Jump to topic:

Leaving DDO and making some Drama.

Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 2:16:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm terminating all DDO related activities, and I'm part attention-whore. Ergo, this thread.

I've had several hiccups and periods of extended interaction with some of you, and I want you to know that I'm very happy to have met you. I've made no real friends while on here, but I will miss a number of you nonetheless. I want to post a final epitaph which will be my thoughts on all the users who've had any meaning to me to my DDO experience.

YYW:
You're the kind of person who indulge the social expectations of those who really impact your life. You're the kind of person who smiles when complemented, and gives correct, pleasant responses to those you talk to that have any import to you. Reading you, I've come to realize how little I care about other people who don't really affect my life. You're one of many who have contributed not insignificantly to my growing listlessness, apathy and disdain for social interaction with those who don't count. And honestly, the number of people who count have only been diminishing. A large portion of the people who do count are those who I would rather don't.
I've read in you a similar attitude, and you make me feel vindicated for being so disgustingly uncaring inside. It was really nice having someone I could feel as if I could relate to. Even if this feeling is misguided, thank you.

Airmax:
We've had our disagreements, but I know it's nothing personal. You've put a lot more color into my experience on this site than you realize, and I'm glad that you're here (even if you've taken out the incentive in some of the more fun things I had planned to do on this site.)
I did enjoy interacting with you on more occasions than you'd probably care to know. I just want you to know that it was all in good fun as I desperately claw my way through life seeking outlets for my need to find something, anything that could be amusing. Nothing is these days.

Blackvoid:
Our recent mafia game (Surprise Mafia by bsh1) is probably one of the best I've ever played in my life, and you were an integral part of that. Our teamwork and our hard-earned trust that we earned at the end made me authentically happy, something I rarely ever feel. The companionship I felt with you as we neared the close of that game is something I will remember for a very, very long time.

BladeofTruth:
You helped me out of one of my periods of depression, which could have resulted in a lot worse.. even if you didn't know it at the time. Thank you.

Rev:
I've never met anyone so like me. I used to procrastinate so badly, I'd be scrambling in the front of the room of my history class doing my calculus homework, sitting in my calculus class penning my AP English Essay, sitting in my AP English class doing AP Chem, etc. I went to school to do homework.
I have a lot of respect for you. You're easily the smartest 13 year old I've ever come across, and also one of the few non-professional pianists who I can really admit to have me bested in this area, but you probably already know that. You've seen my wiki article on you.
This might be a bit presumptuous and may not even actually apply to you, but just in case, here's some things I've been wanting to say to you:
If my experience is anything like yours, then I assume that school is easy for you. That expectations are easily met without much effort. Don't let that get to your head because it'll have terrible effects on your work ethics in the future (I swear). Don't satisfy yourself with just meeting school's expectations. If beating the school system is so easy, then the school system is too dumb for you.
Set higher standards for yourself. Make yourself learn things. Devour more knowledge in your free time instead of penning yourself up with complacency on your achievements and capabilities. For example: don't be satisfied with just doing the precalc your school system wants you to do, learn the entire thing before you're even halfway through the course, then move on to calc, linear algebra, etc. Master everything you'll need to know for what you plan to do. Get so ahead that by the time they teach you things, it's only review for you. I'd start by looking at the list of necessary skills for whatever job you think you'll be doing in the future (CS?) and learn those skills as early, quickly and comprehensively as possible during free time (cut back on DDO?). Then take up interns and stuff related to those skills. Experience is awesome.
I'd hate to see another me go to waste like I did. Hindsight is 8/8.. mate. This was hard for me to type out. I hope you don't think less of me for it.
But if you do: \(* ^*)/
Too bad I won't be part of your music competition. I really looked forward to it. :P
(Oh and if you haven't noticed. I've taken liberties to swipe that title of "world's leading procrastinator" from under your feet. GG)

That1User:
I still have my grievances on our nihilism debate. I don't believe that you're 17 (you have a pre-puberty boy-voice - no offense), but I do believe that you're fairly smart. If my blurb to Rev applies to you, then follow it.. or not. :)
I felt terrible in the G+ hangout when we forced you to sing, knowing the exact outcome. I give you major props for courage.
And sorry.
I thought you were someone I knew, but I was wrong. That was awkward.

