Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 9:20:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 9:17:24 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Here you go. Now please leave me alone.

Lets see you come to a debate site and say leave me alone
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 9:20:57 PM
At 1/22/2015 9:20:01 PM, sadolite wrote:

I didn't ask to debate about the LGBT community on a thread about my personal life.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 9:45:15 PM
At 1/22/2015 9:20:57 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I didn't ask to debate about the LGBT community on a thread about my personal life.

Well if it's any consolation, i didn't treat you any differently than I would treat anyone else who chooses to air their laundry in a public forum.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 9:46:13 PM
At 1/22/2015 9:45:15 PM, sadolite wrote:

Well if it's any consolation, i didn't treat you any differently than I would treat anyone else who chooses to air their laundry in a public forum.

I don't care. If you don't want to see my personal stuff, get the hell out of the personal forum.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 9:46:43 PM
I mean really: it's the fvcking personal forum!

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Hanspete
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 9:54:40 PM
Sadolite, leave the poor guy alone, my god
Please nominate Lee001 for the title prettiest girl on DDO: http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

Official Revolutionary Emperor

Bane of the DDO Elite, except OberHerr
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 10:21:30 PM

When I made my thread about being Bisexual, I don't recall you saying a thing.
Naughty Sado, praying on easier members.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 10:37:25 PM
At 1/22/2015 9:46:13 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I don't care. If you don't want to see my personal stuff, get the hell out of the personal forum.

Lol, he even spent his 6000th post on saying that to you...
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas...
Is...
Youuuuuu
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 3:52:30 PM
At 1/22/2015 9:46:13 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Why are you on my thread?

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 3:56:04 PM
At 1/22/2015 10:21:30 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

When I made my thread about being Bisexual, I don't recall you saying a thing.
Naughty Sado, praying on easier members.

I don't read every thread, didn't see it. But if you want to know, Who cares if you are bisexual any more than anyone cares if I am heterosexual. What do you want a medal and special treatment. The whole world can rest now that you have proclaimed your bisexuality.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 4:02:59 PM
At 1/22/2015 9:54:40 PM, Hanspete wrote:
Sadolite, leave the poor guy alone, my god

Um , he created this thread for me, I didn't create this this. He wants the attention. Why else would he go out of his way to create this thread on my behalf. All I said is who cares if you are gay and what relevance does it have to anything. Are we as a society supposed to look at people in awe and admiration like some kind of war hero because they choose to discuss they sexual preferences in a public forum? Oh he is so brave that took so much courage. No one cares. Except maybe to people who define their identity and self worth by whom they sleep with.

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 6:05:39 PM
At 1/23/2015 4:02:59 PM, sadolite wrote:
All I said is who cares if you are gay and what relevance does it have to anything. Are we as a society supposed to look at people in awe and admiration like some kind of war hero because they choose to discuss they sexual preferences in a public forum? Oh he is so brave that took so much courage. No one cares. Except maybe to people who define their identity and self worth by whom they sleep with.

If sexuality were truly irrelevant to one's life, people wouldn't become depressed or commit suicide for being gay -- but they do because of how people react. A high rate of homeless teens are gay (rejected from their families for coming out). Religious communities constantly degrade gay people and tell them they are sinners and/or going to hell. Families reject people for being gay. Friends turn their backs on others for being gay. People are discriminated against and fired from their jobs for being gay.

Gay people have an incentive to hide their identity or keep their relationships and attractions a secret. I would agree that who one sleeps with is irrelevant to their character, but people are still judged for it. I didn't come out to my extended family until after I was already engaged, and on Christmas Eve my aunt made the same stupid comments you are about how "nobody cares" so it's no big deal to come out. But the year before, my fiance and I actually didn't go to Christmas Eve dinner specifically because my grandparents were uncomfortable with our relationship -- so clearly people DO care.

It takes courage to be honest about something many people still ridicule you for unjustly, especially when you don't have to and it's easier to lie. Acceptance is also a huge deal. When someone comes to terms with having cancer for example people still commend them for that part of the coping process. A lot of gay people are self-loathing, so when one embraces their identity instead of ripping their self-esteem to shreds, it's a good thing.
President of DDO
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 8:13:38 PM
At 1/23/2015 6:05:39 PM, Danielle wrote:
All I said is who cares if you are gay and what relevance does it have to anything. Are we as a society supposed to look at people in awe and admiration like some kind of war hero because they choose to discuss they sexual preferences in a public forum? Oh he is so brave that took so much courage. No one cares. Except maybe to people who define their identity and self worth by whom they sleep with.

