Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

What did you do over spring break?

xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 1:31:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I went on a week long mission trip to St. Louis, Missouri. I was with thirteen other students from my school and two campus ministry teachers. We went to a Catholic school in a very, very poor neighborhood. We went to the classrooms and tutored students and helped around as we could. It was a very eye opening experience. We also went to Glenco, which was a place where Catholic brothers stayed and did garden work there. Glenco had beautiful shrines and hiking trails, so it was a great time. We also went to a nursing home for old folks who cannot take care of themselves. We did garden work there and we talked to the old men and women there. We stayed at the convent of the Sisters of Lorretto. They were some of the kindest people I have ever met. I have never loved a group of women so much in such a short period of time. On our free day we went to the St. Louis Science Center, which was pretty cool but not fantastic. We also went to the Basilica in St. Louis and it was absolutely beautiful. I have never witnessed such beautiful artwork in my life. In our free time as the convent we played *a lot* of card games, ping pong, played piano and guitar, ate out at fantastic restaurants in the area, and did group prayer. Overall it was probably the best week I have had so far in all of my high school career.

What did you do?
Nolite Timere
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 1:36:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/21/2015 1:31:23 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
I went on a week long mission trip to St. Louis, Missouri. I was with thirteen other students from my school and two campus ministry teachers. We went to a Catholic school in a very, very poor neighborhood. We went to the classrooms and tutored students and helped around as we could. It was a very eye opening experience. We also went to Glenco, which was a place where Catholic brothers stayed and did garden work there. Glenco had beautiful shrines and hiking trails, so it was a great time. We also went to a nursing home for old folks who cannot take care of themselves. We did garden work there and we talked to the old men and women there. We stayed at the convent of the Sisters of Lorretto. They were some of the kindest people I have ever met. I have never loved a group of women so much in such a short period of time. On our free day we went to the St. Louis Science Center, which was pretty cool but not fantastic. We also went to the Basilica in St. Louis and it was absolutely beautiful. I have never witnessed such beautiful artwork in my life. In our free time as the convent we played *a lot* of card games, ping pong, played piano and guitar, ate out at fantastic restaurants in the area, and did group prayer. Overall it was probably the best week I have had so far in all of my high school career.

What did you do?

Sleep and cry over being banned.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 1:44:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I went to Washington DC.
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
lannan13
Posts: 23,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 4:12:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/21/2015 1:31:23 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
I went on a week long mission trip to St. Louis, Missouri. I was with thirteen other students from my school and two campus ministry teachers. We went to a Catholic school in a very, very poor neighborhood. We went to the classrooms and tutored students and helped around as we could. It was a very eye opening experience. We also went to Glenco, which was a place where Catholic brothers stayed and did garden work there. Glenco had beautiful shrines and hiking trails, so it was a great time. We also went to a nursing home for old folks who cannot take care of themselves. We did garden work there and we talked to the old men and women there. We stayed at the convent of the Sisters of Lorretto. They were some of the kindest people I have ever met. I have never loved a group of women so much in such a short period of time. On our free day we went to the St. Louis Science Center, which was pretty cool but not fantastic. We also went to the Basilica in St. Louis and it was absolutely beautiful. I have never witnessed such beautiful artwork in my life. In our free time as the convent we played *a lot* of card games, ping pong, played piano and guitar, ate out at fantastic restaurants in the area, and did group prayer. Overall it was probably the best week I have had so far in all of my high school career.

What did you do?

I spent a week training at Parris Island.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,592
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 4:27:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
School
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.
Deep down, we're all dumbassses who act like shittheads

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,592
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 4:27:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/21/2015 1:36:21 PM, RevNge wrote:
Sleep and cry over being banned.
Your own fault
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.
Deep down, we're all dumbassses who act like shittheads

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 4:31:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/21/2015 4:27:56 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 3/21/2015 1:36:21 PM, RevNge wrote:
Sleep and cry over being banned.
Your own fault

Shh
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,592
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 4:31:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/21/2015 4:31:01 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 3/21/2015 4:27:56 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 3/21/2015 1:36:21 PM, RevNge wrote:
Sleep and cry over being banned.
Your own fault

Shh

Nah
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.
Deep down, we're all dumbassses who act like shittheads

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 4:33:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/21/2015 3:17:44 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I went to work...
"See now Oblivion shimmering all around us, its very tranquility deadlier than tempest. How little all our keels have troubled it."
- Lord Dunsany -

"Over her head the stars, the thoughts of God in the heavens,
Shone on the eyes of man, who had ceased to marvel and worship"
- Henry Longfellow -

"We enjoy, we see nothing by direct vision; but only by reflection, and in anatomical dismemberment."
- Thomas Carlyle -
Lee001
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2015 5:05:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have spring break in 1 more week :D
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Defro
Posts: 847
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 10:42:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/21/2015 1:31:23 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

What did you do?

I'm not on spring break yet. But this is what I'm going to do:

I'm going scubadiving for five days. Gonna be on boat for all five days so I will also probably be throwing up a couple times. When I return I will celebrate the Thai National Water Festival, where the entire country is a party and you get sprayed with water as soon as you step out of your house. During the festival ima get high and drunk with my friends and throw up more. Then ima go home and pray I get accepted into college.