Girl's and Makeup

Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 5:43:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
For guys: What's okay and what's not?
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 6:34:37 PM
At 3/25/2015 5:43:10 PM, Lee001 wrote:

Do you mean, how much makeup do I think guys ought to wear?

Or how much makeup, on a girl, is permissible in my eyes?

If the former, my answer is "everything and the kitchen sink." In the off-chance that's hard to visualize, see Exhibit A: http://cdn.meme.am...

If the latter, my answer is, once again, everything and the kitchen sink.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 6:38:15 PM
At 3/25/2015 6:34:37 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

If the former, my answer is "everything and the kitchen sink." In the off-chance that's hard to visualize, see Exhibit A: http://cdn.meme.am...

I should have made myself more clear, like what's a turn off for guys when a girl wears make up.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 6:42:53 PM
At 3/25/2015 6:38:15 PM, Lee001 wrote:

I should have made myself more clear, like what's a turn off for guys when a girl wears make up.

On a serious note, I tend to like the "natural look" a lot better. That doesn't necessarily mean that any makeup at all is a turn-off, but I tend not to notice -- or care -- much about it. That sounds terrible, because I'm sure girls put a heck of a lot of effort into applying it, but I'm personally not too big into the appeal. The point at which I'd find it to be a "turn off" is if it becomes not only noticeable, but protruding--i.e., if I can't look at the girl without thinking, "Did you drop an entire container of makeup on your face?"
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 7:21:56 PM

Here is a good estimation of how much makeup a woman should wear:
http://www.bing.com...
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 7:27:20 PM
At 3/25/2015 7:21:56 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Here is a good estimation of how much makeup a woman should wear:
http://www.bing.com...

Wtf???
lol

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 10:03:15 PM

It depends on the philosophical justification given for the amount of makeup a girl wears. If it's unsound, she instantly loses 5 points on the scale.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 4:39:50 AM

I like girls with make up, but I like them to keep it natural, I mean, no flashy colors. Red lips it's like the most I can handle...
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 7:45:56 AM

I'm sure you look great no matter if you wear makeup or not *flirts*
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 7:47:56 AM

Whatever the hell they want. It is none of my business, as long as they don't look like clowns it probably won't effect their appeal to me at all.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 7:49:02 AM

Don't look like a clown.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 8:33:41 AM
At 3/26/2015 7:45:56 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Shhh:p

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
GlimmerOfHope24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 9:22:59 AM

Lee001, you should simply be yourself. If your aim is to attract a male, then you'll find that many prefer lighter amounts of make-up, whilst others enjoy thicker make-up.
It's a difficult game to try and appeal to everyone. Different guys will be attracted to different make-up styles, so use that to express what you want.

If you have a boyfriend, try asking them what their preference is and try and get someone who knows you to let you know what looks best on you. It's always a personal things.

Hope that helped!
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 12:44:44 PM

Way to be subtle m8
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 12:46:00 PM

Let me reiterate my well-written and thoughtful inquiry as follows:

y u ask m8
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 5:21:58 PM
At 3/26/2015 12:44:44 PM, RevNge wrote:

Way to be subtle m8

wasn't supposed to be
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Philocat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 5:36:01 PM
Like most things, makeup is great on a girl, but only in moderation. If too much is used it makes some guys wonder what the girl is trying to hide..
Gustav_Adolf_II
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2015 10:16:06 AM

Natural colors are almost always good, but I don't really like sparkly or bright colors.
"Quoting yourself only makes you look like an arrogant jerk" - Gustav_Adolf_II
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2015 7:50:54 PM

As long as they look good all over...

...all over me that is.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2015 8:26:46 PM

I find make up to be nasty and a false representation of the person. Not to gossip about people, but there is this girl that goes to my school who piles of the eye shadow/liner, powder, lipstick, and whatnot; she looks, in my opinion, unattractive. I can get grossed out by make up. I think that stems from when I would always find lipstick stains on cups left by my mom and sister.

