Jump to topic:

Being mistaken for a homosexual

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 12:36:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I can't tell you how often I am mistaken for a homosexual. It happened a lot in the south, but it rarely happens now that I moved up North. I am not sure if I have changed or the people around me have, or some combination of the 2.

Here is why I may have been mistaken for being gay in the south (excluding the times I've hung out in gay clubs because drag shows are entertaining as hell, I recommend everyone personally attend one, unless you're a homophobe, than you'll have a bunch of homos jump on you and beat you down in a gayclub, and your friends will never let you live it down). I digress, but let me get back to that (no 2nd drafts bro).

People likely mistake me for gay because I can be soft spoken a lot. The reason for that is because I believe tough guys don't need to project toughness by being overtly manly. I think going out of your way to not be soft spoken is usually done out of fear of looking weak, and only the weak need to be concerned about projecting toughness.

Besides being soft spoken, I am aware I have a slightly feminine walk, and in fact probably have some stereotypically gay mannerisms I am unaware of, the ones I am aware of I try to hide, lol.

Manyway the style of walk, speech(no not the stereotypical lisp), and a few mannerisms I am mistaken for being gay by strangers or people I have recently met. I also don't speak of my personal life at all so that remains a complete mystery which probably helps the confirmation bias make people think I am gay.

It is not unusual for guys to come up to me and flirt or ask me out. I typically think any flirting is harmless and may even participate slightly to keep the situation light and possibly get a free beer (lol), though I will not use somebody, so the second round is always on me.

When gay dudes ask me out, usually I don't say "no thanks, I am straight" . I feel like it is rude to bring up my sexual orientation. I will tell them, I am down for hanging out or going to a gay club with them, but make sure they know I am not interested in anything beyond a platonic friendship.

I wonder if I am better off just being like "yo I am straight", but for some reason I think it is stupid to point out I am straight, because they never ask my sexual orientation.

I am wondering from the gay people on the site of they'd prefer a person just be like "yo I am straight", or to take my approach.

I feel like my approach even if it starts out as maybe a little more dishonest is more respectful and has a greater chance of turning into a friendship that would not be possible with the other approach.

I did make the mistake of telling one gay dude I was straight one time to test out a different response and he basically blew up at me and said If I wasn't interested I should say so instead of being a jerk and lying about my sexual orientation, lol.

What is everyone's opinions. Any of you straight people, have you been confused for being homosexual? Any of you gay people, what do you think about my approach?

Ther has only been a few times I've cringed and felt like punching a homosexual, an oddly enough those seem to be the homosexuals who try and live a straight lifestyle, not that all homosexuals that do that are "disgusting".

One time a guy in the bathroom in the next urinal complimented me on me dik, I quickly informed him that was a good way for him to receive serious bodily harm, another time I was walking through the ghetto and an incredibly large black guy started hitting on me. Typically in the ghetto, I sucker punch somebody then run like hell, but I decide to just tell this guy to fvck off. He did, so I made the right decision. I think part of the reason that guy ran off, was because I belonged there and it was obvious he was not part of that community.

The other people who have been jerks in the closet who come on to strong, were predominantly super macho redneck types. I swear to God in my experience as somebody who is mistaken for homosexual, the 2 demographics with the biggest amount of closet homosexuals are the older black men and super rednecks.

That distracts from the purpose of the thread, but I think all these details give us multiple things to discuss.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 12:42:16 PM
To sum this up for people who don't feel like reading all of that. How do you feel a straight guy should respond to a gay guys advances? And, has anyone had an experience relevant to that question ?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 1:23:32 PM
Idk.... I think being hit on is flattering... but when I'm hit on by girls (it happens less now than it did in college) it's awkward for me... and for them. But, I think the best thing to feel and do in response to unwanted sexual advances is to be gracious about it. If graciousness doesn't work, then being firm is sort of a 'reasonable next step'.
Tsar of DDO
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 1:25:26 PM
At 3/29/2015 1:23:32 PM, YYW wrote:
Idk.... I think being hit on is flattering... but when I'm hit on by girls (it happens less now than it did in college) it's awkward for me... and for them. But, I think the best thing to feel and do in response to unwanted sexual advances is to be gracious about it. If graciousness doesn't work, then being firm is sort of a 'reasonable next step'.

