Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 6:09:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/23/2015 6:07:51 AM, Defro wrote:
I'm going to get one when I'm 18.
What should I get and where should I get it?

Meant to say I'm getting one when I'm 19. Mah bad.
gingerbread-man
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 6:09:37 AM

something with invisible ink...but if you must....

a dolphin on your ankle
Not my gumdrop buttons!

Debates currently in voting period:

http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 6:41:30 PM

Why?

Depends on what profession you're in or want to pursue with the where question.

If you don't know about the what, shop around for tattoo artists. Check out their work. When you find somebody whose style you like tell them where you want the tattoo and as much about yourself as possible. Open up to them like they want to hear your life story and like they're a psychologist then tell them your body is their canvas and to give you something that fits you.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 7:49:23 PM
I would suggest you don't get one. How will you benefit from getting one?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 8:00:26 PM
At 1/25/2015 7:49:23 PM, sadolite wrote:

One's decisions doesn't neccessarily depend on benefits. I just think they are cool.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 8:01:50 PM
At 1/23/2015 6:09:37 AM, gingerbread-man wrote:

a dolphin on your ankle

That's such a girly place to get a tattoo :P
A dolphin would be cool though
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 8:05:26 PM
At 1/25/2015 8:00:26 PM, Defro wrote:

One's decisions doesn't neccessarily depend on benefits. I just think they are cool.

I just think they are cool. What you think is cool today will be stupid ten years from now. Trust me on this. There isn't a person alive who looks back on their youth and doesn't say what the hell was I thinking. Hair styles clothes and cars are not permanent. But that tattoo that doesn't represent what you think is cool anymore is,
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 8:20:41 PM
At 1/25/2015 8:05:26 PM, sadolite wrote:

I just think they are cool. What you think is cool today will be stupid ten years from now. Trust me on this. There isn't a person alive who looks back on their youth and doesn't say what the hell was I thinking. Hair styles clothes and cars are not permanent. But that tattoo that doesn't represent what you think is cool anymore is,

Might I suggest you get one of those henna art tattoos that last 2 to 4 weeks before you decide on the real thing

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 8:29:00 PM

None. Think about this for a while.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 8:31:43 PM
At 1/25/2015 8:29:00 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

None. Think about this for a while.

I'm with you, none

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 8:32:31 PM
If you need to ask for suggestions for what to get, you probably shouldn't get one.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 9:05:23 PM

If I ever got one, it would be this Persian calligraphy from one of my favorite fairy tales:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com...

The script is pronounced 'in niz bogzarad'. In the story, a Persian king prone to fits of violent emotion asks his magi to scatter throughout the world and find an object which has the power to make him sad when he is happy, and happy when he is sad. They return with many wonders from faraway lands, but each discovery fails to solve the king's dilemma. The final magi approaches, and reveals that he never left the palace in the first place, and presents the king with a simply metal ring on which that phrase is etched. It translates as 'this too shall pass', and he alone succeeded in the task charged to him, bringing the king serenity and wisdom with this ever-present, sobering reminder of transience.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 9:09:39 PM
At 1/25/2015 9:05:23 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

If I ever got one, it would be this Persian calligraphy from one of my favorite fairy tales:

The script is pronounced 'in niz bogzarad'. In the story, a Persian king prone to fits of violent emotion asks his magi to scatter throughout the world and find an object which has the power to make him sad when he is happy, and happy when he is sad. They return with many wonders from faraway lands, but each discovery fails to solve the king's dilemma. The final magi approaches, and reveals that he never left the palace in the first place, and presents the king with a simply metal ring on which that phrase is etched. It translates as 'this too shall pass', and he alone succeeded in the task charged to him, bringing the king serenity and wisdom with this ever-present, sobering reminder of transience.

That is an interesting one, Skep.

I carved my name into my arm when I was 14, lol. Reminds me of that spooky fairy tale story they tell in the anime Monster.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 12:30:17 PM

True. But there are also people who don't regret tattoos they've gotten 10 years ago. And I'm not going to get a stupid tattoo. I'm would contemplate it for a while.

My friend once got the words "Your Name" tatted on his butt. He did it so that he could tell girls that he has their names tatted on his *ss.
I'm not going to do something as stupid as this.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 12:31:41 PM
At 1/25/2015 8:20:41 PM, sadolite wrote:

Might I suggest you get one of those henna art tattoos that last 2 to 4 weeks before you decide on the real thing

That's a great idea. I was planning to draw it myself with a sharpie, see how it looks for a month, and then decide if I'm going to get it.

But henna would work better.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 12:34:23 PM
At 1/25/2015 8:32:31 PM, Maikuru wrote:
If you need to ask for suggestions for what to get, you probably shouldn't get one.

