Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

Is this normal?

Commondebator
Posts: 58
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:07:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Ill be honest. Every time I see a chick (A baby chicken not the girl), I have this urge to well. . .Bring it harm. I mean its squeaking and helplessness makes me want to squish it. Does this happen to anyone else? I did find some phycological articles of how cuteness inspires aggression.

I don't think I'm a psychopath XD
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:11:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:07:23 PM, Commondebator wrote:
Ill be honest. Every time I see a chick (A baby chicken not the girl), I have this urge to well. . .Bring it harm. I mean its squeaking and helplessness makes me want to squish it. Does this happen to anyone else? I did find some phycological articles of how cuteness inspires aggression.


I don't think I'm a psychopath XD

Is it only with chicks that you have these urges? Any other animals?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
heyfur_1213
Posts: 709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:12:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:07:23 PM, Commondebator wrote:
Ill be honest. Every time I see a chick (A baby chicken not the girl), I have this urge to well. . .Bring it harm. I mean its squeaking and helplessness makes me want to squish it. Does this happen to anyone else? I did find some phycological articles of how cuteness inspires aggression.


I don't think I'm a psychopath XD

Yes this is normal....there was this adorable spider I was playing with once, it was bigger than the usual ones I play with, it was crawling up my arm and all over. I thought it was so cute that I sort of wanted to squish it to death but of course I could not. I just ended up holding it in between my two fingers, kissing it, and then letting it go. </3
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:29:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:07:23 PM, Commondebator wrote:
Ill be honest. Every time I see a chick (A baby chicken not the girl), I have this urge to well. . .Bring it harm. I mean its squeaking and helplessness makes me want to squish it. Does this happen to anyone else? I did find some phycological articles of how cuteness inspires aggression.


I don't think I'm a psychopath XD

Is it because it's so cute? I get those urges.. squeeze it and give it love bites and kisses. It's really hard for me to hold baby animals because of that. I love them to death.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:30:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:29:39 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:07:23 PM, Commondebator wrote:
Ill be honest. Every time I see a chick (A baby chicken not the girl), I have this urge to well. . .Bring it harm. I mean its squeaking and helplessness makes me want to squish it. Does this happen to anyone else? I did find some phycological articles of how cuteness inspires aggression.


I don't think I'm a psychopath XD

Is it because it's so cute? I get those urges.. squeeze it and give it love bites and kisses. It's really hard for me to hold baby animals because of that. I love them to death.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:41:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:07:23 PM, Commondebator wrote:
Ill be honest. Every time I see a chick (A baby chicken not the girl), I have this urge to well. . .Bring it harm. I mean its squeaking and helplessness makes me want to squish it. Does this happen to anyone else? I did find some physiological articles of how cuteness inspires aggression.


I don't think I'm a psychopath XD

Nope. I do it sometimes too (albeit with larger animals, a gun, and a fire). Nothing tastes better than meat you caught, cleaned, and prepared yourself.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:42:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
And... now I'm hungry. Brb, I'm gonna go eat some chicken.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Commondebator
Posts: 58
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:43:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Its not because "Aw its so cute that I want to squish it"

Its literally that Im getting this anger to harm it, BECAUSE its cute.

I mean my thoughts are

"That annoying baby chicken so harmless and helpless. Just flapping around. . . oooo I wanna kill it so badly"
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:51:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:43:23 PM, Commondebator wrote:
Its not because "Aw its so cute that I want to squish it"

Its literally that Im getting this anger to harm it, BECAUSE its cute.

I mean my thoughts are

"That annoying baby chicken so harmless and helpless. Just flapping around. . . oooo I wanna kill it so badly"

*Eating a bowl of chicken*
Your problem is that you think too much.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
komododragon8
Posts: 405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 11:04:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:43:23 PM, Commondebator wrote:
Its not because "Aw its so cute that I want to squish it"

Its literally that Im getting this anger to harm it, BECAUSE its cute.

I mean my thoughts are

"That annoying baby chicken so harmless and helpless. Just flapping around. . . oooo I wanna kill it so badly"

Was it a photo because if that's the case then I've heard one theory. It goes like this: You see the cute animal and you want to hold and take care of it, but because its a photo you cant reach the animal, ultimately you frustrated and begin experiencing angry thoughts.
Fido
Posts: 357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 1:52:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:07:23 PM, Commondebator wrote:
Ill be honest. Every time I see a chick (A baby chicken not the girl), I have this urge to well. . .Bring it harm. I mean its squeaking and helplessness makes me want to squish it. Does this happen to anyone else? I did find some phycological articles of how cuteness inspires aggression.


I don't think I'm a psychopath XD

I think you should get it checked. Have them do a lube job while they are at it.

I would never tell anyone how to feel. Feelings don't hurt people. Actions hurt people. There might be a thousand and one psychological reasons why some one might want to do just that. Maybe you need to connect with the inner chick, because the chicken is you.

If you are letting something or some one crush the life out of you, or perhaps they already have, then it is perfectly normal in my opinion as just another chicken, to want to see life from the perspective of the crusher once in a while. This is just another chicken opinion; and I say that because people are so normally pathetic, and while ethics connects us to our group, pathos connects us to life. We can feel pain with the witness of it. Perhaps the greater part of pain in this world is vicarious, and that does not mean it does not hurt. Some people are empathic in the extreme, and they must dull their sensitivity. And I have felt this some on our national battlefields. What pain and suffering was this landscape the witness to. For what futility where these people slain?
If you have ever killed a deer you may know what I mean, and there you are, not by accident close enough to kill that beast, and so you cut it down, and find it where it falls, and you say ya! I got you! And if you are a man you get down and share its death with him, and when it is on them he may lift their head and look at you with eyes that seem to wonder; What did I do to you?