(AngelofDeath?)-Esocial-Endark:
whatisthisidontevenknow - please - sate my curiosity T^T

Fanfic authors of fanfics I've signed up for:
I will no longer be reading fanfics. You guys are great, and your creativity is refreshing. I will miss reading about the fantastical adventures of beloved DDO members.
If you're a fanfic author or a future fanfic author for DDO, I unofficially sign up for your fanfic. Use my name. Make me a character. I would love that. :)
When I come back in the distant future (that's a promise), I would love to go through some fanfics with me in it. ^-^
I'll also be sure to finish off ongoing fanfics that are supposed to have me in it. :D
So I better be in it. Do me justice. <3
Or else. D:<

G+ people:
You've definitely made DDO a pleasure. Bossy, Joey, Esocial, Alex, Marie, Addison, etc. DDO just wouldn't be what it is without those G+ hangouts and mafia games.

Mafia People:
I usually don't feel anything at all, and Mafia is the only place in which I've felt such a wide range of authentic emotions. I thank you all for contributing to that experience, and am very glad to have known and played with you.
XLAV, FourTrouble, TUF, bsh1 (as mod), Khaos, Blackvoid, F16, Endark, Hatstand, Cermank, Crypto, Lannan, Drafterman, ChosenWolff.
You're just some names - a bunch of characters. Even so, I will miss the mafia community most.

Rest of you:
I'm not going to lie and say that I love you all, but you've contributed to this community which I grew somewhat fond of.

It's been a memorable and kind of sad experience. Goodbye.
Senpai has noticed you.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 6:52:04 AM
At 3/23/2015 2:16:32 AM, Beginner wrote:
I'm terminating all DDO related activities, and I'm part attention-whore. Ergo, this thread.

I've had several hiccups and periods of extended interaction with some of you, and I want you to know that I'm very happy to have met you. I've made no real friends while on here, but I will miss a number of you nonetheless. I want to post a final epitaph which will be my thoughts on all the users who've had any meaning to me to my DDO experience.

YYW:
You're the kind of person who indulge the social expectations of those who really impact your life. You're the kind of person who smiles when complemented, and gives correct, pleasant responses to those you talk to that have any import to you. Reading you, I've come to realize how little I care about other people who don't really affect my life. You're one of many who have contributed not insignificantly to my growing listlessness, apathy and disdain for social interaction with those who don't count. And honestly, the number of people who count have only been diminishing. A large portion of the people who do count are those who I would rather don't.
I've read in you a similar attitude, and you make me feel vindicated for being so disgustingly uncaring inside. It was really nice having someone I could feel as if I could relate to. Even if this feeling is misguided, thank you.

Airmax:
We've had our disagreements, but I know it's nothing personal. You've put a lot more color into my experience on this site than you realize, and I'm glad that you're here (even if you've taken out the incentive in some of the more fun things I had planned to do on this site.)
I did enjoy interacting with you on more occasions than you'd probably care to know. I just want you to know that it was all in good fun as I desperately claw my way through life seeking outlets for my need to find something, anything that could be amusing. Nothing is these days.

Blackvoid:
Our recent mafia game (Surprise Mafia by bsh1) is probably one of the best I've ever played in my life, and you were an integral part of that. Our teamwork and our hard-earned trust that we earned at the end made me authentically happy, something I rarely ever feel. The companionship I felt with you as we neared the close of that game is something I will remember for a very, very long time.

BladeofTruth:
You helped me out of one of my periods of depression, which could have resulted in a lot worse.. even if you didn't know it at the time. Thank you.