It does make my head blow up, which is why I am sad it doesn't happen as much. I know it's not just me moving north either, I've aged a little bit, and though my age doesn't show, my body is definitely less attractive than it used to be.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 1:38:15 PM
At 3/29/2015 1:25:26 PM, Wylted wrote:

It does make my head blow up, which is why I am sad it doesn't happen as much. I know it's not just me moving north either, I've aged a little bit, and though my age doesn't show, my body is definitely less attractive than it used to be.

Stereotypical as it may be, the older you get, the less likely that gay guys are going to hit on you...

But really, people (even, and sometimes especially gay guys) are very bad at picking up on cues with regard to who is into what. There are biological factors that suggest homosexuality, but none of them are dispositive: a counterclockwise hair whorl, forefingers that are longer than ring fingers, narrow fingerprint patterns, the eyes (although what 'gay' eyes look like is hard to describe... although I know it when I see it), effeminate gait, etc.

There really are two actual ways to distinguish gay guys and straight guys: look at their eyes and watch where their eyes go when you're in public, and pheromones. Gay guys attract other gay guys, and are attracted to other guys. Straight guys do not check out other guys. That is a behavior that is unique to gay guys.

...but none of that really matters.

Lean, fit, especially hairless guys will always get attention at gay bars because they are a universal type: they are to gay guys what blonde bombshells are to straight guys.
Tsar of DDO
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 1:41:45 PM
At 3/29/2015 1:38:15 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/29/2015 1:25:26 PM, Wylted wrote:

Stereotypical as it may be, the older you get, the less likely that gay guys are going to hit on you...

But really, people (even, and sometimes especially gay guys) are very bad at picking up on cues with regard to who is into what. There are biological factors that suggest homosexuality, but none of them are dispositive: a counterclockwise hair whorl, forefingers that are longer than ring fingers, narrow fingerprint patterns, the eyes (although what 'gay' eyes look like is hard to describe... although I know it when I see it), effeminate gait, etc.

Wow, I am so going to google that and now be paranoid about my eyes, lol.

There really are two actual ways to distinguish gay guys and straight guys: look at their eyes and watch where their eyes go when you're in public, and pheromones. Gay guys attract other gay guys, and are attracted to other guys. Straight guys do not check out other guys. That is a behavior that is unique to gay guys.

True that.

...but none of that really matters.

Lean, fit, especially hairless guys will always get attention at gay bars because they are a universal type: they are to gay guys what blonde bombshells are to straight guys.

Good to know.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 1:42:38 PM
At 3/29/2015 12:36:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
I can't tell you how often I am mistaken for a homosexual. It happened a lot in the south, but it rarely happens now that I moved up North. I am not sure if I have changed or the people around me have, or some combination of the 2.

Here is why I may have been mistaken for being gay in the south (excluding the times I've hung out in gay clubs because drag shows are entertaining as hell, I recommend everyone personally attend one, unless you're a homophobe,

Huh? You try to hide your "gay" mannerisms but a person not wanting to "hang out" in a gay club is a homophobe??? Why do you try to hide them?

... than you'll have a bunch of homos jump on you and beat you down in a gayclub, and your friends will never let you live it down). I digress, but let me get back to that (no 2nd drafts bro).

People likely mistake me for gay because I can be soft spoken a lot. The reason for that is because I believe tough guys don't need to project toughness by being overtly manly.

lol Suuuure. You're in a gay club where the music is 128 decibels at it's lowest. For a straight guy, you're seem overly concerned with being "manly".

I think going out of your way to not be soft spoken is usually done out of fear of looking weak, and only the weak need to be concerned about projecting toughness.

Besides being soft spoken, I am aware I have a slightly feminine walk, and in fact probably have some stereotypically gay mannerisms I am unaware of, the ones I am aware of I try to hide, lol.

But why? Could it be homophobia?

Manyway the style of walk, speech(no not the stereotypical lisp), and a few mannerisms I am mistaken for being gay by strangers or people I have recently met. I also don't speak of my personal life at all so that remains a complete mystery which probably helps the confirmation bias make people think I am gay.