And then one day, you get enough of death, and after that, even a fly is flattened with regrets. Sorry. Do you not wonder what death attends our feast? I might kill a chicken or two in the course of a week, or two. I don't kill them, but it is easier to eat them if they are dead. So I pay some one else to do it. Sorry. Life is death. Sorry; and I'll try to keep it to a minimum. Why make an animal grave yard of my stomach?

We live in a death society, and if your spirit is being crushed out of you, it is being crushed out of others, and you see that element in crime, just how stupid and violent people can be; for what? Are the emotionally dead supposed to care for the emotionally dead? Killing is such a pitiful way of sayin: I am still alive. At what price; because from my perspective, when people have lost their souls and they are just looking for some other being to exercise their demons on, they are done, and too brutalized to be brought back into humanity.

Just as bad as outright violent violence, is the low lever violence of simply not caring who gets hurt. Some one choking a chicken is more honest in their violence than one who injures for profit, or through neglect. Violence should be re-defined as result rather than by volatility, where specific good is not intended. If people are killed, it does not matter if the death is slow. If the profit is yours, it is your fault. Such injury is not considered as violence today, but it should be... I n my chicken opinion.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 7:10:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Just make sure if you ever feel this way about humans that you specifically go after murderers that have bypassed the criminal justice system. Apparently it happens a lot in Florida.
President of DDO
Harper
Posts: 374
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 3:22:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:07:23 PM, Commondebator wrote:
Ill be honest. Every time I see a chick (A baby chicken not the girl), I have this urge to well. . .Bring it harm. I mean its squeaking and helplessness makes me want to squish it. Does this happen to anyone else? I did find some phycological articles of how cuteness inspires aggression.


I don't think I'm a psychopath XD

I am no psychologist, but I think people have the desire to harm helpless things because many of us (if not all) were harmed when we were helpless. It gives us a sense of power, the very sense of power that our childhood under the authority of parents and society simply could not give us. There is nothing wrong with you, you are simply reflecting the way you were treated as a child. Furthermore, it is not my place to judge or condemn you for such desires and impulses, even if you act out on them. I do not condemn individuals for reflecting the very way they were treated by society as a whole.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 5:47:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:07:23 PM, Commondebator wrote:
Ill be honest. Every time I see a chick (A baby chicken not the girl), I have this urge to well. . .Bring it harm. I mean its squeaking and helplessness makes me want to squish it. Does this happen to anyone else? I did find some phycological articles of how cuteness inspires aggression.


I don't think I'm a psychopath XD

Most likely you have intrusive thoughts. You'll be fine.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Fingohluuptee
Posts: 6
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 5:50:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/11/2015 7:10:53 AM, Danielle wrote:
Just make sure if you ever feel this way about humans that you specifically go after murderers that have bypassed the criminal justice system. Apparently it happens a lot in Florida.

I see what you did there.

Harry is very pleased.
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 7:13:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:41:37 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:07:23 PM, Commondebator wrote:
Ill be honest. Every time I see a chick (A baby chicken not the girl), I have this urge to well. . .Bring it harm. I mean its squeaking and helplessness makes me want to squish it. Does this happen to anyone else? I did find some physiological articles of how cuteness inspires aggression.


I don't think I'm a psychopath XD

Nope. I do it sometimes too (albeit with larger animals, a gun, and a fire). Nothing tastes better than meat you caught, cleaned, and prepared yourself.

It's more rewarding, but better tasting? I'll take grain fed over wild any day. To oily and gamey for my taste.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 8:33:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/14/2015 7:13:23 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:41:37 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:07:23 PM, Commondebator wrote:
Ill be honest. Every time I see a chick (A baby chicken not the girl), I have this urge to well. . .Bring it harm. I mean its squeaking and helplessness makes me want to squish it. Does this happen to anyone else? I did find some physiological articles of how cuteness inspires aggression.


I don't think I'm a psychopath XD

Nope. I do it sometimes too (albeit with larger animals, a gun, and a fire). Nothing tastes better than meat you caught, cleaned, and prepared yourself.

It's more rewarding, but better tasting? I'll take grain fed over wild any day. To oily and gamey for my taste.

Grass fed is a thing. It makes meat and dairy taste much better.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
sadolite
Posts: 8,837
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 8:40:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/14/2015 8:33:02 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 1/14/2015 7:13:23 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:41:37 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:07:23 PM, Commondebator wrote:
Ill be honest. Every time I see a chick (A baby chicken not the girl), I have this urge to well. . .Bring it harm. I mean its squeaking and helplessness makes me want to squish it. Does this happen to anyone else? I did find some physiological articles of how cuteness inspires aggression.


I don't think I'm a psychopath XD

Nope. I do it sometimes too (albeit with larger animals, a gun, and a fire). Nothing tastes better than meat you caught, cleaned, and prepared yourself.

It's more rewarding, but better tasting? I'll take grain fed over wild any day. To oily and gamey for my taste.

Grass fed is a thing. It makes meat and dairy taste much better.

I have consumed many wild animals, farm raised taste better (In my opinion) Much less chance of parasites too. You have to cook wild meat well done for it to be safe to eat. Well done meat? Eh, no thanks, not if I don't have to.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 11:26:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/11/2015 7:10:53 AM, Danielle wrote:
Just make sure if you ever feel this way about humans that you specifically go after murderers that have bypassed the criminal justice system. Apparently it happens a lot in Florida.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...