Actually, I've already come up with something to have tattooed. It's an image that I connect to personally and symbolizes an important aspect of my life.

The problem is "where" I should have it tattooed.

Also, I thought that since this tattoo is going to be small, I might as well get another one, so that I get my money's worth.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 12:36:56 PM
At 1/25/2015 9:05:23 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Calligraphy is cool. I thought about getting my Chinese family name tattooed on the left side of my neck.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 1:52:56 PM
IF I had to get one, I'd get it on my upper thigh, where almost no one would see, and it'd go around my leg like a bracelet kind of thing.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 2:15:51 PM
At 1/26/2015 12:34:23 PM, Defro wrote:
At 1/25/2015 8:32:31 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Actually, I've already come up with something to have tattooed. It's an image that I connect to personally and symbolizes an important aspect of my life.

The problem is "where" I should have it tattooed.

Also, I thought that since this tattoo is going to be small, I might as well get another one, so that I get my money's worth.

I agree fully with Maikuru's comment. Since you've already responded to that though, I highly suggest getting a badass tiger vs. dragon tattoo that expands from your chest, wraps around your ribs, and ends on your back with them both clawing and ripping flesh off the other. Make it one of those cool 3-D tatoos that look super realistic like this: http://imageserver.moviepilot.com...
http://www.bizarbin.com...
http://static.boredpanda.com...

Or, since you're Asian, you can go with a full back tattoo like Chinese gangsters have:
http://klyker.com...
http://creativefan.com...
http://www.tattoo.com...
http://www.tattoostime.com...

Ultimately, it should be something that is meaningful to you, otherwise it's going to lose it's initial appreciation after several years.

As for the small tattoo you are getting, I can only suggest places not to put it:
Buttcheek
Center of Lower back (tramp-stamp)
Face
Neck
Around the Nipple
Penis
Foot
Ankle
actually, anywhere on the legs
That's it, all other places are cool.

If you're going to be a professional someday you don't want it anywhere that would be visible in a business setting like the lower arm.

I think somewhere on your upper arm, shoulder, ribs, chest, upper back, etc., are safe bets.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 2:33:12 PM

As my old Academic lab teacher said to another pupil who wanted to get a tattoo, you should get a temporary one and leave it on you for a couple weeks. That way, if you change your mind after getting the tattoo, you can erase it with ease.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 5:32:54 PM

a dolphin on your ankle

That's so gay. You suggested that on purpose didn't you?
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 5:35:12 PM

I don't think you should ask people to tell you about something as... "permanent" as a tatoo. You should tatoo exactly what you want exactly where you want it. If not, you will eventualy get bored of it and you will need to remove it. But anyway, personaly I like big tatoos, like in the whole arm, and they must be a little colorful, not just black.

Hope it helps :D
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 6:30:14 PM
AWESOME ADVICE: Don't get a tattoo of a girl/guy you are with ever. If you break up with her you will be stuck with the tattoo. Get a complex tattoo. Get a tat with that is very vivid that draws out a lot of colors. I won't tell you what to get because I don't know what you like. But I would recommend you check out several tattoo artists to check out the different styles.

RESPONSIBLE ADVICE: If you get a tat, get it on your chest, back, or arms where no one can see it. If you put it somewhere on your hands, face, or somewhere visible it can hurt your employability. Also ask yourself, would I want to have this tattoo when I am forty or fifty with kids or grand kids. It won't look as good. Also try a temporary tat first to see if you like what you see.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
gingerbread-man
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 2:59:27 AM
At 1/26/2015 5:32:54 PM, Otokage wrote:

a dolphin on your ankle

No, I suggested it on porpoise.
Not my gumdrop buttons!

Debates currently in voting period:

http://www.debate.org...
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 4:36:56 AM
At 1/27/2015 2:59:27 AM, gingerbread-man wrote:
At 1/26/2015 5:32:54 PM, Otokage wrote:

a dolphin on your ankle

No, I suggested it on porpoise.

lol :D
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 4:56:40 AM

Tattoos typically have meaning. Getting one simply because it's 'cool', especially when you're asking the public what and where, is retarded.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 7:54:02 AM
At 1/26/2015 12:36:56 PM, Defro wrote:

Calligraphy is cool. I thought about getting my Chinese family name tattooed on the left side of my neck.

dude.

not your neck.

i think the safe rule is to get a tattoo somewhere it can be easily concealed whenever need be without too much hassle. Employ-ability factor is something you should keep in mind while getting one, many employers discriminate against you if you have visible tattoos.

Don't agree with the judgemental tone of the image, but this is kinda true representation of public perception, something that doesn't matter now but would once you'd like to get a job and stuff : http://tattoospedia.com...