Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

What's that psychological disorder called?

Dishoungh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 12:32:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It's that psychological condition where you self-imposingly put your own status as inferior to others. Like, you claim yourself inferior to everyone else, despite other people or other sources saying otherwise. Like, you refuse to acknowledge that you're better than you claim yourself to be because there were many instances that implies your inferiority to people. For instance, I always claim myself as a mediocre student and I'm not good as everyone else despite the fact that I'm taking some of the hardest classes possible, I have a 3.3+ GPA, and one of my teachers and everytime I'm competing for something, I always think I'm going to lose because I went to the Science Fair for extra credit. I never think I'm going to win because I'm tired of thinking that I'm going to win something, but I don't because I haven't won anything in the past 2 years. Another example is when I'm too afraid to answer a question unless I'm 10000000% sure that it's right. Like I'm skeptical, I won't answer even when I'm mostly sure that the answer is right. It's kind of hard to explain. Like, if you go to school with me, I never cheer myself; I always say "I'm going to lose anyway" or something like that. So, anyway, I want to know the formal name of this disorder(s) or condition(s) because I have it, I want to get my parents to set up an appointment because we went to the hospital twice because of my chronic stress (at least I think it's chronic) and they told me that they recommended a therapist. I may know what it is, but I'm not sure.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2015 4:01:09 AM
At 2/7/2015 12:32:47 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
It's that psychological condition where you self-imposingly put your own status as inferior to others. Like, you claim yourself inferior to everyone else, despite other people or other sources saying otherwise. Like, you refuse to acknowledge that you're better than you claim yourself to be because there were many instances that implies your inferiority to people. For instance, I always claim myself as a mediocre student and I'm not good as everyone else despite the fact that I'm taking some of the hardest classes possible, I have a 3.3+ GPA, and one of my teachers and everytime I'm competing for something, I always think I'm going to lose because I went to the Science Fair for extra credit. I never think I'm going to win because I'm tired of thinking that I'm going to win something, but I don't because I haven't won anything in the past 2 years. Another example is when I'm too afraid to answer a question unless I'm 10000000% sure that it's right. Like I'm skeptical, I won't answer even when I'm mostly sure that the answer is right. It's kind of hard to explain. Like, if you go to school with me, I never cheer myself; I always say "I'm going to lose anyway" or something like that. So, anyway, I want to know the formal name of this disorder(s) or condition(s) because I have it, I want to get my parents to set up an appointment because we went to the hospital twice because of my chronic stress (at least I think it's chronic) and they told me that they recommended a therapist. I may know what it is, but I'm not sure.

Maybe you mean perfectionism.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

But you sound good to me, just from that paragraph anyway. Everyone gets stressed by life. :)
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 11:20:41 AM
Sounds like an inferiority complex. I have one myself. I'm not sure how common it is. On one level I can be completely honest and aware of my own strengths and short comings but on an emotional level, I'm always the weakest dumbest person in the room.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2015 11:21:56 AM
On a related note, I don't think you need a psychologist to deal with an inferiority complex. It might not hurt to see one but it can be used as a strength.