Rev:
I've never met anyone so like me. I used to procrastinate so badly, I'd be scrambling in the front of the room of my history class doing my calculus homework, sitting in my calculus class penning my AP English Essay, sitting in my AP English class doing AP Chem, etc. I went to school to do homework.
I have a lot of respect for you. You're easily the smartest 13 year old I've ever come across, and also one of the few non-professional pianists who I can really admit to have me bested in this area, but you probably already know that. You've seen my wiki article on you.
This might be a bit presumptuous and may not even actually apply to you, but just in case, here's some things I've been wanting to say to you:
If my experience is anything like yours, then I assume that school is easy for you. That expectations are easily met without much effort. Don't let that get to your head because it'll have terrible effects on your work ethics in the future (I swear). Don't satisfy yourself with just meeting school's expectations. If beating the school system is so easy, then the school system is too dumb for you.
Set higher standards for yourself. Make yourself learn things. Devour more knowledge in your free time instead of penning yourself up with complacency on your achievements and capabilities. For example: don't be satisfied with just doing the precalc your school system wants you to do, learn the entire thing before you're even halfway through the course, then move on to calc, linear algebra, etc. Master everything you'll need to know for what you plan to do. Get so ahead that by the time they teach you things, it's only review for you. I'd start by looking at the list of necessary skills for whatever job you think you'll be doing in the future (CS?) and learn those skills as early, quickly and comprehensively as possible during free time (cut back on DDO?). Then take up interns and stuff related to those skills. Experience is awesome.
I'd hate to see another me go to waste like I did. Hindsight is 8/8.. mate. This was hard for me to type out. I hope you don't think less of me for it.
Too bad I won't be part of your music competition. I really looked forward to it. :P
(Oh and if you haven't noticed. I've taken liberties to swipe that title of "world's leading procrastinator" from under your feet. GG)

That1User:
I still have my grievances on our nihilism debate. I don't believe that you're 17 (you have a pre-puberty boy-voice - no offense), but I do believe that you're fairly smart. If my blurb to Rev applies to you, then follow it.. or not. :)
I felt terrible in the G+ hangout when we forced you to sing, knowing the exact outcome. I give you major props for courage.
And sorry.

I will no longer be reading fanfics. You guys are great, and your creativity is refreshing. I will miss reading about the fantastical adventures of beloved DDO members.
If you're a fanfic author or a future fanfic author for DDO, I unofficially sign up for your fanfic. Use my name. Make me a character. I would love that. :)
When I come back in the distant future (that's a promise), I would love to go through some fanfics with me in it. ^-^
I'll also be sure to finish off ongoing fanfics that are supposed to have me in it. :D

G+ people:
You've definitely made DDO a pleasure. Bossy, Joey, Esocial, Alex, Marie, Addison, etc. DDO just wouldn't be what it is without those G+ hangouts and mafia games.

Mafia People:
I usually don't feel anything at all, and Mafia is the only place in which I've felt such a wide range of authentic emotions. I thank you all for contributing to that experience, and am very glad to have known and played with you.
XLAV, FourTrouble, TUF, bsh1 (as mod), Khaos, Blackvoid, F16, Endark, Hatstand, Cermank, Crypto, Lannan, Drafterman, ChosenWolff.
You're just some names - a bunch of characters. Even so, I will miss the mafia community most.

Rest of you:
I'm not going to lie and say that I love you all, but you've contributed to this community which I grew somewhat fond of.

People always say how much they like people. Now that you are leaving and don't have to be polite, you should make a diss thread.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 10:55:00 AM
That1User:
And sorry.
Tell me about it... -_-
I thought he was romanii...

Angel is my first girlfriend and ever romantic interest on this site. Endark is my first boyfriend on this site, with whom I bonded over through out common disdain for love. :
YAY YOU'LL BE BACK :D
Or else wut grr

G+ people:
<3 u hunnie
Stay <3

Rest of you:

Stay!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 3:30:27 PM

YYW:

Airmax:

Blackvoid:

BladeofTruth:

You're welcome man :) regardless of me knowing it or not. I hope to see you on here again at some point. Until then, stay true to yourself and never forget that at the end of the day only you are in control of your final destination.

Rev:

That1User:
And sorry.

