Jump to topic:

Favorite Fantasy Authors

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 1:14:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I like the standards (Tolkien, Jordan, Martin), but a few good authors whom I've read in the last year or two have been Jack Vance, China Mieville, Brandon Sanderson, and Patrick Rothfuss.

Does anyone else have anyone else they would recommend, or would they like to wax poetic about a certain favorite author?
"I thought about the Paschal Candle. Wounded in its wax, wounded in its wick, wounded in its light, having the Passion of Christ in it and having therefore the woundedness of the world in it, it was there at our cradle, going before us and guiding us in time, and now again, there it is at our coffin, going before us and guiding us into eternity."
- John Moriarty -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 9:58:33 PM
At 2/9/2015 1:14:05 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
I like the standards (Tolkien, Jordan, Martin), but a few good authors whom I've read in the last year or two have been Jack Vance, China Mieville, Brandon Sanderson, and Patrick Rothfuss.

Does anyone else have anyone else they would recommend, or would they like to wax poetic about a certain favorite author?

Keynes is a great fantasy writer.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2015 10:31:32 PM
At 2/9/2015 9:58:33 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 2/9/2015 1:14:05 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Keynes is a great fantasy writer.

A romance writer as well. That man had some very dirty journals.
"I thought about the Paschal Candle. Wounded in its wax, wounded in its wick, wounded in its light, having the Passion of Christ in it and having therefore the woundedness of the world in it, it was there at our cradle, going before us and guiding us in time, and now again, there it is at our coffin, going before us and guiding us into eternity."
- John Moriarty -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta