men and women. Women can get in with numbers that would disqualify a man.

So not only do you think women are weak, but you can't even take a woman seriously when she enters political dialogue and assume I'm joking.

I don't even know what to say
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:39:28 PM

That's because I'm both.
;)
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:40:59 PM
At 1/3/2015 11:37:22 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/3/2015 11:36:08 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Ore_Ele is female

So not only do you think women are weak, but you can't even take a woman seriously when she enters political dialogue and assume I'm joking.

I don't even know what to say

Heh, ok ok you got me, it was a joke. I was worried for a second though
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:41:40 PM
At 1/3/2015 11:40:44 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Just look straight ahead, don't blonk or flinch and shout "Sir no Sir!"

This is also my recommendation for sexual intercourses.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:41:55 PM
At 1/3/2015 11:39:28 PM, XLAV wrote:

That's because I'm both.
;)

I find that somewhat hard to believe... Lol
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:43:07 PM
At 1/3/2015 11:41:40 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Lol I too make a habit of never blonking, mainly since I don't know how to do it or even what it is...
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:43:52 PM
At 1/3/2015 11:36:28 PM, Cermank wrote:

god such ignorance

they're gender fluid, you oppressor.

Woops, my b
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 11:45:42 PM
At 1/3/2015 11:41:40 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Yama is a top. Not a bottom.
TUF, and YYW