If sexuality were truly irrelevant to one's life, people wouldn't become depressed or commit suicide for being gay --

People commit suicide for all sorts of reasons even gay people commit suicide for different reasons that have nothing to do with being gay.

but they do because of how people react. A high rate of homeless teens are gay (rejected from their families for coming out).

Life is full of choices you must live with them and their consequences. Children are rejected for all sorts of behaviors not limited to being gay. Drug use among gay teens is also "7 times higher" than the population average. That couldn't possibly attribute to the high suicide rate. "Gay people are seven times more likely to take illegal drugs than the general population, a new study conducted over two years has found.
And one in five show signs of dependency on drugs or alcohol.
The report, conducted by the Lesbian and Gay Foundation (LGF) and the University of Central Lancashire, sampled more than 4,000 people over two years."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

Religious communities constantly degrade gay people and tell them they are sinners and/or going to hell. Families reject people for being gay. Friends turn their backs on others for being gay. People are discriminated against and fired from their jobs for being gay.

I am discriminated against and even targeted by the govt for persecution through IRS audits for having conservative views. I could lose my job or business for even publicly speaking my views in front of the wrong people. I could not change my views anymore than a gay person could change not being gay

Gay people have an incentive to hide their identity or keep their relationships and attractions a secret. I would agree that who one sleeps with is irrelevant to their character, but people are still judged for it. I didn't come out to my extended family until after I was already engaged, and on Christmas Eve my aunt made the same stupid comments you are about how "nobody cares" so it's no big deal to come out. But the year before, my fiance and I actually didn't go to Christmas Eve dinner specifically because my grandparents were uncomfortable with our relationship -- so clearly people DO care.

It takes courage to be honest about something many people still ridicule you for unjustly, especially when you don't have to and it's easier to lie. Acceptance is also a huge deal. When someone comes to terms with having cancer for example people still commend them for that part of the coping process. A lot of gay people are self-loathing, so when one embraces their identity instead of ripping their self-esteem to shreds, it's a good thing.

Life is full of choices and your choices will affect people. I have family members who despise me and won't even speak to me for having an opinion and a mind, let alone have me over for thanksgiving dinner. I have a choice, I can be untrue to myself to please them or I can be true to myself and not give a FUK about them. Who cares.

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 9:21:35 PM
At 1/23/2015 8:13:38 PM, sadolite wrote:

Yes, people commit suicide for a lot of reasons but attempts are disproportionately higher among LGBT teens and young adults. That is a fact. It makes perfect sense - they tend to be ostracized and suffer from a ton of self-loathing, guilt and fear. You are secure in your beliefs, but not everyone is comfortable in their skin (especially young people). It is expected that people have different beliefs and value systems, but being gay is considered grotesque and a sexual dysfunction comparable to pedophilia and incest. It's obvious why gay people do drugs, drink alcohol and suffer from depression at higher rates than their peers. Poor people tend to do drugs and suffer from depression at higher rates also because of the circumstances. But unlike sexuality, that circumstance (being poor) does not require acceptance and it can be changed. You can choose to keep quiet about your beliefs at the dinner table, but gay people who remain in the closet lie and keep major aspects of their life a secret. I've had relationships that lasted several years that my own parents didn't even know about. It's a huge burden to keep a big part of your life under wraps.
President of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 9:28:05 PM

If sexuality were truly irrelevant to one's life, people wouldn't become depressed or commit suicide for being gay -- but they do because of how people react. A high rate of homeless teens are gay (rejected from their families for coming out). Religious communities constantly degrade gay people and tell them they are sinners and/or going to hell. Families reject people for being gay. Friends turn their backs on others for being gay. People are discriminated against and fired from their jobs for being gay.

