Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:08:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Article on Huffington post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

"Cards Against Humanity Finally Goes Online"

Apparently HuffingtonPost just discovered something DDO members have known for a long time. I and several other DDO members have been playing Cards against humanity on Google plus (though I haven't played in a couple months) using some other service than mentioned in the article for awhile now. It's usually a good time, we should do it again some time when I have the chance.

Just thought this was amusing... In other news, Huffingtonpost reports: Internet now available on computers!
Debate.org Moderator
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:26:20 AM
At 3/12/2015 2:08:09 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Apparently HuffingtonPost just discovered something DDO members have known for a long time. I and several other DDO members have been playing Cards against humanity on Google plus (though I haven't played in a couple months) using some other service than mentioned in the article for awhile now. It's usually a good time, we should do it again some time when I have the chance.

Just thought this was amusing... In other news, Huffingtonpost reports: Internet now available on computers!

This is why I can't trust Huffington... :p
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas...
Is...
Youuuuuu
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 2:41:10 PM

What's House of Cards?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 3:31:27 PM

In all fairness, isn't the creator of CAH having the game online, as opposed to a proxy/pirate version?
My work here is, finally, done.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 8:34:11 PM
At 3/12/2015 2:41:10 PM, lannan13 wrote:

What's House of Cards?

House of Cards is an excellent TV show on Netflix starring Kevin Spacy. This thread is about Cards Against Humanity though, which is a card game.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 8:36:05 PM
At 3/12/2015 3:31:27 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

In all fairness, isn't the creator of CAH having the game online, as opposed to a proxy/pirate version?

Maybe, but the article doesn't say anything about that. It just says essentially 'yay, someone has finally made an online version of CAH...'

This isn't news nor accurate in the sense that this is something that "finally" happened.
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 8:36:34 PM

Right on...

lol
Tsar of DDO
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 8:37:23 PM
At 3/12/2015 8:36:05 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Maybe, but the article doesn't say anything about that. It just says essentially 'yay, someone has finally made an online version of CAH...'

This isn't news nor accurate in the sense that this is something that "finally" happened.

True, but for Huffington Post, it's as close as your going to get for accurate information.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 9:13:00 PM
At 3/12/2015 8:37:23 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

True, but for Huffington Post, it's as close as your going to get for accurate information.

Yeah I suppose that's true. I like Huffpo though. When I need left leaning spin on the days events, they are my go-to news source. They also provide the left leaning constituency point of view conveniently in their comment section... So it's a very convenient source for their particular brand of perspective. It's unapologetically biased, and their (meaning their base users - not their devs who I'm sure realize it) lack of self awareness of this is probably the only thing that bothers me about the site.
Debate.org Moderator
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 9:16:27 PM
At 3/12/2015 9:13:00 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Yeah I suppose that's true. I like Huffpo though. When I need left leaning spin on the days events, they are my go-to news source. They also provide the left leaning constituency point of view conveniently in their comment section... So it's a very convenient source for their particular brand of perspective. It's unapologetically biased, and their (meaning their base users - not their devs who I'm sure realize it) lack of self awareness of this is probably the only thing that bothers me about the site.

What about Solon?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 9:23:05 PM
At 3/12/2015 8:34:11 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 3/12/2015 2:41:10 PM, lannan13 wrote:

What's House of Cards?

House of Cards is an excellent TV show on Netflix starring Kevin Spacy. This thread is about Cards Against Humanity though, which is a card game.

What's it about?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 9:42:31 PM

They're talking about the first official version of CAH, which makes it less of a bad article (but it's still bad).
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 9:43:26 PM
At 3/12/2015 9:16:27 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/12/2015 9:13:00 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

What about Solon?

Haven't really checked it out much, but since you mentioned it I think I will...
Debate.org Moderator