when does life begin?

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 1:09:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/19/2015 3:59:16 AM, olivvia wrote:
when does life begin? scientifically.... legally... morally?

Scientifically at conception.

Legally at Birth

Morally depends on your morals.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 2:08:12 PM
Life begins at conception on all 3 counts. Exclusive to humanity, and even more exclusively to the United states, the right to be born is arbitrary depending on what state you live in.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 3:28:16 PM
At 2/19/2015 3:59:16 AM, olivvia wrote:
when does life begin? scientifically.... legally... morally?

Your question can not be answered without making some assumptions so I would have to know more about what you are asking about. For example, are you asking about "life" in the general sense (meaning all living things) or are you asking about the life of a specific organism / individual? Life in the general sense likely began many millions of years ago. Maybe even billions of years ago. We can only make guesses and calculations based about the origins of life in general - based on the fossils and data we have.

The life of an individual organism (a human being for example) has a much more clear and easier to determine 'scientific' beginning and that moment is conception.

Legally, life (lives) begin at conception as well. Conception is recognized as the beginning of life in several laws and scientific disciplines that include laws and regulations on human cloning, patents on human organisms, fetal homicide laws and regulations about IVF (Intravenous fertilization).

I'll leave the moral arguments and the moral aspects for someone else. I don't generally concern myself with those because we all have the first amendment right to 'believe' or to not believe anything along those lines as we wish. .
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...