Or maybe you're shortly going to find out something you didn't know about yourself.

It is not unusual for guys to come up to me and flirt or ask me out. I typically think any flirting is harmless and may even participate slightly to keep the situation light and possibly get a free beer (lol), though I will not use somebody, so the second round is always on me.

When gay dudes ask me out, usually I don't say "no thanks, I am straight" . I feel like it is rude to bring up my sexual orientation. I will tell them, I am down for hanging out or going to a gay club with them, but make sure they know I am not interested in anything beyond a platonic friendship.

I wonder if I am better off just being like "yo I am straight", but for some reason I think it is stupid to point out I am straight, because they never ask my sexual orientation.

Yes, they assume it. And it seems with good reason.

I am wondering from the gay people on the site of they'd prefer a person just be like "yo I am straight", or to take my approach.

I feel like my approach even if it starts out as maybe a little more dishonest is more respectful and has a greater chance of turning into a friendship that would not be possible with the other approach.

Why would telling a gay person that you're straight curtail a future friendship? Are you judging homosexuals or heterosexuals here? Gays expect us to love them when they tell us they're gay. Or else we're homophobes. but say you're straight and they're outta there?

I did make the mistake of telling one gay dude I was straight one time to test out a different response and he basically blew up at me and said If I wasn't interested I should say so instead of being a jerk and lying about my sexual orientation, lol.

He probably did not believe that you sincerely didn't know.

What is everyone's opinions. Any of you straight people, have you been confused for being homosexual? Any of you gay people, what do you think about my approach?

I have never been confused but I have had gay guys who are into 'straight" guys approach me. They regretted doing so.

Ther has only been a few times I've cringed and felt like punching a homosexual, an oddly enough those seem to be the homosexuals who try and live a straight lifestyle, not that all homosexuals that do that are "disgusting".

A homosexual who suppresses his gay mannerisms is disgusting, but you aren't when you do the same thing? Why, because he's really gay? Are his mannerisms any less natural to him than yours are to you? I find your hypocrisy and judgmental attitude on the issue disgusting.

One time a guy in the bathroom in the next urinal complimented me on me dik, I quickly informed him that was a good way for him to receive serious bodily harm,

lol, You were probably talking too low in an attempt to not seem as if you were trying to project strength.

...another time I was walking through the ghetto and an incredibly large black guy started hitting on me. Typically in the ghetto, I sucker punch somebody then run like hell,

I guess we can now see that you aren't a homophobe or a racist.

...but I decide to just tell this guy to fvck off. He did, so I made the right decision. I think part of the reason that guy ran off, was because I belonged there and it was obvious he was not part of that community.

You "belonged" in the ghetto?

The other people who have been jerks in the closet who come on to strong, were predominantly super macho redneck types. I swear to God in my experience as somebody who is mistaken for homosexual, the 2 demographics with the biggest amount of closet homosexuals are the older black men and super rednecks.

You can tell the closet homos huh?

That distracts from the purpose of the thread, but I think all these details give us multiple things to discuss.

Ah, I'm just having fun. I didn't believe a word of your post.

You are racist tho.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 2:05:37 PM
At 3/29/2015 1:42:38 PM, ethang5 wrote:
Huh? You try to hide your "gay" mannerisms but a person not wanting to "hang out" in a gay club is a homophobe??? Why do you try to hide them?

I don't try not to be contradictory, it is the nature of man to be contradictory. I do however try to figure out why the contradictions exist. The hiding of the mannerisms probably have a lot more to do with my social anxiety. I try not to stand out in any way. I dress and act as conservative as possible to blend in, effeminate hand gestures will make me stand out. So it isn't really about being a homophobe as it is about trying to blend in.

I also didn't say anyone who refuses to go to a gay club is a homophobe, it was a warning for homophobes to stay away, because despite being gay, the gay guys are still guys and often can easily whip people's behinds for being jerks. It is the same type of thing you'd be concerned about in any location with a bunch of young people and drinking going on

lol Suuuure. You're in a gay club where the music is 128 decibels at it's lowest. For a straight guy, you're seem overly concerned with being "manly".

