Jump to topic:

Earliest childhood memories

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:34:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
What is your earliest childhood memory? How old were you? What do you remember? What was it about that memory that stood out to you?

I can remember being three and playing with blocks, and doing various toddler things. I can remember being four and going to Disney World, shaking hands with Mickey Mouse and riding various rides. I don't remember the names of the rides, but I remember I stood on my tip toes to be tall enough for one of them.

I can vividly remember almost everything that happened to me from age four on. Like, exactly what my house looked like (which I can draw perfectly from memory), what kind of clothes I wore and what I looked like, in the mirror, and the like. I mean I could go on... but this is probably boring lol

What about you?
Tsar of DDO
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:37:35 PM
At 1/11/2015 9:34:13 PM, YYW wrote:
What is your earliest childhood memory? How old were you? What do you remember? What was it about that memory that stood out to you?

I can remember being three and playing with blocks, and doing various toddler things. I can remember being four and going to Disney World, shaking hands with Mickey Mouse and riding various rides. I don't remember the names of the rides, but I remember I stood on my tip toes to be tall enough for one of them.

I can vividly remember almost everything that happened to me from age four on. Like, exactly what my house looked like (which I can draw perfectly from memory), what kind of clothes I wore and what I looked like, in the mirror, and the like. I mean I could go on... but this is probably boring lol

What about you?

I can remember being born. Get on my level, scrub.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:42:08 PM

I honesty can say for certain--at that age it's hard to sort out actual memories from things I just think I remember.

I can remember being three and playing with blocks, and doing various toddler things.

That's super cute...

I can remember being four and going to Disney World, shaking hands with Mickey Mouse and riding various rides. I don't remember the names of the rides, but I remember I stood on my tip toes to be tall enough for one of them.

Also super cute...

I almost wish I had that kind of recall. I really don't. Everything's fairly hazy. I mean, I could barely draw the layout of my current house from memory alone.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:47:24 PM
At 1/11/2015 9:42:08 PM, bsh1 wrote:

I honesty can say for certain--at that age it's hard to sort out actual memories from things I just think I remember.

I can remember being three and playing with blocks, and doing various toddler things.

That's super cute...

I can remember being four and going to Disney World, shaking hands with Mickey Mouse and riding various rides. I don't remember the names of the rides, but I remember I stood on my tip toes to be tall enough for one of them.

Also super cute...

I almost wish I had that kind of recall. I really don't. Everything's fairly hazy. I mean, I could barely draw the layout of my current house from memory alone.

What's the earliest memory you can recall, though? Like, how old were you? What happened?
Tsar of DDO
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:49:56 PM
At 1/11/2015 9:35:19 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
lmao

Why must you be a total a$shole at all times?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:50:21 PM

I was in a white vest with an orange outline and short cream pants, running around the house yelling something. My hair was in a whole set of ponies- I have a pic somewhere. I'll send it to whoever wants to see that I trust rofl. My dad had combed it and done his as well. My grandma was in the kitchen cooking and yelling at us. It was on the weekend so he didn't have to go to work.

What about you?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:50:46 PM
At 1/11/2015 9:47:24 PM, YYW wrote:

What's the earliest memory you can recall, though? Like, how old were you? What happened?

As I said, when you go back that far, it's hard to distinguish between definite memories and false/constructed memories.

The earliest memory I am sure of is probably me discovering this red ant colony at my school. I was probably 4.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:52:13 PM
At 1/11/2015 9:50:46 PM, bsh1 wrote:

As I said, when you go back that far, it's hard to distinguish between definite memories and false/constructed memories.

The earliest memory I am sure of is probably me discovering this red ant colony at my school. I was probably 4.

How did you discover it?
Tsar of DDO
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:52:14 PM
At 1/11/2015 9:49:56 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/11/2015 9:35:19 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
lmao

Why must you be a total a$shole at all times?

Don't delude yourself, child. YYW has made this thread as a thread I would supposedly like to post in (perhaps with a little something else thrown in). Your hero craves my attention; I gave it to him.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:53:39 PM
At 1/11/2015 9:52:13 PM, YYW wrote:

How did you discover it?

It was on the play ground. I just stumbled across it. I got stung on my feet and hands. I cam back the next few weeks and attempted to destroy it, and kept getting stung. It was a unwinnable battle. Then, winter came along, and that ended that.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:54:57 PM
At 1/11/2015 9:53:39 PM, bsh1 wrote:

How did you discover it?

