Jump to topic:

What does it mean to be a good friend?

mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 9:26:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
What qualities make a good friend stand out? Have you had any good friends?
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 9:33:26 PM
At 3/1/2015 9:26:27 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Do you still talk to them regularly 10 years later, despite career, interest, and personality changes that inevitably occur? If so, then they are probably a good friend.

And, yes.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 9:36:34 PM
At 3/1/2015 9:33:26 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 3/1/2015 9:26:27 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Do you still talk to them regularly 10 years later, despite career, interest, and personality changes that inevitably occur? If so, then they are probably a good friend.

And, yes.

Good points.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Unlimited
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 3:35:12 PM
It means to be willing to go through hell and back to protect others, their happiness, and their futures from any threat, including themselves. And to know when letting them fight their own battles is the best way to protect them.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 6:10:02 PM
What does it mean to be a good friend? To not stab your so called friend in the back or throw them under the bus. You don't have to slobber all over them just don't do those two things. That is what I would call a good friend.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 1:51:38 AM
An individual who enjoys to spend time with you, who also enjoys helping you, or if he/she does not enjoy helping is willing to help devoid of a self-benificial result. Someone who also shares similar interests can also help mold a great friendship relationship.