Jump to topic:

Food.

KingKobra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 9:45:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Does anyone have any special dishes they like to make?
I resently came upon some octopus and I am thinking about making a homemade pasta dish with fried octopus garlic butter and minced onion. anyone care to share some dishes that you enjoy? (Not burgers, something you have to actualy prepare not throw on a bun)
Look Under the bed, where the beast lurks at night.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 11:07:45 AM
At 2/23/2015 9:45:23 AM, KingKobra wrote:
I resently came upon some octopus and I am thinking about making a homemade pasta dish with fried octopus garlic butter and minced onion. anyone care to share some dishes that you enjoy? (Not burgers, something you have to actualy prepare not throw on a bun)

I love Caesar salad and tacos, if it isn't too spicy.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 3:43:15 PM
Rhode Island Pizza Strips. Italian immigrants came to New England centuries ago with nothing but olives and tomatoes. They created a cheese-less pizza that they still serve in bakeries today in a small area of Rhode Island near where I grew up. I make them occasionally, here's a pic: http://eatyourworld.com...

Directions:

Sauce:
1/4 cup olive oil
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1 Tablespoon grated Romano cheese
3 teaspoons granulated sugar

Just mix that all together in a bowl and that's that. For the dough, you can either buy 2 lb from the store, or make it yourself.

I like making it myself, I just fill a normal size bowl with water and microwave it until it's luke-warm (~110 degrees). Then sprinkle a bit of yeast on top, maybe about a teaspoon of it, and let it sit for five minutes.Dump that in a big bowl with a few tablespoons of olive oil and appropriate amount of salt, and start mixing in flour. Transfer it to a floured-up table, put a bunch of flour on your hands so it doesn't stick to your hands, and beat that ball of dough for seven minutes, adding small amounts of flour until it's just-right (i.e., it's wet but just to the point where it's not sticking to the table).

At this point it needs to proof, I prefer to let the dough sit overnight in the fridge but if you want it sooner you can put it in a warm place for a couple hours and let it rise. My method is to rinse out the big bowl and dry it thoroughly, then put a few tablespoons of olive oil in there and put the dough in with it. Rub the dough in the oil and spread it all over the inside of the bowl so when it expands it's not gonna stick to the sides, then cover it with plastic wrap. At this point it's sealed so you can do anything you want with it - put it someplace warm to proof or put it in the fridge. Classically, dough is instead covered with a warm, wet towel.

When the dough has risen, olive-oil up a couple rectangle pans and spread the dough out on them. This is the hardest part because the dough is gonna want to contract and unlike most pizzas where there's corn-meal on the bottom or a drier surface to stop it, this pizza has a frictionless surface. You have to continuously stretch it beyond the perimeter of the pan to train it to stay. You'll have to experiment with thicknesses of the dough and get used to what you want, obviously pizza strips are a thicker variety but don't go overboard or it will rise up several inches! The sauce mixture should make two 11"x16" pans worth, just dump half of it out on each. Finally, drizzle a little bit of oil over the top of the pizza before you put it in the oven, perhaps a tablespoon on each. Cook until golden-brown, and don't eat it until it's cooled-off! 50 degrees is about ideal but room-temperature works.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 6:17:49 PM
At 2/23/2015 9:45:23 AM, KingKobra wrote:

A good dish that I like to make is Enchalada Casserole.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 9:24:35 PM
I make some fantastic stuffed shells and shepherd's pie, but those are pretty standard dishes, I think. If you want recipes though, I'll tell you how I do it.
KingKobra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 9:09:48 AM
At 2/23/2015 9:24:35 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I make some fantastic stuffed shells and shepherd's pie, but those are pretty standard dishes, I think. If you want recipes though, I'll tell you how I do it.

Please do share
Look Under the bed, where the beast lurks at night.