Jump to topic:

Depression?

KingKobra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 9:24:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I always feel sad, I am not diagnosed with depression but I am often depression. I don't believe on going on depression Med's cuss they make you more depressed than anything. I don't know if it is just stress from working construction while being in school a Sr. and worrying about paying my next bill and moving out at the end of the summer etc. Any one help me please? and No I am not going to talk to anyone about my problems I don't like that stuff.
Look Under the bed, where the beast lurks at night.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 9:49:26 AM
At 2/24/2015 9:24:21 AM, KingKobra wrote:
I always feel sad, I am not diagnosed with depression but I am often depression. I don't believe on going on depression Med's cuss they make you more depressed than anything.

Agreed, most medications are like killing a fly with a sledgehammer. And forget ever coming back off the things...

I don't know if it is just stress from working construction while being in school a Sr. and worrying about paying my next bill and moving out at the end of the summer etc. Any one help me please?

"Working hard can help you maintain, to overcome life's heartaches and pains." - Wu-Tang Clan C.R.E.A.M. 1993

Hard work is the best medicine for depression. If you're always at work or school and can't take care of yourself then perhaps you're working too much, but I doubt that's the problem. Hard work keeps you focused away from your problems. It gives you a sense of self-worth and accomplishment (construction in particular is quite rewarding - when the work is done and you can say "I built that!").

We're always gonna have bills and be broke. I doubt that's the source of your depression.

and No I am not going to talk to anyone about my problems I don't like that stuff.

You're a man, and you have to accept that, being a man, you are a socially-damaged creature. As men we have a hard time talking about our emotions, giving physical (non-sexual) affection (particularly to other males), and letting down our guards of masculinity. One could write a book on the subject and I'm sure there are plenty of them. Being in construction, you're likely more damaged in this sense than most other men, if my stereotyping is accurate. The truth is that seeking help through counseling is probably the single-best route for help for you.

It's hard to believe some random people on a website are gonna be able to fix your issues. We live in this modern society and our brains aren't genetically-tuned to all these technological gadgets. We aren't designed to lay around on sofas consuming calories and staring at viewscreens, communicating through short, meaningless text messages all day long as opposed to intimate eye-to-eye communication, to drive around in machines with wheels as opposed to walking... These hassles of ancient life that our ancestors had to deal with made them strong, much stronger than we are today with modern luxuries. And one of the ways our weak modern lifestyles manifests itself is through psychological anguish like depression, ADHD, eating disorders, etc.

My advice to you would be to analyze the modern comforts in your life. Try reading a book to relax instead of watching a screen. Get outdoors and walk whenever you can instead of driving. Don't send short, meaningless texts whenever you want to communicate, meet people in person and get the full experience. Look at the ingredients-labels of the foods you buy and try to eat more naturally, and get to know the really bad things to consume like nitrates in processed meats and hydrogenated oils which are in just about everything.

There's also the moral element to life, as modern humans we take and take but rarely give back. This can be depressing because our society has become so base. Give regularly to charity and start volunteering somewhere. These types of things are sources of strength that can never be taken away from you. They are the ONLY things that can never be taken away from you.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 4:38:07 PM
I always feel sad, I am not diagnosed with depression but I am often depression. I don't believe on going on depression Med's cuss they make you more depressed than anything. I don't know if it is just stress from working construction while being in school a Sr. and worrying about paying my next bill and moving out at the end of the summer etc. Any one help me please? and No I am not going to talk to anyone about my problems I don't like that stuff.

I can talk to you, but in a PM. This is due to my own personal expierences and since I just came off of a 4 month long suicidal depression.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
KingKobra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 6:44:04 PM
sThank you both of you. But youre right just little things smart phones dumb people haha. I need to start reading and eating healthy.
Look Under the bed, where the beast lurks at night.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 7:52:12 PM
At 2/24/2015 9:49:26 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I always feel sad, I am not diagnosed with depression but I am often depression. I don't believe on going on depression Med's cuss they make you more depressed than anything.

Agreed, most medications are like killing a fly with a sledgehammer. And forget ever coming back off the things...

I don't know if it is just stress from working construction while being in school a Sr. and worrying about paying my next bill and moving out at the end of the summer etc. Any one help me please?

"Working hard can help you maintain, to overcome life's heartaches and pains." - Wu-Tang Clan C.R.E.A.M. 1993

Hard work is the best medicine for depression. If you're always at work or school and can't take care of yourself then perhaps you're working too much, but I doubt that's the problem. Hard work keeps you focused away from your problems. It gives you a sense of self-worth and accomplishment (construction in particular is quite rewarding - when the work is done and you can say "I built that!").

We're always gonna have bills and be broke. I doubt that's the source of your depression.

and No I am not going to talk to anyone about my problems I don't like that stuff.

You're a man, and you have to accept that, being a man, you are a socially-damaged creature. As men we have a hard time talking about our emotions, giving physical (non-sexual) affection (particularly to other males), and letting down our guards of masculinity. One could write a book on the subject and I'm sure there are plenty of them. Being in construction, you're likely more damaged in this sense than most other men, if my stereotyping is accurate. The truth is that seeking help through counseling is probably the single-best route for help for you.

It's hard to believe some random people on a website are gonna be able to fix your issues. We live in this modern society and our brains aren't genetically-tuned to all these technological gadgets. We aren't designed to lay around on sofas consuming calories and staring at viewscreens, communicating through short, meaningless text messages all day long as opposed to intimate eye-to-eye communication, to drive around in machines with wheels as opposed to walking... These hassles of ancient life that our ancestors had to deal with made them strong, much stronger than we are today with modern luxuries. And one of the ways our weak modern lifestyles manifests itself is through psychological anguish like depression, ADHD, eating disorders, etc.

My advice to you would be to analyze the modern comforts in your life. Try reading a book to relax instead of watching a screen. Get outdoors and walk whenever you can instead of driving. Don't send short, meaningless texts whenever you want to communicate, meet people in person and get the full experience. Look at the ingredients-labels of the foods you buy and try to eat more naturally, and get to know the really bad things to consume like nitrates in processed meats and hydrogenated oils which are in just about everything.

There's also the moral element to life, as modern humans we take and take but rarely give back. This can be depressing because our society has become so base. Give regularly to charity and start volunteering somewhere. These types of things are sources of strength that can never be taken away from you. They are the ONLY things that can never be taken away from you.

This was a great post.
Nolite Timere
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2015 9:44:32 PM
At 2/24/2015 7:52:12 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Rob1billion rant...
This was a great post.

*tips hat* :)
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2015 5:52:16 PM

With depression for those who don't have serious psychological imbalances such as yourself, in the end the cure is always the same. You have to realize no one can help you, suck it up, get over it, and focus on something else. Been there did that done that dozens of times.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 1:56:59 AM
Are you receiving enough sunlight? 15-20 minutes a day.
Are you consuming enough zinc or poly/monounsaturated fats?
Are you resting enough? Between 6-9 hours a night.
Are you exercising enough, including intense exercise?

Try watching comedies and laughing more.
Avoid negative people.
Find a sex partner, if your interested, and engage in sexual activity that reduces stress.

The first half are questions I ask myself when I'm feeling depressive, and the second half are three things I implement to aid myself.

I do not recommend using narcotics and if you are a user of alcohol, I suggest gradually ceasing or limiting yourself to alcohol consumption.