Not sure if that is sarcasm. Are you accusing me of being gay or of lying about not caring if I look manly?

I think going out of your way to not be soft spoken is usually done out of fear of looking weak, and only the weak need to be concerned about projecting toughness.

Nope, read previous points about it, but it is certainly a reasonable question to ask. I can't blame you for applying Occam's razor to conclude that, but it leaves out the details about my social anxiety, which I am sure more than a few people can sympathize with on this forum.

Or maybe you're shortly going to find out something you didn't know about yourself.

Lol, I am 32. I know what I am. I assure you if I was gay, I would neither hide it or flaunt it.

I assume the reason was good, but not accurate. I always figured it was just wishful thinking but obviously there is more to it.

Why would telling a gay person that you're straight curtail a future friendship? Are you judging homosexuals or heterosexuals here? Gays expect us to love them when they tell us they're gay. Or else we're homophobes. but say you're straight and they're outta there?

It is true. I probably wouldn't have as many female friends as I do, if it wasn't in the back of my head, that they could change their mind about not having sex with me at any moment. Being honest about my sexuality is one thing, but why would I go out of my way to clear up misconceptions?

I have never been confused but I have had gay guys who are into 'straight" guys approach me. They regretted doing so.

A homosexual who suppresses his gay mannerisms is disgusting, but you aren't when you do the same thing? Why, because he's really gay? Are his mannerisms any less natural to him than yours are to you? I find your hypocrisy and judgmental attitude on the issue disgusting.

Thanks for letting me know.

One time a guy in the bathroom in the next urinal complimented me on me dik, I quickly informed him that was a good way for him to receive serious bodily harm,

lol, You were probably talking too low in an attempt to not seem as if you were trying to project strength.

Well I projected strength afterword.

...another time I was walking through the ghetto and an incredibly large black guy started hitting on me. Typically in the ghetto, I sucker punch somebody then run like hell,

Race certainly factors into how I treat people. I think it is important we are honest with ourselves. If it makes you feel any better, if it were a white guy in a black neighborhood, I probably would have been more scared and would have literally gotten extremely violent. There is a reason to be scared of black people at 3 am in a rough neighborhood approaching you about sex. I would hope that you would be rude to a person in that situation, I would also hope that if a white person approached with that same thing to realize he is even more dangerous, and you should quickly analyze whether he is a cop or not and make the right action, either running or leaving him on the brink of death.

...but I decide to just tell this guy to fvck off. He did, so I made the right decision. I think part of the reason that guy ran off, was because I belonged there and it was obvious he was not part of that community.

Now who is being racist? Yeah why not? Not all black people belong in the ghetto. Not all white people belong in the burbs. If you are from the hood people know you and will respect you more than an outsider, regardless of race.

When they try to get in my pants, yes.

Ah, I'm just having fun. I didn't believe a word of your post.

You are racist tho.

Not the first time, I've heard that. You should know the only people
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 3:14:56 PM
At 3/29/2015 12:42:16 PM, Wylted wrote:
To sum this up for people who don't feel like reading all of that. How do you feel a straight guy should respond to a gay guys advances? And, has anyone had an experience relevant to that question ?

I would take it as flattering. I would enjoy it if a gay guy hits on me.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 4:26:13 PM
At 3/29/2015 2:05:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/29/2015 1:42:38 PM, ethang5 wrote:

I don't try not to be contradictory, it is the nature of man to be contradictory.

It is the nature of who undervalue logic at least.

I also didn't say anyone who refuses to go to a gay club is a homophobe,

You strongly implied it.

Not sure if that is sarcasm. Are you accusing me of being gay or of lying about not caring if I look manly?

The latter.

... the ones I am aware of I try to hide, lol.

Nope, read previous points about it, but it is certainly a reasonable question to ask. I can't blame you for applying Occam's razor to conclude that, but it leaves out the details about my social anxiety, which I am sure more than a few people can sympathize with on this forum.

You suffer from social anxiety but frequent gay clubs and love it when gay men flirt with you? And you often flirt back? Ok.

Lol, I am 32. I know what I am. I assure you if I was gay, I would neither hide it or flaunt it.

What you mean is, if you KNEW you were gay. Some guys find out only after marriage and kids. Not all of them were faking it. Some simply didn't know.

I assume the reason was good, but not accurate. I always figured it was just wishful thinking but obviously there is more to it.

Obviously.

It is true. I probably wouldn't have as many female friends as I do, if it wasn't in the back of my head, that they could change their mind about not having sex with me at any moment. Being honest about my sexuality is one thing, but why would I go out of my way to clear up misconceptions?

You paint a flattering picture of the gay man.

Thanks for letting me know.

Oh where are my manners?! I also should have thanked you when you let me know of your disgust. Thank you for letting me know.

Well I projected strength afterword.

I'm sure you did. Were there weird circular holes in the bathroom walls? Was it a restroom in a public park? Just curious.

Race certainly factors into how I treat people.

You don't say.

I think it is important we are honest with ourselves.

True honesty does not result in one being more comfortable with their bigotry.

If it makes you feel any better, if it were a white guy in a black neighborhood, I probably would have been more scared and would have literally gotten extremely violent.

Yeah, I believe you.

There is a reason to be scared of black people at 3 am in a rough neighborhood approaching you about sex.

There is reason to be scared of any people at 3 am in rough neighborhoods approaching you about sex. But we get why you profiled blacks.

I would hope that you would be rude to a person in that situation, I would also hope that if a white person approached with that same thing to realize he is even more dangerous, and you should quickly analyze whether he is a cop or not and make the right action, either running or leaving him on the brink of death.

A real Gangsta you are huh. The white guy might be a cop. lol.

Now who is being racist?

You. Blacks who live in the ghetto don't call it the Ghetto. The would say, "Once when I was walking home..." not, "Once when I was walking through the Ghetto...."

Yeah why not?

I don't know. If you were walking through, why do you think you "belonged" there and the black guy didn't?

Not all black people belong in the ghetto.

Get outta town. Really?

Not all white people belong in the burbs.

No way man.

If you are from the hood people know you and will respect you more than an outsider, regardless of race.

So you're from the hood? lol

You flirt with a guy and you're just a straight man being polite and having fun, but an older black man flirting with you is a closet homo. Got it.

You seem to be denying most of those discussions.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 5:00:34 PM
At 3/29/2015 4:26:13 PM, ethang5 wrote:

It is the nature of who undervalue logic at least.

Not at all. As humans our motives can be quite complicated, we are prone to change our mind frequently as well, so worrying about contradictions is fruitless.

You strongly implied it.

Not even remotely. Reread it.

The latter.

Cool.

... the ones I am aware of I try to hide, lol.

You suffer from social anxiety but frequent gay clubs and love it when gay men flirt with you? And you often flirt back? Ok.

There are no gay clubs in my area, so I have none to go to unless I want to drive for like 2 hours, so that no longer applies :(

What you mean is, if you KNEW you were gay. Some guys find out only after marriage and kids. Not all of them were faking it. Some simply didn't know.

I am sure they had some doubts about their sexuality. I can't imagine somebody having no clue. They probably enjoyed performing anal on their wife too much or a finger in their behind. There had to be some sort of hint along those lines, I would think, but who knows.

Obviously.

Cool, I feel like you are playing some sort of game where you try to gay bait people, while implying you aren't a bigot, but I can't imagine somebody who is not a bigot doing that.

You paint a flattering picture of the gay man.

You are welcome, for that.

You sound like a jerk. Why not just be civil and decline their invitation. Is okay to also make a woman you are not interested in "regret", approaching you.

Oh where are my manners?! I also should have thanked you when you let me know of your disgust. Thank you for letting me know.

I'm sure you did. Were there weird circular holes in the bathroom walls? Was it a restroom in a public park? Just curious.

Is there a reason you are making such insulting and homophobic remarks? Are you American? Did you know I live in an area that is within 2 hours driving distance of 25% of the population of America?

Race certainly factors into how I treat people.

You don't say.

I think it is important we are honest with ourselves.

