Jump to topic:

How do you want to die?

zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 9:50:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Describe how you want to die. As in like, what sort of death and settings would make it most peaceful and fulfilling.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 10:26:38 AM
I'd prefer to die naturally in my sleep or something, but if I had to be killed, I'd prefer to be suffocated with nitrogen.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 10:34:27 AM
I appear as a lonely old man in a diner, but with the classic badass Clint Eastwood tough old man mentality. A mass shooter arrives. With him: a trained bear. I quickly defeat the mass shooter, but right as I'm about to finish off the bear, a beautiful young woman trips and falls right behind the bear, grabbing it's attention. It swipes at her, but I jump in front of the swipe. The world goes black. I become famous.

Plot twist: I'm immortal. It was all a setup. At my wake, I break out of my slumber causing so much shock that 5 of my mourners have heart attacks. The secret of my immortality revealed, the world wants to know more about me. I spin a sad yarn about how everyone I ever love will die before I do, painting me as a tragic hero. The world celebrates me.

Second plot twist: I'm not immortal. I'm just really tough and woke up at the right time. I go into the woods to fight another bear, and end up eaten. The world just assumes that I vanished but will come back and save them from death one day, like a modern day King arthur. He was just a myth, and so was I! Ha ha! But I become a legend told to generations of children.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Gustav_Adolf_II
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 1:10:33 PM
At 3/6/2015 9:50:44 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
Describe how you want to die. As in like, what sort of death and settings would make it most peaceful and fulfilling.

Preferably by self-administered poison after thousands of years of living due to life extension techniques and I'd had enough of the world.
"Quoting yourself only makes you look like an arrogant jerk" - Gustav_Adolf_II
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 3:00:57 AM

I want to die in bed with the woman I love, preferably at the same time, like in the Notebook <3

If I can't have my sappy love death, then I want to die fast - painless - and without any regrets.

However, and this is a BIG however, I actually think that we'll have some form of immortality available to us within the next 40 years, meaning that we might not have to die at all if we don't wish to.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 8:15:58 AM
As a very old man, after having lived a long, full and meaningful life, with my family by my side.

I would like to live beyond 95 years.
Tsar of DDO
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 8:20:46 AM
At 3/6/2015 10:34:27 AM, thett3 wrote:
I appear as a lonely old man in a diner, but with the classic badass Clint Eastwood tough old man mentality. A mass shooter arrives. With him: a trained bear. I quickly defeat the mass shooter, but right as I'm about to finish off the bear, a beautiful young woman trips and falls right behind the bear, grabbing it's attention. It swipes at her, but I jump in front of the swipe. The world goes black. I become famous.

Plot twist: I'm immortal. It was all a setup. At my wake, I break out of my slumber causing so much shock that 5 of my mourners have heart attacks. The secret of my immortality revealed, the world wants to know more about me. I spin a sad yarn about how everyone I ever love will die before I do, painting me as a tragic hero. The world celebrates me.

Second plot twist: I'm not immortal. I'm just really tough and woke up at the right time. I go into the woods to fight another bear, and end up eaten. The world just assumes that I vanished but will come back and save them from death one day, like a modern day King arthur. He was just a myth, and so was I! Ha ha! But I become a legend told to generations of children.

Jesus..........lmfao.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 11:02:29 AM
I don't want to live too long, because it will be depressing to watch myself slowly deteriorate. Also, relief from my regrets and physical ailments is something I expect I'll be looking forward to someday.

My mother didn't want to wait for relief, so at about age 50 she swam into the Atlantic and didn't turn around. I think that's how I'd like to go as well. I don't want to miss it while asleep, I don't want to be drugged or incoherent, I want the full experience and I want to savor every moment of it. I've been waiting my whole life for this moment, why would I waste it?

