Jump to topic:

An interesting question

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 10:21:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was given a propisition by my grandfather. If I agreed to marry a girl I find annoying when I come of age, I could inherit control of my family and our assets. If I pass it up, I have no doubt one of my cousins will take the offer. In about four months, I plan to tell that old a$$ to go fvck himself and refuse to deal with that devil.

What would you do?
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 10:26:32 PM
At 2/21/2015 10:21:55 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I was given a propisition by my grandfather. If I agreed to marry a girl I find annoying when I come of age, I could inherit control of my family and our assets. If I pass it up, I have no doubt one of my cousins will take the offer. In about four months, I plan to tell that old a$$ to go fvck himself and refuse to deal with that devil.

What would you do?

The way you're approaching this sounds pretty good.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 10:32:12 PM

What would you do?

Why not divorce her as soon as he dies?
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 10:38:50 PM
At 2/21/2015 10:32:12 PM, RevNge wrote:

What would you do?

Because of my sense of honor, Rev. I won't live a lie for money.
TUF, and YYW
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 10:52:05 PM

What would you do?

...Are you a Nigerian Prince or something?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 10:59:39 PM
At 2/21/2015 10:52:05 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

What would you do?

...Are you a Nigerian Prince or something?

By no means. Centuries of being.. ruthless have offered parts of my family opportunities for wealth. Especially during the past two world wars.
But due to bickering amongst older members, me and my immediate family live a middle class life.
TUF, and YYW
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 11:00:41 PM
At 2/21/2015 10:38:50 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

What would you do?

That's quite noble of you, although I was joking, lol. Why does he want you to marry her?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 11:03:39 PM

What would you do?

Marry her, it'd be worth it for the money. People can change, and perhaps you may even end up liking her. Either that, or put a leash around her.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 11:06:14 PM

What would you do?

To clarify, is there a specific girl he wants you to marry, and you find her annoying? Or is his proposition that you can marry any girl, as long as she is annoying to you?
I'm assuming the former, but the latter would be hilariously confusing.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 11:08:08 PM
At 2/21/2015 11:00:41 PM, RevNge wrote:

What would you do?

That's quite noble of you, although I was joking, lol. Why does he want you to marry her?

Idfk
TUF, and YYW
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 11:11:28 PM
At 2/21/2015 11:03:39 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

What would you do?

Marry her, it'd be worth it for the money. People can change, and perhaps you may even end up liking her. Either that, or put a leash around her.

You... you want me to make the poor girl into my slave?
TUF, and YYW
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 11:12:37 PM
At 2/21/2015 11:11:28 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

What would you do?

It's an option. I'm not saying its' the go-to option, but it is an option. The best option would be either get her to change or let her grow on you.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 11:14:37 PM
At 2/21/2015 11:06:14 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

What would you do?

To clarify, is there a specific girl he wants you to marry, and you find her annoying? Or is his proposition that you can marry any girl, as long as she is annoying to you?
I'm assuming the former, but the latter would be hilariously confusing.

You assume correctly.
Had I heard the latter... all I can imagine is Jennet McCurdy. And that would make me stab myself on the spot.
TUF, and YYW
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 11:16:57 PM
At 2/21/2015 11:12:37 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

What would you do?

It's an option. I'm not saying its' the go-to option, but it is an option. The best option would be either get her to change or let her grow on you.

Hmm.. maybe I am being too shortsighted here.
TUF, and YYW
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2015 11:17:36 PM
At 2/21/2015 11:16:57 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 2/21/2015 11:12:37 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

What would you do?

Hmm.. maybe I am being too shortsighted here.

Maybe...

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

KingKobra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 9:35:06 AM
I remember my social studies teacher always telling us arranged marridge works better because you dont get a divorce you learn to live with eachother look at our (americas) divorce rate. is very high because they fight once and get a divorce and she gets all the money. i say you marry her and learn to love her dont pick out her flaws pick out the stuff you actualy like about her. you dont like how she talks how about how she thinks or looks or is with you? it may work out and may be the best thing in your life. do not let money get you to greed though... Ignorance is bliss. and money makes you do bad things.. people get a little greedy and they will do anything for more money include hurting people closest to them. just really think it all through. get a sheet of papper and write down two colloums with a line in the middle. Good and Bad. and write them down.
Look Under the bed, where the beast lurks at night.
06yangji
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 3:50:04 PM
How much money are we talking about. What strings are attached. What part of the world is this in, and how annoying do you find the woman.
debatingtheworld.com
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2015 5:19:07 PM
I don't really believe this is a true situation but it is a funny one. Just in case, people get married with the wrong person all the time without knowing it. In this case you would be getting money and know before hand.... sounds like a win win situation.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2015 6:32:36 PM

What would you do?

Find a girl worth marrying.
Nolite Timere
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2015 7:59:29 PM

What would you do?

Marrying for money is a lie
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 10:12:35 AM

What would you do?

This is a common strategy to make sure the money stays in the family and the family empire can continue to grow. I assume the girl is a distant relative or very wealthy. If you care about the family empire you'll marry the girl and do your best to expand your wealth and protect it so that future generations will be well off.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 1:21:05 PM

What would you do?

reminded me of this