Jump to topic:

10 year High School reunion

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 12:04:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So this year is my (and my wife's) 10 year High School reunion. Some anonymous student created a facebook account under the school Mascot name and just yesterday created an event for us to start planning it. Took about 37 minutes before it turned into a pity party about how we are all old now.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 3:40:50 PM
At 1/10/2015 12:04:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
So this year is my (and my wife's) 10 year High School reunion. Some anonymous student created a facebook account under the school Mascot name and just yesterday created an event for us to start planning it. Took about 37 minutes before it turned into a pity party about how we are all old now.

You're not old until you need help finding your privates just to take a pee. That's old. What are you, 28-ish? You're still a baby ;)
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 3:46:32 PM
At 1/10/2015 3:40:50 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

You're not old until you need help finding your privates just to take a pee. That's old. What are you, 28-ish? You're still a baby ;)

It is more of everyone else from my school that are freaking out.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:00:51 PM
At 1/10/2015 3:46:32 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

It is more of everyone else from my school that are freaking out.

By the 20 year reunion they will all be in denial and experiencing a midlife crisis. It'll be about who's got the sexiest car. Experience speaking here.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:03:56 PM

If anything, that seems like the person is obese.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:07:40 PM
At 1/10/2015 4:03:56 PM, SamStevens wrote:

No... my sister is a hospice nurse and she likes to talk about her job. Especially while I'm eating, just adding how horrible it can be. I wouldn't lie ;) The stories stick with me like an annoying rash.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:19:07 PM
At 1/10/2015 4:07:40 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

No... my sister is a hospice nurse and she likes to talk about her job. Especially while I'm eating, just adding how horrible it can be. I wouldn't lie ;) The stories stick with me like an annoying rash.

So how does being old prohibit one from finding their genitals?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:24:25 PM

Is this individual old?

http://fc07.deviantart.net...

This person may need help finding their genitals, but they are not elderly.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:25:41 PM
At 1/10/2015 4:19:07 PM, SamStevens wrote:

So how does being old prohibit one from finding their genitals?

Lol! That's a good question?! I'm just saying that's what I get from her stories. Maybe it's not a matter of them disappearing. Maybe it's all in the dexterity required. This is disturbing. We should talk about the psychology behind the traditional high school reunion and what it does to one's self esteem. :P
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:27:23 PM
At 1/10/2015 4:24:25 PM, SamStevens wrote:

Is this individual old?

She also told me that once someone becomes so obese they lose the right to genitals. Ugh! Maybe she's right. That's sad.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:30:28 PM
At 1/10/2015 4:27:23 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

Is this individual old?

She also told me that once someone becomes so obese they lose the right to genitals. Ugh! Maybe she's right. That's sad.

How is it sad?
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:33:44 PM
At 1/10/2015 4:30:28 PM, SamStevens wrote:

Is this individual old?

How is it sad?

Well... I think it's sad to be crippled by a physical affliction.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:44:07 PM
At 1/10/2015 4:33:44 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

Is this individual old?

How is it sad?

In my opinion, unless the person has a medical/eating disorder, they deserve no sympathy for what they choose to put in their mouth.
http://www.quickmeme.com...
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 5:05:53 PM
At 1/10/2015 4:44:07 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 1/10/2015 4:33:44 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

Is this individual old?

How is it sad?

In my opinion, unless the person has a medical/eating disorder, they deserve no sympathy for what they choose to put in their mouth.
http://www.quickmeme.com...

Word.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 6:56:12 AM

I'm not sure if my class will have one. Honestly, I have no interest in it because 1) I was never into HS and 2) I already know about everyone's life cuz of Facebook and Instagram lol. I know who has cute/ugly babies. I know who has obviously married for money. I know who turned out to be the doofus I assumed they would be. Etc. And I still very much keep in touch with the good people from HS. I talk to people I didn't back then on Facebook now. And I have no use for the others. But I think I would go. Cuz I know my friends would wanna. And we all look better now than we did back then, unlike them ;)
President of DDO
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 3:26:58 PM
The babies bit is the weirdest part about it for me. There is no end of 'wtf' in it for me hearing who's having babies with who. I would go too though, even though it's gonna be another 4 years if there even is one. I left school early, went away and did my own very particular thing; actually ended up in college and living with a bunch of lads and girls from the year above me (who I also never get in touch with); and it was abrupt, so maybe I missed out on something, I dunno... I know that I love meeting people again, though. And I was in love with a bunch of girls from my year (some of which I meet still, in fairness) who would probably hit me hard with a big mallet of memory. And dudes too, of course. Truthfully, there are so many people who have meant so much to me, and I have always just walked away. Bit of an oddity about me maybe. Or maybe it's something I've been doing right. I have these sort of meetings with people though, and they're something else. No bad blood, or no boredom perhaps. I meet people and it's, like, ...well, it's a solid blast from the past, and it's easy, ya know? and there's something sweet in it. I don't care for judging them, or what they've done, and nor they me; it's just 'hello lol wtfff'. I dunno. Life's a trip, isn't it? The only thing is the uncertainty of it, which makes it in one way, can have you wishing it was otherwise. Or have me wishing, lol. I loved highschool too. And college (twice). And everywhere else I've been. I don't really have a single bad memory of any of it. Sad memories, but not bad ones. And I'm a few years off my reunion I know lol, but 7 years is a long time...