When my child(ren) is/are sufficiently set up, and I have decided I am more of a burden on others than I am contributing (I doubt I'll ever retire because that would tip the scales too much), then I will park my car by the beach and fold my clothes neatly like my mother did, and start swimming. I'll make sure I have the opportunity to tie up any loose ends I have beforehand, and I won't look at it as suicide as much as that I'm simply trying to cross to the other side.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 11:11:36 AM
Quietly, as if simply going to sleep. I don't need or want eulogies, a wake, a lot of crying or missing me. I just want to, as General MacArthur said, slowly fade away.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 11:14:38 AM
I think I'd enjoy being burned at the stake, launched into space or falling to my death.
I want my death to be fun.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 9:47:11 PM
I'd like to be sucked into a black hole.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 3:45:23 AM

Struck down mid-orgasm.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 2:44:37 PM
At 3/7/2015 11:02:29 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I don't want to live too long, because it will be depressing to watch myself slowly deteriorate. Also, relief from my regrets and physical ailments is something I expect I'll be looking forward to someday.

My mother didn't want to wait for relief, so at about age 50 she swam into the Atlantic and didn't turn around.

Damn dude, that's very courageous on her part (I've got unique views in regards to suicide) but drowning? If I was gonna end my own life I'd do it in a way that was quick and painless, drowning is rough... Your mom has my full respect in regards to her choice of death. I won't comment on the actual suicide though, as I know nothing about your family dynamic. Personally, I was very angry at my own mom when she tried taking her own life, regardless of how courageous I think it is to step into the unknown by their own accord.

I think that's how I'd like to go as well. I don't want to miss it while asleep, I don't want to be drugged or incoherent, I want the full experience and I want to savor every moment of it. I've been waiting my whole life for this moment, why would I waste it?

When my child(ren) is/are sufficiently set up, and I have decided I am more of a burden on others than I am contributing (I doubt I'll ever retire because that would tip the scales too much), then I will park my car by the beach and fold my clothes neatly like my mother did, and start swimming. I'll make sure I have the opportunity to tie up any loose ends I have beforehand, and I won't look at it as suicide as much as that I'm simply trying to cross to the other side.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 2:56:46 PM

Arguably I'll be in a state of during but will be able to opt for cryonic preservation just prior to death, to increase my chances of being reanimated. So technically I would like to die by being frozen to death, if I have to die at all.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 4:51:47 PM
In service to the Emperor.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 9:06:17 PM
How do you want to die? When I least expect it and instantly.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Shield
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 10:24:48 PM
I don't.
The proudest moment of my life was when i traveled a thousand miles for love and brought that love back with me those same thousand miles. Nothing that has ever happened, nor ever will, will ever take that pride away from my heart.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 6:25:06 PM

If I were to die I would chose old age.

If it were not by normal causes I would die in combat for freedom.

If it were a suicide I would put a blade on the bottom of my windowsill and I would attach a balloon to each ear. I would then shut the window decapitating myself as my head floats up above the city.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 6:33:11 PM
At 3/7/2015 3:00:57 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I want to die in bed with the woman I love, preferably at the same time, like in the Notebook <3

Wow... spoiler alert >.>
If I can't have my sappy love death, then I want to die fast - painless - and without any regrets.

However, and this is a BIG however, I actually think that we'll have some form of immortality available to us within the next 40 years, meaning that we might not have to die at all if we don't wish to.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 6:41:22 PM
Of a broken heart.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
heyfur_1213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 6:56:13 PM
Nobody WANTS to die. But if I had to say, I won't say how I'd want to die because there is no preferable way to die for me, it's dying anyway. However, I would want to live a long happy adventurous life with the person I love, preferably with him present. Holding his hand, or in his arms, with our kids surrounding us making the moment even more bittersweet.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 6:56:34 PM
Instant vaporization via catastrophic explosion.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 7:56:21 PM
At 3/9/2015 6:33:11 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 3/7/2015 3:00:57 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Wow... spoiler alert >.>

Haha omg go watch that movie right now! It's so good. One of three movies that have legit made me cry.

Shield
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2015 9:18:44 PM
At 3/9/2015 6:56:13 PM, heyfur_1213 wrote:
Nobody WANTS to die. But if I had to say, I won't say how I'd want to die because there is no preferable way to die for me, it's dying anyway. However, I would want to live a long happy adventurous life with the person I love, preferably with him present. Holding his hand, or in his arms, with our kids surrounding us making the moment even more bittersweet.

Sounds perfect. :)
The proudest moment of my life was when i traveled a thousand miles for love and brought that love back with me those same thousand miles. Nothing that has ever happened, nor ever will, will ever take that pride away from my heart.