Jump to topic:

Getting Old Gets Old Fast

Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 12:14:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
For about three weeks, my left leg has been aching a bit. My wife insisted I see a doctor, but we have no insurance, so I said no way. She went into panic mode, so I went to Instacare. The doctor looks at my now swollen leg, and says it looks serious. He sends me to get an ultrasound. The ultrasound guy jumps on the phone and tells the doctor I have a huge blood clot, and it requires immediate attention. I don't have a regular doctor, so they find me one who's accepting new patients. He sees me the next day, and tells me I'm begging for a pulmonary embolism, puts me on an extremely expensive blood thinner, and tells me I have to get at least one blood test, and come back and see him after a while. And then again, and then again.

There isn't enough money for all that, but the hospital puts me in their system for financial assistance, and suddenly I can scratch out the payments. All of it being a bigger pain than the one in my leg.

Twenty years ago, blood clots were something that happened to old people, and I hadn't even heard of a pulmonary embolism. Now I'm the old fart, and I get to have fun health problems.

Thirty years ago, I sparred with mixed martial arts fighters to prepare them for competition. Now I struggle to do floor exercises because of a chronic cough that doesn't want to leave my chest after a hard bout with the flu. The cough has nothing to do with the blood clot, according to the doctor who turned me upside down and inside out.

This getting old stuff is truly getting old.
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2015 12:58:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/29/2015 12:14:47 PM, Kyle_the_Heretic wrote:
For about three weeks, my left leg has been aching a bit. My wife insisted I see a doctor, but we have no insurance, so I said no way. She went into panic mode, so I went to Instacare. The doctor looks at my now swollen leg, and says it looks serious. He sends me to get an ultrasound. The ultrasound guy jumps on the phone and tells the doctor I have a huge blood clot, and it requires immediate attention. I don't have a regular doctor, so they find me one who's accepting new patients. He sees me the next day, and tells me I'm begging for a pulmonary embolism, puts me on an extremely expensive blood thinner, and tells me I have to get at least one blood test, and come back and see him after a while. And then again, and then again.

There isn't enough money for all that, but the hospital puts me in their system for financial assistance, and suddenly I can scratch out the payments. All of it being a bigger pain than the one in my leg.

lol

Twenty years ago, blood clots were something that happened to old people, and I hadn't even heard of a pulmonary embolism. Now I'm the old fart, and I get to have fun health problems.

Thirty years ago, I sparred with mixed martial arts fighters to prepare them for competition. Now I struggle to do floor exercises because of a chronic cough that doesn't want to leave my chest after a hard bout with the flu. The cough has nothing to do with the blood clot, according to the doctor who turned me upside down and inside out.

This getting old stuff is truly getting old.

A lot can be said about the NHS in the UK, Problems like your one would be taken care of on the National Health Service, I hope you pull up the money for your health care somehow.