Jump to topic:

Your drink of choice?

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 12:32:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
What is your (alcoholic) drink of choice?

Mine is a pilsner beer, a porter, a single malt scotch on the rocks or a glass of dry red wine. What is yours?
Tsar of DDO
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 8:31:56 AM
Well I've never had an alcoholic beverage so I cannot actually say.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 8:49:32 AM
Dry gin martini, leave the vermouth in, dirty, 2 olives.

Failing that, a well made beer.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 9:21:22 AM
Aged rum, hemingway daiquiris, perfect manhattans, gin gimlets, aviations, caipirinhas, or the original cosmopolitan (not that pink crap that's half cranberry juice).

Gins:
Plymouth, hendrick's or broker's. Bluecoat for a tom collins.

Whiskeys:
Bastille, Jefferson's bourbon, and Crown Royal. Elijah Craig 12 year is good too; I mix it sometimes.

Rums:
Brugal Extra Dry for any classic rum drinks that call for silver rum, Rhum Barbancourt for mixing aged rum, and Zaya for sipping. Mount Gay is also nice, and I use Leblon when I need Cahaca.

Vodkas:
Golia, Ketel One, or Chopin.

Cosmo:
6 parts Ketel One Citroen
6 parts Cointreau
4 parts fresh lime juice, strained
1 part cranberry juice

Hemingway Daiquiri:
8 parts Brugal Extra Dry
3 parts fresh grapefruit juice
2 parts fresh lime juice
1 part Maraschino Liqueur (Not the red cherry stuff, that's gross. It's clear)

Aviation
6 parts gin
3 parts fresh lemon juice, strained
1 part Maraschino Liqueur
1 part Creme Yvette
garnish with a Maraschino Cherry
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 9:56:09 AM
Mine switches from time to time. I used to not like any mixed drink at all, just beer and wine. I'd go through phases where I'd like only beer and not wine, then I'd like only wine and not beer. But then my brother-in-law started making mixed drinks, and I started to like them. So here are my favorite drinks in the different categories:

1. Beer: Negro Modello and 1554

2. Wine: Something red or Porto

3. Mixed: Margarita or Million Dollar
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 12:36:14 PM
I didn't realize how many connoisseurs there were on DDO...

Liquor
After a hard-day's work, nothing hits the spot like a scotch neat. I use Johnny Walker and add just a touch of H20, perhaps 10:1, just to open up the flavor a bit. Or a single ice-cube does the trick. If I was given only one indulgence to live on the rest of my life, it would be Johnny.

Shots: Tequila, whiskey. Sure, I like finer spirits, but if I'm doing shots then I'm trying to put hair on my chest. Make it rails ;)

Mixers: Margaritas. There's a Mexican place in town, I go there and they puree all types of fruit into them. They got blue ones, red ones, green ones... I just sit there and tell them all the colors of the rainbow.

Beer: Gotta be local or homemade. Right now my favorite is Stone Cellar's Vanilla Porter (out of Appleton), it tastes like adult root beer. You can get Leinenkugel's Vanilla Porter and it has the same general taste but it's not even close to as smooth and good. I like sampling people's homemade brews, that domestic crap I feed to my dog. Beer is a poor-man's drink, economists can show that when the economy worsens, beer sales actually increase while everything else is taking a hit.

Wine: Dry and red. Merlot or Red Zinfandel usually, I don't like the light-bodied Pinot Noirs or blushes or whites. I also love hot sake.

https://www.youtube.com...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 11:41:31 PM
At 2/15/2015 12:32:05 AM, YYW wrote:

Mine is a pilsner beer, a porter, a single malt scotch on the rocks or a glass of dry red wine. What is yours?

On the rocks? The nerve of some people *sticks nose as high into the air as possible* single malt should always be neat.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2015 11:49:57 PM
Okay, but really.

Depends on the group and my goal. If I'm going for drunk and partying, it is strong malt drinks (like four loco or blast colt, colt is better than four loco, FYI), or AMFs. Shots can be anything. I don't like shooting whiskey unless it is dirt cheap, since I actually enjoy whiskey I prefer to enjoy it rather than shot it. I don't drink beer when going for drunk, since it is not strong enough. It only gives a buzz and makese have to pee a lot.

When I want just a light buzz to enjoy company, then it goes with what others are drinking. So for beer, I prefer darks, like lager or porters (still looking for the right stuff. So far, my favorite is Henry's Private reserve lager). If wine is called, I prefer warmer whites or red wines. I don't really care for the sweeter and brighter wines. But that is from living in Oregon where our Pinots are amazing and everything we try is pretty bad (try an Oregon white zinfandel, it is comically bad). If hard liquor is in order, Scotch neat or a Bourbon is in order. Not too big on Rye whiskey but they are not ideal for me. But if my group is drinking wine, I'm not gonna get a beer or scotch.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 4:16:45 PM

Jose Cuervos Gold Margarita on the rocks.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 6:15:26 PM
So far the only things I've tried that I really liked are angry orchard and jack daniels, but my choices are limited at the moment.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:20:57 PM
At 2/21/2015 6:15:26 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
So far the only things I've tried that I really liked are angry orchard and jack daniels, but my choices are limited at the moment.

Why are your choices limited?
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:22:58 PM
At 2/16/2015 11:49:57 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Okay, but really.

Depends on the group and my goal. If I'm going for drunk and partying, it is strong malt drinks (like four loco or blast colt, colt is better than four loco, FYI), or AMFs. Shots can be anything. I don't like shooting whiskey unless it is dirt cheap, since I actually enjoy whiskey I prefer to enjoy it rather than shot it. I don't drink beer when going for drunk, since it is not strong enough. It only gives a buzz and makese have to pee a lot.