It was on the play ground. I just stumbled across it. I got stung on my feet and hands. I cam back the next few weeks and attempted to destroy it, and kept getting stung. It was a unwinnable battle. Then, winter came along, and that ended that.

*hugs*

That sounds horrible! I've only been stung by a bunch of red ants one time in Florida... and that was enough.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:56:29 PM
At 1/11/2015 9:54:57 PM, YYW wrote:

How did you discover it?

*hugs*

*hugs back*

That sounds horrible! I've only been stung by a bunch of red ants one time in Florida... and that was enough.

I mean, it was my own fault most of the time. That first time I just stumbled upon them...but all the subsequent times, I sought them out and harassed them. I was asking for it. It's not the ants' fault that they defended their home.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:58:17 PM
At 1/11/2015 9:56:29 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 1/11/2015 9:54:57 PM, YYW wrote:

How did you discover it?

*hugs*

*hugs back*

I mean, it was my own fault most of the time. That first time I just stumbled upon them...but all the subsequent times, I sought them out and harassed them. I was asking for it. It's not the ants' fault that they defended their home.

That sounds pretty awful... but it's also kind of amusing ;) ...the thought of you going ant hunting.

We'll have a good exterminator at our house ;)
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 10:00:35 PM
At 1/11/2015 9:58:17 PM, YYW wrote:

That sounds pretty awful... but it's also kind of amusing ;) ...the thought of you going ant hunting.

Lol...I guess, in retrospect, it is.

Wonderful, lol :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 10:00:49 PM

What about you?

I remember when I was about four(when kids start preschool) and I was going to slide down a small, indoor slide. I looked over the edge and I fell over and landed on my head. After that, the teachers put the slide away for the rest of the day.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 10:02:18 PM
At 1/11/2015 10:00:35 PM, bsh1 wrote:

What's another... like one that vividly stands out? Even if you were 12 that's ok haha
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 10:04:49 PM
At 1/11/2015 10:02:18 PM, YYW wrote:

What's another... like one that vividly stands out? Even if you were 12 that's ok haha

Something vivid?

Falling down on my driveway while playing, splitting my knee open such that I could clearly see the cartilage and bone for several inches along my knee cap, and screaming in pain. My parents didn't hear me...it took them a full 30 minutes to realize something was wrong...the driveway was red.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 10:05:27 PM
In Kindergarden my friend and i used to run to the back of the blackboards and play during naptime and run back before the teachers got back from lunch... one day we got caught
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 10:05:59 PM
At 1/11/2015 10:04:49 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Something vivid?

Falling down on my driveway while playing, splitting my knee open such that I could clearly see the cartilage and bone for several inches along my knee cap, and screaming in pain. My parents didn't hear me...it took them a full 30 minutes to realize something was wrong...the driveway was red.

Dear god....

You were six when that happened, right?
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 10:06:32 PM
At 1/11/2015 10:05:59 PM, YYW wrote:

Something vivid?

Dear god....

Five or six...I am not sure exactly. I'd have to ask my parents.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 10:07:18 PM
At 1/11/2015 10:06:32 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Something vivid?

Dear god....

*winces*

I did something like that playing with an exacto knife at age 8 or so....
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 10:08:06 PM
At 1/11/2015 10:06:58 PM, PapaNolan wrote:
I remember being taken home from the hospital. That is pretty pitiful.

lol

Seriously though...
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 10:08:35 PM
At 1/11/2015 10:05:27 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
In Kindergarden my friend and i used to run to the back of the blackboards and play during naptime and run back before the teachers got back from lunch... one day we got caught

haha very naughty
Tsar of DDO
PapaNolan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 10:08:57 PM
At 1/11/2015 10:08:06 PM, YYW wrote:

lol

Seriously though...

I am serious...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 10:09:28 PM
At 1/11/2015 10:08:35 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/11/2015 10:05:27 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

haha very naughty

In my defense, I have to be spent to sleep during daylight
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 10:09:49 PM
At 1/11/2015 10:08:57 PM, PapaNolan wrote:

lol

Seriously though...

I am serious...

Like... after you broke an arm or something?
Tsar of DDO
PapaNolan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 10:10:28 PM
At 1/11/2015 10:09:49 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/11/2015 10:08:57 PM, PapaNolan wrote:

lol

Seriously though...

I am serious...

Like... after you broke an arm or something?

No. The literal first day I spent out of the hospital.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 10:12:46 PM
At 1/11/2015 10:07:18 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/11/2015 10:06:32 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Something vivid?

Dear god....

*winces*

I did something like that playing with an exacto knife at age 8 or so....

Ouch! *hugs*
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics