Jump to topic:

My 1st job a disaster

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 10:53:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Ok so i got a job but quit shortly after drama and disorganization. My first problem is that no one was willing to work with a newbie like me. The boss magically expected me to do the work and it was every man for himself. 2nd problem is my co-workers kept teasing me but i cared more about my work. After work, they wanted to shave my hair, take me to a strip club to throw money, have sex, and get wasted so i can "be a man." I'm not a pig. I'm a man with morals who's trying to responsibly pay my expenses not waste them. What if i like being a virgin? What if i like long hair? What if i like the way i am? I don't meddle in other people's lives trying to change them so why mess with mine? I can find a better job.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 11:27:19 AM
people will always try to compromise your morals. It is a test to see if you are a real man, and will stick to your principles. Just resist temptation and they will give you there respect. Don't keep leaving jobs, just because you are being tested. You will be tested everywhere.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 1:00:16 PM
Wow, you had your first job at 21?
Is this common nowadays?

When I was 21, I had at least 20 jobs under my belt, starting when I was 11.
My work here is, finally, done.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 3:52:06 PM
At 3/25/2015 10:53:20 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Ok so i got a job but quit shortly after drama and disorganization. My first problem is that no one was willing to work with a newbie like me. The boss magically expected me to do the work and it was every man for himself. 2nd problem is my co-workers kept teasing me but i cared more about my work. After work, they wanted to shave my hair, take me to a strip club to throw money, have sex, and get wasted so i can "be a man." I'm not a pig. I'm a man with morals who's trying to responsibly pay my expenses not waste them. What if i like being a virgin? What if i like long hair? What if i like the way i am? I don't meddle in other people's lives trying to change them so why mess with mine? I can find a better job.

The situation will likely be similar wherever you go; you most likely should just get used to that kind of work environment.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 3:54:04 PM
At 3/25/2015 3:52:06 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

The situation will likely be similar wherever you go; you most likely should just get used to that kind of work environment.

Yea might as well..but i feel that job just wasn't it for me. I'm better off working as a cashier since i do have experience in that area.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 4:06:25 PM
At 3/25/2015 3:54:04 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Yea might as well..but i feel that job just wasn't it for me. I'm better off working as a cashier since i do have experience in that area.

I thought this was your first job.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 4:08:22 PM
At 3/25/2015 4:06:25 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

I thought this was your first job.

No, i've had just 1 volunteer job as a cashier. This was kinda my 1st in a completely different position but the boss put me through a test run.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 4:39:51 PM
At 3/25/2015 1:00:16 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Is this common nowadays?

They legalized child abuse in the 19th century?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 4:41:45 PM
Is this common nowadays?

You lucky dog. I didn't get my first one until I was 12,
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 4:42:40 PM

Nobody is better off as a cashier, don't be foolish
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 4:57:26 PM
That's just work culture. It's gonna happen everywhere you go, especially in the service industry. My experience with the service industry is that everyone abuses substances to get by. Like everyone... It's bad.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 4:57:58 PM
At 3/25/2015 4:42:40 PM, Wylted wrote:

Where i'm at, don't have much of a choice. I need to take crappy jobs before i get my dream career.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 5:00:08 PM
At 3/25/2015 4:57:58 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Where i'm at, don't have much of a choice. I need to take crappy jobs before i get my dream career.

Please don't tell me your dream career is something silly like rapping?

I am just telling you to keep your eyes peeled for better crappy jobs
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 5:02:14 PM
At 3/25/2015 5:00:08 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/25/2015 4:57:58 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Please don't tell me your dream career is something silly like rapping?

I am just telling you to keep your eyes peeled for better crappy jobs

lol it's not, please don't tell me yours is being on DDO all day :P

N' i'm just telling you to get your head in the game.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 9:54:47 PM
Is this common nowadays?

I think the first job I had was working on a farm, picking various fruits and vegetables at age 12 or 13 I think. He paid me by performance or by the hour; I always chose by performance because I made three times as much money that way. I did that through middle school into high school.

Second job was roofing; I think I was 15 that summer. That is hard miserable work.

Third job was landscaping. I made outstanding money doing that, and I kind of enjoyed the work. I did that at age 16 through the end of high school. (like, when I did my own projects and worked by myself... I could usually net more than $45.00 an hour).

but enough about my life...
Tsar of DDO
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 10:19:53 PM
Modern society and its morally deficient individuals will continue to put pressure on those they do not see fit for their ways of life, but wish for it to be different. You should hold on to your morals, and whatever downfall you might experience in that realm should not prevent you from rising and holding on to them even more. Do your best at life, and what is best is for you, not imbeciles, to figure out.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 8:46:47 AM
At 3/25/2015 4:39:51 PM, RevNge wrote:
Is this common nowadays?

I worked off the books for the townhouse complex to help my father pay the rent.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 8:48:10 AM
At 3/25/2015 4:41:45 PM, Wylted wrote:
Is this common nowadays?

You lucky dog. I didn't get my first one until I was 12,

Well, where I actually got a paycheck, it was 12, as a caddy at a golf course. (the worst one there, LOL)
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 8:52:31 AM
At 3/25/2015 9:54:47 PM, YYW wrote:
Is this common nowadays?

I think the first job I had was working on a farm, picking various fruits and vegetables at age 12 or 13 I think. He paid me by performance or by the hour; I always chose by performance because I made three times as much money that way. I did that through middle school into high school.
Ahhh, the rural areas and their child labor, eh?

Second job was roofing; I think I was 15 that summer. That is hard miserable work.
Agreed. I doubt I could do it.

Third job was landscaping. I made outstanding money doing that, and I kind of enjoyed the work. I did that at age 16 through the end of high school. (like, when I did my own projects and worked by myself... I could usually net more than $45.00 an hour).
That's nice. Why stop?

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 9:07:32 AM
Is this common nowadays?

By no means is this common.
I've been taking small jobs and cases since I was 8.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 9:09:16 AM
At 3/26/2015 9:07:32 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Is this common nowadays?

Are you sure?
When I was in high school, a good deal did not work, and a good deal did not even have chores at home. This was over 15 years ago.
You may be an exception.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 9:10:19 AM
At 3/26/2015 8:52:31 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/25/2015 9:54:47 PM, YYW wrote:
Is this common nowadays?

Ahhh, the rural areas and their child labor, eh?

Suburb of Boston.

Agreed. I doubt I could do it.

That's nice. Why stop?

It was unreliable, and not the profession that I wanted to go into.... although I had an offer of full time employment from a guy I periodically did work with as a site manager.

Tsar of DDO
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 9:11:58 AM
At 3/26/2015 9:09:16 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/26/2015 9:07:32 AM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Is this common nowadays?

Are you sure?
No idea.
When I was in high school, a good deal did not work, and a good deal did not even have chores at home. This was over 15 years ago.
You may be an exception.
True. My childhood has been unique. It truly depends on what parents expect of their children.
Ex. I purchased every luxury I have (laptop, games, etc) with my own money as my parents refused to.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Gustav_Adolf_II
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 9:30:27 AM

Yeah some jobs are total crap to work at, I've had my fair share of bad jobs when I was young and experienced similar things. Here's some advice: If someone tries to get you to do something by saying your not a "real man" if you don't do it, just ignore them, there is no such thing as a "real man". That phrase is just an outdated means of coercing others into doing something they don't want to do (kinda like "if your really cool..."). Anyway, good luck in the job market.
"Quoting yourself only makes you look like an arrogant jerk" - Gustav_Adolf_II
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 11:50:06 AM
At 3/26/2015 8:46:47 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Is this common nowadays?

I worked off the books for the townhouse complex to help my father pay the rent.

lol
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 11:53:47 AM
At 3/26/2015 11:50:06 AM, RevNge wrote:
Is this common nowadays?

lol

Not sure why that is amusing to you...
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 11:56:46 AM
At 3/26/2015 11:53:47 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/26/2015 11:50:06 AM, RevNge wrote:
Is this common nowadays?

lol

Not sure why that is amusing to you...

Never mind. >.>
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 4:14:03 PM
Is this common nowadays?

Same here pretty much. Started mowing the neighbors lawns for cash as soon as I was big enough to push it. A job was mandatory as soon as I was old enough. I remember my dad saying "Ain't no slackers going to live in this house, get to fcking work." I moved out at age 17 and never looked back.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%