Jump to topic:

What did you do over spring break?

xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 1:31:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I went on a week long mission trip to St. Louis, Missouri. I was with thirteen other students from my school and two campus ministry teachers. We went to a Catholic school in a very, very poor neighborhood. We went to the classrooms and tutored students and helped around as we could. It was a very eye opening experience. We also went to Glenco, which was a place where Catholic brothers stayed and did garden work there. Glenco had beautiful shrines and hiking trails, so it was a great time. We also went to a nursing home for old folks who cannot take care of themselves. We did garden work there and we talked to the old men and women there. We stayed at the convent of the Sisters of Lorretto. They were some of the kindest people I have ever met. I have never loved a group of women so much in such a short period of time. On our free day we went to the St. Louis Science Center, which was pretty cool but not fantastic. We also went to the Basilica in St. Louis and it was absolutely beautiful. I have never witnessed such beautiful artwork in my life. In our free time as the convent we played *a lot* of card games, ping pong, played piano and guitar, ate out at fantastic restaurants in the area, and did group prayer. Overall it was probably the best week I have had so far in all of my high school career.

What did you do?
Nolite Timere
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 1:36:21 PM
At 3/21/2015 1:31:23 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
I went on a week long mission trip to St. Louis, Missouri. I was with thirteen other students from my school and two campus ministry teachers. We went to a Catholic school in a very, very poor neighborhood. We went to the classrooms and tutored students and helped around as we could. It was a very eye opening experience. We also went to Glenco, which was a place where Catholic brothers stayed and did garden work there. Glenco had beautiful shrines and hiking trails, so it was a great time. We also went to a nursing home for old folks who cannot take care of themselves. We did garden work there and we talked to the old men and women there. We stayed at the convent of the Sisters of Lorretto. They were some of the kindest people I have ever met. I have never loved a group of women so much in such a short period of time. On our free day we went to the St. Louis Science Center, which was pretty cool but not fantastic. We also went to the Basilica in St. Louis and it was absolutely beautiful. I have never witnessed such beautiful artwork in my life. In our free time as the convent we played *a lot* of card games, ping pong, played piano and guitar, ate out at fantastic restaurants in the area, and did group prayer. Overall it was probably the best week I have had so far in all of my high school career.

What did you do?

Sleep and cry over being banned.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 4:12:42 PM

What did you do?

I spent a week training at Parris Island.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 4:27:36 PM
School
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 4:27:56 PM
At 3/21/2015 1:36:21 PM, RevNge wrote:
Your own fault
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 4:31:01 PM
At 3/21/2015 4:27:56 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Your own fault

Shh
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 4:31:47 PM
At 3/21/2015 4:31:01 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/21/2015 4:27:56 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Your own fault

Shh

Nah
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 4:33:42 PM
At 3/21/2015 3:17:44 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I went to work...
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 5:05:46 PM
I have spring break in 1 more week :D
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 10:42:47 PM

What did you do?

I'm not on spring break yet. But this is what I'm going to do:

I'm going scubadiving for five days. Gonna be on boat for all five days so I will also probably be throwing up a couple times. When I return I will celebrate the Thai National Water Festival, where the entire country is a party and you get sprayed with water as soon as you step out of your house. During the festival ima get high and drunk with my friends and throw up more. Then ima go home and pray I get accepted into college.