Announcement from JMK

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 11:02:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hey there.

I thought the personal forum would trump the main forum in this case--mainly because the main forum is currently cluttered with topics which are utterly non-topical.

Anyway, it's with a heavy heart that I announce that I'll be leaving once my current debates end. Now, that could be a day, or maybe even several weeks, depending on when these fellows opt to respond. Nevertheless, I need to focus on school. This is a particularly crucial time in my life, and unfortunately DDO is far too distracting, absorbing the bulk of my time when, in reality, I can hardly afford it even a small parcel.

I was planning to end with a milestone, and it's my intention to finish before I leave. It's a tad bittersweet, so I may be tempted to send one collective, general shout-out. If you've had an impact on me, you know who you are, and you know I'm eternally grateful to you. What good or difference could a public milestone really offer?

I can't say whether this will be permanent, though I can't see how it wouldn't be. My free time is only going to dissipate further as I begin my honors thesis and look toward applying to grad schools. It's been a wonderful experience, but unfortunately all good things must eventually come to an end.

Thanks for the good times, fellas.

~Joey
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 11:12:05 PM
At 3/25/2015 11:02:08 PM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
Hey there.

I thought the personal forum would trump the main forum in this case--mainly because the main forum is currently cluttered with topics which are utterly non-topical.

Anyway, it's with a heavy heart that I announce that I'll be leaving once my current debates end. Now, that could be a day, or maybe even several weeks, depending on when these fellows opt to respond. Nevertheless, I need to focus on school. This is a particularly crucial time in my life, and unfortunately DDO is far too distracting, absorbing the bulk of my time when, in reality, I can hardly afford it even a small parcel.

I was planning to end with a milestone, and it's my intention to finish before I leave. It's a tad bittersweet, so I may be tempted to send one collective, general shout-out. If you've had an impact on me, you know who you are, and you know I'm eternally grateful to you. What good or difference could a public milestone really offer?

I can't say whether this will be permanent, though I can't see how it wouldn't be. My free time is only going to dissipate further as I begin my honors thesis and look toward applying to grad schools. It's been a wonderful experience, but unfortunately all good things must eventually come to an end.

~Joey
You'll be missed.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 11:23:24 PM
Go take care of business and come back when you can. You're a good dude and we'll have to play some mafia when you get back. You're funny, creative, and you're a liberal and Prolife. We'll miss you.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2015 11:38:13 PM
Hey there.

~Joey

Not until I get you lynched first.

VTL Joey

But hurry back... ;_;
TurleDoveSammie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 12:22:32 AM

Joey,

First I would like to say, I wish you the best in life as you venture off into school and everything you may encounter. Life is full of adventure even in the education we gain because that is not just knowledge we are abtaining, but wisdom from others (others meaning the ones who have been through things and know things). Anyways, I hope everything works out as I know you are intelligent and will do awesome!

Secondly, I would like to openly thank you for always being there as a great friend for me when I was feeling down depressed and alone and didnt think anyone was there for me, but in reality, you were and I am greatful for that. I appreciate our friendship and I know we barely talk from time to time, but I do value our friendship. Never change yourself for anyone. You are great as you are. People will think or say things because they don't understand or care to understand until they take the time an decency to talk to you. DDO will miss you around, but there are still times where you can pop in and say hey to us all.

Be safe, homie! (sorry had to say it LOL).

Sincerely your friend,
Marie :)
God bless!
That1User
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 12:44:29 AM
Hey there.

~Joey

Goodbye Joey, it was great knowing you. Thank you for teaching me about economics. I am proud that you have made the wise choice to focus on your studies when your focus on your studies is most important. I wish you luck in your studies, and I hope we can talk again in the future.
"Our life is what our thoughts make it."
R13; Marcus Aurelius
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius
"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." -Voltaire
"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do. "-Voltaire
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2015 7:50:06 AM
Hey there.

~Joey

I'm sorry.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~