+1000
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 6:12:40 AM
At 1/23/2015 9:21:35 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 1/23/2015 8:13:38 PM, sadolite wrote:

Yes, people commit suicide for a lot of reasons but attempts are disproportionately higher among LGBT teens and young adults. That is a fact. It makes perfect sense - they tend to be ostracized and suffer from a ton of self-loathing, guilt and fear.

You cannot sincerely think that homosexuals have these staggering increases in undesirable statistics purely because of ostracisation. You really think this has absolutely nothing to do with the differences in other things, such neuronal structures?

You are secure in your beliefs, but not everyone is comfortable in their skin (especially young people). It is expected that people have different beliefs and value systems, but being gay is considered grotesque and a sexual dysfunction comparable to pedophilia and incest. It's obvious why gay people do drugs, drink alcohol and suffer from depression at higher rates than their peers. Poor people tend to do drugs and suffer from depression at higher rates also because of the circumstances.

This is ridiculous. What about rich people who do drugs? Are they doing drugs because they are poor? It defies definition. You have no mental integrity tarnishing everyone with the same brush. You cannot say that all homosexuals do x because of y, considering all the variables involved (i.e. family, biology, culture, neighbourhood, school/college, access to information etc.), ESPECIALLY when you provide no evidence to support this claim. Even still, how on Earth would you prove such an absolute?

But unlike sexuality, that circumstance (being poor) does not require acceptance and it can be changed. You can choose to keep quiet about your beliefs at the dinner table, but gay people who remain in the closet lie and keep major aspects of their life a secret. I've had relationships that lasted several years that my own parents didn't even know about. It's a huge burden to keep a big part of your life under wraps.

Are you scared to be held accountable for the choices you make (i.e. homosexuality)? I mean, not that you shouldn't be allowed to make dangerous decisions, but you will get no sympathy from anyone with an observant eye that realises you're too afraid to stand up for your choice. It seems like you understand the folly of your choice, hence the tendency to stray from being labelled with it.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 6:26:11 AM
I would like to differentiate here between what Danielle is saying and what I said in that other thread. I'm not spitting on homosexuals and their trials in saying I don't care about their homosexuality; I'm just not caring, and it's utterly selfish of the homosexual to be of the either with us or against us mentality as regards me. Do not, please, expect me to be sensitive to the movements of your dick. Hell, I'm hardly able to cope with my own dick. I'll do my part for other people, though.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 6:30:58 AM
Women think I'm a vampire looking to suck their blood, as evinced by Twilight. Homosexuals have it easy as far as I'm concerned, lol.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 6:36:47 AM
I have had some freaky sex, too, the symbolism of which gives me the shivers. It's f*cking strange how your subconscious will paint your true feelings by your actions before your conscious ever becomes aware of them, dudes. It's like having waking dreams, basically.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 6:37:39 AM
I keep trying to write out one such experience, but I can't, lol. 11,000th post guys, be ready.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 7:47:37 AM

who one sleeps with is irrelevant to their character

Well... The race and gender, perhaps ;)
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 7:53:04 AM
At 1/24/2015 6:19:31 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Zarroette, you are one dumb poster.

Do you think she is ready for the onslaught that Danielle is going to subject her to when she logs in? She's better have a tissue-box ready!
Beliefs in a nutshell:
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 8:13:59 AM
At 1/24/2015 7:53:04 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:

Do you think she is ready for the onslaught that Danielle is going to subject her to when she logs in? She's better have a tissue-box ready!

I dunno, but I hope she has some resilience in her. Danielle's always a good show, lol.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 9:02:34 AM
At 1/24/2015 8:13:59 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

I dunno, but I hope she has some resilience in her. Danielle's always a good show, lol.

I got $10 that says she starts apologizing and trying to suck up to Danielle afterwards.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 9:06:12 AM
At 1/24/2015 9:02:34 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 1/24/2015 8:13:59 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

I got $10 that says she starts apologizing and trying to suck up to Danielle afterwards.

lol. This is getting obscene, dude.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 11:36:42 AM

Congrats on coming out. I would have said so in the other thread but it's too congested with hate and bigotry.

I know we didn't get off to the best start, but putting all that aside, I'm happy you found the courage within to come out. It's a big step and that courage will serve you well in life!
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 4:04:33 PM

Thanks for the point-by-point rebuttal which supported such an eloquent conclusion.