G+ people:

Mafia People:

Rest of you:

Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 3:33:04 PM

Thanks for including me >:(
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 4:29:34 PM
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 5:11:18 PM
At 3/23/2015 10:55:00 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
That1User:
And sorry.
Tell me about it... -_-
I thought he was romanii...
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 5:14:40 PM
Stay!
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 5:24:06 PM
At 3/23/2015 5:14:40 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Stay!
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
That1User
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 6:18:44 PM

YYW:

Airmax:

Blackvoid:

BladeofTruth:

Rev:

That1User:
And sorry.

Thank you for the shoutout Beginner, it means a lot to me. Our Nihilism debate was fun, and I am happy that we debated the topic. I am 17 lol, it's just my voice is really high in Google Hangouts, and please don't feel bad about when you forced me to sing. Thank you for thinking I am smart, that encourages me. Speaking of encouragement, the blurb for Rev is also applies to me, because I am an uber procrastinator. I appologize for not being someone you knew, but now you know me. Goodbye Beginner, I wish the best for you, and I hope you can regain your motivation again. Hopefully we can talk in Hangouts soon.

G+ people:

Mafia People:

Rest of you:

"Our life is what our thoughts make it."
R13; Marcus Aurelius
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius
"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." -Voltaire
"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do. "-Voltaire
Absentia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 6:36:31 PM
Bye whoever you are.
It's sad when you cry alone in your room and you realize that no one else realizes how depressed you.

I fear nothing except failure.

<3 Lee001
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 9:05:32 PM
At 3/23/2015 6:52:04 AM, Wylted wrote:

YYW:

Airmax:

Blackvoid:

BladeofTruth:

Rev:

That1User:
And sorry.

G+ people:

Mafia People:

Rest of you:

People always say how much they like people. Now that you are leaving and don't have to be polite, you should make a diss thread.

I will. When I inevitably leave or get banned for promising to kill someone, I'll make a post b***hing about all of you.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 9:34:56 PM

YYW:

Airmax:

Blackvoid:

BladeofTruth:

Rev:

That1User:
And sorry.

G+ people:

Mafia People:

Rest of you:

Goodbye
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2015 9:46:00 PM

YYW:

Cheers. You have to surround yourself with people who will support you, and purge from your life those who consistently drag you down. That could be your friends, it could even be your family. And you don't have to take anyone's crap (although there is usually a threshold of BS tolerance that is necessary so as not to make everyone around you hate you... a lesson I've had to learn the hard way when I was in college haha).

And I can tell you this too: there are now seven people in this world who I care about what the think of me. I like plenty of people and consider a lot of people as friends, but the only people whose opinion of me concerns me are the people who I both love and respect, or the people who I work for whom I have an immense amount of respect for. No need to broaden that circle.
Tsar of DDO
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 6:57:05 PM
Blackvoid:

That was definently some of the hardest-earned trust I've ever seen in a mafia game, but I think thats what made it so awesome once we finally got it. That game definently got a lot more fun once we started working together. Hopefully you're not away too long so we can whip some scrubs in the next game.

Sorry to hear about your issues with depression, procrastination, etc. I don't know the details of what caused them and how much they affected you, but hopefully your break from the site gives you more time to fix whatever it is thats going on right now.

See you soon (hopefully).
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 7:39:24 PM
His account is still open. Maybe he found the "Status: Offline" button.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 7:46:21 AM
At 4/1/2015 2:47:40 PM, Beginner wrote:
April Fools.

Oh, we knew that....

*blushes*
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas...
Is...
Youuuuuu
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 10:32:01 PM
Bump.
Yes I do like the attention that much.
No I'm not writing another one.
Yes I'm that lazy.
Senpai has noticed you.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 12:13:19 AM
At 4/18/2015 10:32:01 PM, Beginner wrote:
Bump.
Yes I'm that lazy.

No worries. I really like this thread.
Tsar of DDO
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 10:15:41 AM
At 4/18/2015 10:32:01 PM, Beginner wrote:
Bump.
Yes I'm that lazy.

I never saw this thread before, lol.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 10:18:19 AM
G+ people:

Mafia People:

)^:
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...