Jump to topic:

Over Protective Parents

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 5:19:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Okay, so my parents do not let my sister talk to boys or even look at boys. If a boy talks, looks, or even waves to her then she must tell our parents within the next 3 hours. I've been told to "spy" on her throughout the school day to make sure that she's not talking to boys. Even when people ask her, "Hey are you LT. Lannan's sister?" I have to go up to them and raddle the sabber at them. Just this last week someone ask, "Hey are you LT Lannan's brother?" She nods and then says, "You mean sister?" Because of her saying that my father is quitting his job to get her in an all girls school in Kansas City and because of that we have to loose our house, our car, and escentially our way of living, just because she can't correct a genderfication of what another person has said.

What are you thoughts? Have you or your parents ever been this strict?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Lexus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 5:25:03 PM
My parents were never like this, this is ridiculous. I can't imagine living like this.

Sorry that you have to have parents like that
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 5:45:34 PM
A bit excessive in my opinion, but as a father that is his right if he believes that he is acting in the best interest of his children.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Fingohluuptee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 5:48:01 PM
Even if your dad is has good reason to be heterophobic, I'm not sure this is the right way to raise a lesbian.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 6:57:14 PM
At 1/13/2015 5:19:35 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Okay, so my parents do not let my sister talk to boys or even look at boys. If a boy talks, looks, or even waves to her then she must tell our parents within the next 3 hours. I've been told to "spy" on her throughout the school day to make sure that she's not talking to boys. Even when people ask her, "Hey are you LT. Lannan's sister?" I have to go up to them and raddle the sabber at them. Just this last week someone ask, "Hey are you LT Lannan's brother?" She nods and then says, "You mean sister?" Because of her saying that my father is quitting his job to get her in an all girls school in Kansas City and because of that we have to loose our house, our car, and escentially our way of living, just because she can't correct a genderfication of what another person has said.

That's sort of over and above the level of "over protective," to the point of being idiotically rash.

Your father sounds like he needs a reality check.
Tsar of DDO
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 7:29:39 PM
At 1/13/2015 5:48:01 PM, Fingohluuptee wrote:
Even if your dad is has good reason to be heterophobic, I'm not sure this is the right way to raise a lesbian.

He hates homosexuals. Remember that I live in Topeka, the home of the Westerboro Baptist Church, and he is practically them without actually being apart of their church. That's why when he found out that I was pansexual he exploded, but I convinced him that I'm gender blind, so he doesn't blame me for being "blind." His excuse is that he doesn't want her on 16 and Pregnant. When he was in High School he was the Starting Varsity QB and he fvcked girls left and right. He's scared that there's someone else like him out there that will go after his daughter.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

KingKobra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 7:48:20 PM
I see where he comes from when I have my daughter ima be protective from guys like me haha. But I think he is a little too much, try talking to him? Like she needs to understand what guys are bout, if she dnt learn now then when she is older an a guy breaks her heart it may literally kill her to say.
Look Under the bed, where the beast lurks at night.
gingerbread-man
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 8:29:18 PM

This is sounding a little like the plot to Footloose. It is a little OTT, there are boys in Kansas City as well I presume - its hard to get away from them. Feel for you
Not my gumdrop buttons!

Debates currently in voting period:

http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 8:32:09 PM
At 1/13/2015 8:29:18 PM, gingerbread-man wrote:

This is sounding a little like the plot to Footloose. It is a little OTT, there are boys in Kansas City as well I presume - its hard to get away from them. Feel for you

Never seen that musical. I really hate them except for Dr. Horrible's SIng-along-Blog and the Producers. I know that they're there as well. He's a bit dillusional.

gingerbread-man
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 8:40:58 PM
At 1/13/2015 8:32:09 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Never seen that musical. I really hate them except for Dr. Horrible's SIng-along-Blog and the Producers. I know that they're there as well. He's a bit dillusional.

Thats really sad....how can you not love musicals?
Not my gumdrop buttons!

Debates currently in voting period:

http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 8:44:25 PM
At 1/13/2015 8:40:58 PM, gingerbread-man wrote:
At 1/13/2015 8:32:09 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Thats really sad....how can you not love musicals?

IDK, I'm not really interested in them and I kinda find them annoying.