True honesty does not result in one being more comfortable with their bigotry.

You're an idiot. I can point you to tests online that can determine subconscious bias against other races. In one of Malcolm Gladwell's books, he mentions taking the test and it showing he had an inherent bias against blacks. This is a guy who is half black himself and from all outward appearances doesn't have a racist bone in his body. If you think you don't have any bias within you, than you are in denial.

If it makes you feel any better, if it were a white guy in a black neighborhood, I probably would have been more scared and would have literally gotten extremely violent.

Yeah, I believe you.

There is a reason to be scared of black people at 3 am in a rough neighborhood approaching you about sex.

There is reason to be scared of any people at 3 am in rough neighborhoods approaching you about sex. But we get why you profiled blacks.

Because black people and white people are different. You can say being colorblind is an option, but it is only an option for idiots.

I would hope that you would be rude to a person in that situation, I would also hope that if a white person approached with that same thing to realize he is even more dangerous, and you should quickly analyze whether he is a cop or not and make the right action, either running or leaving him on the brink of death.

A real Gangsta you are huh. The white guy might be a cop. lol.

Definitely not a gangsta, but yes in a black neighborhood a white guy is typically either a cop or an extremely dangerous idiot. I don't expect you to know that. I assume you've been in nothing but middle class white neighborhoods your whole life.

Now who is being racist?

You. Blacks who live in the ghetto don't call it the Ghetto. The would say, "Once when I was walking home..." not, "Once when I was walking through the Ghetto...."

Yes they would.

Yeah why not?

I don't know. If you were walking through, why do you think you "belonged" there and the black guy didn't?

Not all black people belong in the ghetto.

Get outta town. Really?

Yes, though your comments made fun of the fact, that I would spot somebody who didn't belong.

Not all white people belong in the burbs.

No way man.

True, though earlier you implied different.

If you are from the hood people know you and will respect you more than an outsider, regardless of race.

So you're from the hood? lol

What the hell is so funny about what I am saying? I am not bragging about anything or trying to give you a glass perspective. You are honestly being racist once again, busy assuming white people could have beve lived in predominantly black areas.

You flirt with a guy and you're just a straight man being polite and having fun, but an older black man flirting with you is a closet homo. Got it.

Flirt back idiot, harmless. If you're afraid to flirt back with somebody you aren't attracted to than you are the jerk not me.

You seem to be denying most of those discussions.

No you are just intent on making personal attacks against me by calling me gay. The fact you think that is an insult makes you a bigot. You are also attacking me by calling me a bigot, while simultaneously making fun of comments that allude to a specific black person not belonging in the ghetto, and making fun of the fact any white person would ever live in the ghetto.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 8:45:09 PM

Here is why I may have been mistaken for being gay in the south (excluding the times I've hung out in gay clubs because drag shows are entertaining as hell, I recommend everyone personally attend one, unless you're a homophobe, than you'll have a bunch of homos jump on you and beat you down in a gayclub, and your friends will never let you live it down). I digress, but let me get back to that (no 2nd drafts bro).

People likely mistake me for gay because I can be soft spoken a lot. The reason for that is because I believe tough guys don't need to project toughness by being overtly manly. I think going out of your way to not be soft spoken is usually done out of fear of looking weak, and only the weak need to be concerned about projecting toughness.

One time a guy in the bathroom in the next urinal complimented me on me dik, I quickly informed him that was a good way for him to receive serious bodily harm, another time I was walking through the ghetto and an incredibly large black guy started hitting on me. Typically in the ghetto, I sucker punch somebody then run like hell, but I decide to just tell this guy to fvck off. He did, so I made the right decision. I think part of the reason that guy ran off, was because I belonged there and it was obvious he was not part of that community.

I'm guessing you hanging out in gay bars is getting around the grape vine
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 8:46:17 PM
At 3/29/2015 8:45:09 PM, sadolite wrote:

Lol, that is certainly a possibility.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2015 8:47:36 PM
At 3/29/2015 8:46:17 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/29/2015 8:45:09 PM, sadolite wrote:

Lol, that is certainly a possibility.

yep
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 3:21:48 AM
At 3/29/2015 12:42:16 PM, Wylted wrote:
How do you feel a straight guy should respond to a gay guys advances? And, has anyone had an experience relevant to that question ?

