Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 10:45:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Something interesting.

As for me...

My real name isn't "Ben Shapiro". Ben Shapiro is a lawyer that had a debate with Piers Morgan on gun control. I was so impressed with this lawyer, Ben Shapiro, that I made a username after him. My real name is Jake.

I have a BS in Economics and I'm 24 years old.

I suffer from social anxiety.

I've always been described by people as "mysterious" "quiet" and "perceptive".

When I get drunk I become an opposite persona (outgoing, loud, abrasive.)

At 18 years old I was able to perform above 'optimum' Navy Seal fitness standards in all categories.
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 11:54:39 AM
Your name is maikuru.

You're an excellent debater.

You're physically fit and have dance moves comparable to the average black man.
carriead20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 12:20:51 PM
My name is Andrew.

At 18 years old I was able to perform above 'optimum' Marine fitness standards in all categories. (Not Seal though)
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 1:09:36 PM
I am the definition of a jack of many trades, master of none.

I did fencing for 5 years, and reached national top 50 before stopping due to injury. Badminton constantly and working on a national top 1,000 ranking in men's singles, but it's ridiculously hard. Achieved ~2,000 ELO in Chess when Inused to compete for my university team, now play at around 1850 level.

Used to play Total Annihilation a lot, was top 5 in 2005, but never really was in contention for #1. Played runescape and was one of the first video-hunters (before youtube existed) and top 10 pkers (player killers) before quitting that year. Again, was never really in contention to be the best.

I like doing mental challenges and playing RPG's. I wrote a FAQ for defeating chrono trigger (a 1995 RPG) at ridiculously low levels, and contributed heavily to low-level runs of final fantasy ix, and x. I wouldn't regard myself as a sage in those either.
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 1:54:02 PM
At 1/30/2015 1:09:36 PM, Envisage wrote:

I did fencing for 5 years, and reached national top 50 before stopping due to injury. Badminton constantly and working on a national top 1,000 ranking in men's singles, but it's ridiculously hard. Achieved ~2,000 ELO in Chess when Inused to compete for my university team, now play at around 1850 level.

Used to play Total Annihilation a lot, was top 5 in 2005, but never really was in contention for #1. Played runescape and was one of the first video-hunters (before youtube existed) and top 10 pkers (player killers) before quitting that year. Again, was never really in contention to be the best.

I like doing mental challenges and playing RPG's. I wrote a FAQ for defeating chrono trigger (a 1995 RPG) at ridiculously low levels, and contributed heavily to low-level runs of final fantasy ix, and x. I wouldn't regard myself as a sage in those either.

Still some notable achievements though. I used to play runescape as well (for too long) and all I did was PK.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 4:05:46 PM
i was emancipated by the state of Florida at 16 and won full custody of my siblings against my parents.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 4:36:44 PM
At 1/30/2015 10:45:08 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Something interesting.

As for me...

My real name isn't "Ben Shapiro". Ben Shapiro is a lawyer that had a debate with Piers Morgan on gun control. I was so impressed with this lawyer, Ben Shapiro, that I made a username after him. My real name is Jake.

I thought that name sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it.

You and me both.

I become outgoing, loud, and affectionate.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 4:37:31 PM
At 1/30/2015 11:34:57 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Do you know anything about me?

You're a cool dude, and you have a pretty girlfriend.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 4:39:10 PM
I am the GOD OF FROGS!
But seriously. I doubt you know who I am.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 4:44:10 PM
Here's some things I'll bet you didn't know about me.

When I was a kid, I had a cat named Puff and a dog named Kimo.

I just now ate a slice of pizza.

I haven't had a Dr. Pepper since December 3, 2014.

I have a half brother named Johnnie who is a ham radio operator and a photographer.

I am attracted to my next door neighbor's wife.

I have a daughter who once tried to disprove the law of non-contradiction by painting a square circle.

I am thinking about the number nine.

I have kept a written journal since I was 16 years old.

The last book I finished reading was Paper Towns by John Green.

I have a cat with a food allergy.

I used to be a day trader.

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 11:58:30 PM
At 1/30/2015 1:09:36 PM, Envisage wrote:

How are you so good at things...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 12:33:59 AM
Something interesting.

As for me...

At 18 years old I was able to perform above 'optimum' Navy Seal fitness standards in all categories.

I exist.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 1:40:56 AM
I despise the weakness, powerlessness,futility and forced bullsh*t existence that is living as a human being in this world. Born without consent to conditions we would not agree to in the first place if we had a choice, I find this to be a sick, cruel joke played on us all, and if there was a button that one could push to wipe out human existence out of mercy and the horror I can't say that I would not press that button.