When I want just a light buzz to enjoy company, then it goes with what others are drinking. So for beer, I prefer darks, like lager or porters (still looking for the right stuff. So far, my favorite is Henry's Private reserve lager). If wine is called, I prefer warmer whites or red wines. I don't really care for the sweeter and brighter wines. But that is from living in Oregon where our Pinots are amazing and everything we try is pretty bad (try an Oregon white zinfandel, it is comically bad). If hard liquor is in order, Scotch neat or a Bourbon is in order. Not too big on Rye whiskey but they are not ideal for me. But if my group is drinking wine, I'm not gonna get a beer or scotch.

Oregon has some outstanding wines, for sure; pinot's, especially. But you've got good taste in alcohol. Dark beer, especially porters... very good stuff.
Tsar of DDO
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:23:55 PM
At 2/21/2015 9:20:57 PM, YYW wrote:

I'm 20 and have a baby face lol. If someone else isn't interested in buying and sharing, I'm sol
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:26:46 PM
At 2/21/2015 9:23:55 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 2/21/2015 9:20:57 PM, YYW wrote:

I'm 20 and have a baby face lol. If someone else isn't interested in buying and sharing, I'm sol

Ah... makes sense.

Well, you might make some suggestions. Bourbon, like Knob Creek is a good starting point. Makers Mark is good too.

I would suggest scotch, but I really don't know a lot of people my age that like it. Scotch, though, was the first drink I ever had.

Another thing you might do is suggest a good tequila. 1800 Silver is excellent, and tequila is probably the best "get drunk" drink I know of.

As for beers, local craft brews or European beer is the way to go, unless you're getting sushi then go for a Sapporo or a Tsing Tao. Japan and China, curiously enough, have excellent beer.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:28:21 PM
At 2/21/2015 9:27:37 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
Most stout beers, and screwdrivers.

No. Screwdrivers are what the old women in my family drink.
Tsar of DDO
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:29:25 PM
At 2/21/2015 9:28:21 PM, YYW wrote:
At 2/21/2015 9:27:37 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
Most stout beers, and screwdrivers.

No. Screwdrivers are what the old women in my family drink.

Are they single?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:29:59 PM
Although... when I was in Florida with my great Aunt one summer... and the screw drivers were flowing... I didn't say no.

For anyone who doesn't know... a screwdriver is vodka and orange juice. It's not bad... but it's not exactly good either.

If you want a "good" fruity drink... try this:

1 part orange juice
1 part grapefruit juice
2 parts gin
2 parts tonic
Tsar of DDO
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:31:28 PM
At 2/21/2015 9:29:59 PM, YYW wrote:
Although... when I was in Florida with my great Aunt one summer... and the screw drivers were flowing... I didn't say no.

For anyone who doesn't know... a screwdriver is vodka and orange juice. It's not bad... but it's not exactly good either.

1 part orange juice
1 part grapefruit juice
2 parts gin
2 parts tonic

I also like brass monkeys! OJ and Steel Reserve!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:34:00 PM
At 2/21/2015 9:31:28 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

1 part orange juice
1 part grapefruit juice
2 parts gin
2 parts tonic

For anyone who doesn't know... a brass monkey is: a combination of gin, orange juice, vodka, bitters, and grapefruit juice.

I don't like vodka... like at all.
Tsar of DDO
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:34:58 PM
At 2/21/2015 9:34:00 PM, YYW wrote:

1 part orange juice
1 part grapefruit juice
2 parts gin
2 parts tonic

For anyone who doesn't know... a brass monkey is: a combination of gin, orange juice, vodka, bitters, and grapefruit juice.

I though it was just oj and beer, anyways I like it with steel reserve cause I'm classy lol
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:35:58 PM
At 2/21/2015 9:34:58 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 2/21/2015 9:34:00 PM, YYW wrote:

1 part orange juice
1 part grapefruit juice
2 parts gin
2 parts tonic

I though it was just oj and beer, anyways I like it with steel reserve cause I'm classy lol

When I was a freshmen in college... lots of people got drunk on that haha...
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:42:59 PM
At 2/21/2015 9:33:51 PM, RevNge wrote:
Apple juice

Apple juice was what they served us in kindergarten, and I hated kindergarten.... it's not that I dislike the taste of apple juice, but the memory of kindergarten.... not a fond one.
Tsar of DDO
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:47:40 PM
At 2/21/2015 9:42:59 PM, YYW wrote:
Apple juice

Apple juice was what they served us in kindergarten, and I hated kindergarten.... it's not that I dislike the taste of apple juice, but the memory of kindergarten.... not a fond one.

I don't like apple juice either, lol. It was just the most childish drink I could think of, but Crypto over here beat me to it. >.>
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:48:53 PM
At 2/21/2015 9:47:40 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 2/21/2015 9:42:59 PM, YYW wrote:
Apple juice

I don't like apple juice either, lol. It was just the most childish drink I could think of, but Crypto over here beat me to it. >.>

I dislike milk for the same reason....
Tsar of DDO
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:52:31 PM
Hmm... I'm not usually allowed to drink (and don't hold spirits very well). But during the rare times I am (meetings and festivals), I have three favorites.

Koshu - Sweet and will fvck you up if you're not careful. Seriously, do not drink it like tea just because it is sweet.

Apple Lambic - It always makes me think of Germany for some reason. Perfect for festivals.

Chamomile Tea - My all time favorite! Nothing is better for relaxing in a room full of people yelling.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 9:53:31 PM

My alcoholic drink of choice is a glass of liver cirrhosis.

"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."