I don't really mind when a gay guy hits on me. I take it as a compliment even though I don't reciprocate. Usually they'll pick up on the fact that I don't swing that way based on my lack of response, and unless they are being overly-aggressive, I see no reason to be rude or forceful. If you must respond with something more than body language, a simple "I'm flattered but not interested" would suffice. It's polite and gets to the point.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Tumblrnatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 4:07:46 AM

Why is it that girls with short hair are assumed to be lesbian? I have short hair and I am not a lesbian. What has today's society become?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 7:34:30 AM
At 3/30/2015 4:07:46 AM, Tumblrnatic wrote:

Why is it that girls with short hair are assumed to be lesbian? I have short hair and I am not a lesbian. What has today's society become?

I always assume girls are lying when they say they are lesbian anyway.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 7:35:57 AM
I think I have an ego issue and this thread was just a roundabout way of bragging about being sexy as hell.

I figured it would be too obvious what I was doing if I bitched about how it gets tiring turning down supermodels.
Tumblrnatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 7:36:11 AM
At 3/30/2015 7:34:30 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/30/2015 4:07:46 AM, Tumblrnatic wrote:

I always assume girls are lying when they say they are lesbian anyway.

Why do you automatically assume that?
Tumblrnatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 7:37:56 AM
At 3/30/2015 7:37:02 AM, Wylted wrote:
Tumblr, I assume that because I am trying to sleep with them.

GRR, I hate today's society. All they care about is sex!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 7:41:21 AM
At 3/30/2015 7:37:56 AM, Tumblrnatic wrote:

It is man's quest to extend his life. Women typically look for traits that extend her chances of survival in a man, and is why they like dominant alpha males. Men look to extend their life with replication and look for traits in women that signify fertility, such as wide hips, big breasts, and young and even features.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 7:42:05 AM

Is that why your hair is short? You have intimacy issues?
Tumblrnatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 7:44:38 AM
At 3/30/2015 7:42:05 AM, Wylted wrote:

No, I cut it short to raise money for charity.
Tumblrnatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 7:45:25 AM
At 3/30/2015 7:41:21 AM, Wylted wrote:

It is man's quest to extend his life. Women typically look for traits that extend her chances of survival in a man, and is why they like dominant alpha males. Men look to extend their life with replication and look for traits in women that signify fertility, such as wide hips, big breasts, and young and even features.

Stereotypical bloke like I assumed
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 7:46:03 AM
At 3/30/2015 7:44:38 AM, Tumblrnatic wrote:
At 3/30/2015 7:42:05 AM, Wylted wrote:

No, I cut it short to raise money for charity.

Nice, good for you (tone: sincerity)
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 7:48:19 AM
At 3/30/2015 7:45:25 AM, Tumblrnatic wrote:

Yes. There are a few people who deviate from that, but people generally look for 2 things in a mate S and R (survival and replication). Men typically value S higher than R, but the weight of these values and the subjectivity of them can show some contrasts in preferred mate selections.

You have the same biological urges and weights as part of your psychology.
Tumblrnatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 7:54:19 AM
At 3/30/2015 7:48:19 AM, Wylted wrote:

Yes. There are a few people who deviate from that, but people generally look for 2 things in a mate S and R (survival and replication). Men typically value S higher than R, but the weight of these values and the subjectivity of them can show some contrasts in preferred mate selections.

I know but I choose to ignore them
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 7:57:00 AM
At 3/30/2015 7:54:19 AM, Tumblrnatic wrote:

Good luck gm fighting your own biological urges that have been programmed into your DNA.

What superior method do you have for judging the quality of a mate than Mother Nature, out of curiousity?
Tumblrnatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 7:57:53 AM
At 3/30/2015 7:57:00 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/30/2015 7:54:19 AM, Tumblrnatic wrote:

Good luck gm fighting your own biological urges that have been programmed into your DNA.

What superior method do you have for judging the quality of a mate than Mother Nature, out of curiousity?

Personality