If I were asked what kind of makeup was okay, I would be fine with some sort of chap-stick, possibly facial concealer if the person has a blemish, and mascara. Not okay: Noticeable lipstick, fake eyelashes, heavy foundation, fake tan, heavy eye shadow, and etc.

Question: What is the purpose of makeup in your opinion?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 3:14:52 AM

I like natural beauty. I don't hate against a little concealer, but aside from that I just love natural faces. It also depends on the occasion, like if we are going out to a nice restaurant I see no harm in the usual makeup such as lipstick, eyeliner, whatever else, lol. But aside from that I prefer girls who are comfortable without it. I've never been a fan of adding color to the cheeks or around the eyes. Idk, that's just my preferences.

Ultimately preferences are subjective. The right one will love you for you, regardless of makeup style.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 5:02:30 PM

I prefer the natural look personally. If I can tell a girl is wearing makeup, that's when it starts to look bad.

However, if a girl wears makeup every day, and can't go a day without wearing makeup because she doesn't want anyone to see her makeup-free face (which 99% of the time looks just fine), then that's a big turn off for me personally.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 5:03:42 PM
At 3/28/2015 5:02:30 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

I prefer the natural look personally. If I can tell a girl is wearing makeup, that's when it starts to look bad.

However, if a girl wears makeup every day, and can't go a day without wearing makeup because she doesn't want anyone to see her makeup-free face (which 99% of the time looks just fine), then that's a big turn off for me personally.

That's how I feel though. Allot of girl's are that way sad to say. Maybe it's just because were so use to wearing it?

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 5:08:10 PM
At 3/28/2015 5:03:42 PM, Lee001 wrote:

That's how I feel though. Allot of girl's are that way sad to say. Maybe it's just because were so use to wearing it?

Yes. And that's the problem I have. Makeup can make a girl feel beautiful, but if she doesn't have makeup on and her boyfriend tells her she's beautiful, and really means it she usually won't be able to feel beautiful. But if she puts the slightest amount of makeup on. Boom. She feels fine about herself. It's not makeup per se I have the trouble with, it's most of the attitudes people have towards it.

It's all because of social pressure really. We're very psychological beings. We want to look good.

I personally have ceased to care about society's standards of appearance. It's always changing and it's just not worth it. I'm extremely hairy and unkempt looking. I don't think I'm ugly... I like hair. But I think lots of people are grossed out by my appearance. When I first grew my beard and my hair out, people I didn't even know would come up to me and tell me that it was the ugliest thing they had ever seen on a person's face. The hell with them. ;-)

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 5:11:41 PM

And yes. Girls wear it so often that I think they just associate looking presentable with wearing makeup.

xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 5:26:06 PM

If I look at you and my immediate thought is that you are wearing makeup, then you have too much on.

If I look at you and I think you look fine without my first thought thinking you are wearing makeup, then you are wearing just enough.

If I look at you and I think your face does not look as pretty as usual or I notice quite a few flaws at first glance then you are not wearing enough makeup.

I'd rather a girl wear no makeup than wear too much. Every guy likes a girl to be just in the middle though. I respect girls who do not wear makeup though.
Nolite Timere
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2015 5:28:21 PM
At 3/28/2015 5:08:10 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

Yes. And that's the problem I have. Makeup can make a girl feel beautiful, but if she doesn't have makeup on and her boyfriend tells her she's beautiful, and really means it she usually won't be able to feel beautiful. But if she puts the slightest amount of makeup on. Boom. She feels fine about herself. It's not makeup per se I have the trouble with, it's most of the attitudes people have towards it.

It's all because of social pressure really. We're very psychological beings. We want to look good.

I personally have ceased to care about society's standards of appearance. It's always changing and it's just not worth it. I'm extremely hairy and unkempt looking. I don't think I'm ugly... I like hair. But I think lots of people are grossed out by my appearance. When I first grew my beard and my hair out, people I didn't even know would come up to me and tell me that it was the ugliest thing they had ever seen on a person's face. The hell with them. ;-)

Are you still growing your beard?
Nolite Timere