I also like blue berries, basketball and thunderstorms.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 12:46:20 AM
You probably don't know jack sh!t about me, lol. Having said that, I'll just do this as more of a general sort of thing that acquaintances may not know about me. I tend to come off as really shy, but the truth is I'm feisty as fvck and I just don't want to scare anyone off. When I'm actually writing stuff I sometimes have to erase a whole word because my handwriting was wonky and I can't deal with it so I always use pencils. I really enjoy knitting. I simultaneously want to do something amazing with my life and want to just have a nice, quiet life with a house and a dog and a 9-5 job. I don't yet have a good feel for what kind of drunk I am, as I'm under 21 and look much younger than even that, so that sucks.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 1:08:03 AM
This is probably strange, but very few things can make me as happy as strong, stormy wind. I love that feeling right before a thunderstorm hits. The hot, humid Pennsylvania air begins to brush past in whispers, then roars. Russian olives and silver maples turn their leaves, and a world of green is suddenly awash with silver ripples. Black clouds, blue sky, and distant thunder, and the profound hush, the sense of expectation, which settles over the forests and fields. Then violet lighting in the distance, a vague silver curtain sweeping towards you, and exhale of sound, the hiss as thick, warm rain rushes over the world and transforms it in an instant. I always laugh in the rain; it makes the whole world feel wild, perfect, and free.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 3:28:19 AM
I'm extremely observant.

I'm a pretty good actress.

People tell me secrets randomly.

I am rarely what people think I am, personality wise. I'm not fake in my identity, I'm really a female, but people think I'm one way, but I'm not.

I am full of surprises. :D
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 11:23:50 AM
Something interesting.

As for me...

Before I answer the question I must ask what do you know about me so I can tell you what you don't know?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 12:44:45 PM
I'm Annie. :)
And I'm not Annie. D:
We'll I'm almost Annie. :D
But not quite Annie. :O
Quite possibly Annie... ^.^
But idk... >.>
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 1:04:50 PM
At 2/1/2015 12:44:45 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I'm Annie. :)
And I'm not Annie. D:
We'll I'm almost Annie. :D
But not quite Annie. :O
Quite possibly Annie... ^.^
But idk... >.>

Dissociative identity disorder I take it?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 6:36:59 PM
At 1/30/2015 11:54:39 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
Your name is maikuru.

You're an excellent debater.

You're physically fit and have dance moves comparable to the average black man.

Wow, you even got the dancing thing. Most people miss that one. Well, there were a few years there where I wanted to be an astronomer. Scandalous, I know.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 6:37:55 PM
At 1/30/2015 4:37:31 PM, philochristos wrote:

Aww, philo =). I am a fan of yours, as well. You should bring that interview series of yours back, if you can.

She's my pretty fiancee now, you know.
- lamerde

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 8:18:16 PM
At 2/4/2015 6:37:55 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Aww, philo =). I am a fan of yours, as well. You should bring that interview series of yours back, if you can.

I stand corrected. :-)

I have thought about bring it back. The problem before was how difficult it was to coordinate a time with people. I was thinking if I start it again, I could make a sign up list with time slots so when people sign up, they're signing up to be interviewed at specific times. That way there won't have to be so much back and forth trying to pick a time. It might go a lot smoother that way.

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 9:48:56 PM
At 2/4/2015 8:18:16 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 2/4/2015 6:37:55 PM, Maikuru wrote:

I stand corrected. :-)

I have thought about bring it back. The problem before was how difficult it was to coordinate a time with people. I was thinking if I start it again, I could make a sign up list with time slots so when people sign up, they're signing up to be interviewed at specific times. That way there won't have to be so much back and forth trying to pick a time. It might go a lot smoother that way.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I enjoyed your series and that Lord of the Rings map in the background.
- lamerde

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 9:07:25 PM
"Tell me something I don't know about you" I would have to kill after. Can't have classified info roaming the internet.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2015 10:45:49 PM
OK let's see.

- I like scotch. Johnny Walker red is what I usually sip on after a hard day's work.

- I joined DDO in 2007, which makes me probably the longest-active member of the site at this point.

- I've met one member of DDO in person. He pulled a knife on me and my two lady-friends as soon as we met, and it was not a good night after that.

- I have a four year-old daughter named Corrina, she's a cheeky little sprout. I have a dog and cat.

- I spend a lot of my time trying online dating, I've been single for a couple years now.

- I got tasered by the police in 2007, it's an experience I recommend everybody try at least once.

- I got my B.S. in Environmental Policy and science, I work as an electrician, I'm a professional musician, and I should be starting soon as a volunteer Court Appointed Special Advocate for abused children.

- I suffer from paruresis

- I meditated for the first time last night

- I have $78,000 in student loan debt, and as of yet I have not used my degree nor do I plan to. I'm still glad I got the opportunity to study in college though.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.