Jump to topic:

I need advice.

LiberalProlifer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 7:27:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I like to post videos and articles fror people to comment on. An unnamed user has reported me for spam. Is it spam to post links for debate?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 7:44:58 PM
At 4/3/2015 7:27:07 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
I like to post videos and articles fror people to comment on. An unnamed user has reported me for spam. Is it spam to post links for debate?

Maybe if you started a debate and posted them in the debate you wouldn't have this problem.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
LiberalProlifer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 8:22:44 PM
At 4/3/2015 7:44:58 PM, sadolite wrote:

Maybe if you started a debate and posted them in the debate you wouldn't have this problem.

Fair enough. I will.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:15:26 PM

I didn't report you, but it is spammy to post a thread with just a video link on it. Maybe you should write out your thoughts on the video a little and a short description. You'd probably get more discussion on it that way as well.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:28:35 PM

They were just joking.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:28:52 PM

You obviously aren't 33.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

LiberalProlifer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:51:49 PM
At 4/3/2015 9:15:26 PM, Wylted wrote:

I didn't report you, but it is spammy to post a thread with just a video link on it. Maybe you should write out your thoughts on the video a little and a short description. You'd probably get more discussion on it that way as well.
I was talking about another user.
LiberalProlifer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:53:44 PM
At 4/3/2015 9:28:35 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

They were just joking.

LOL, sorry. I didn't see a smiley.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:54:04 PM
At 4/3/2015 9:53:44 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/3/2015 9:28:35 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

They were just joking.

LOL, sorry. I didn't see a smiley.

It's called sarcasm.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2015 9:54:58 PM
At 4/3/2015 9:15:26 PM, Wylted wrote:

bump
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 12:15:17 AM

You should, at the very least, say what the video is about, and what you want discussed.
Also, generally, the OP shares its own insight on a topic or asks a question.

Simply posting a video does none of this, and I rarely click on a link that has no description whatsoever as to its content.
My work here is, finally, done.
LiberalProlifer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2015 7:37:54 PM
At 4/4/2015 12:15:17 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

You should, at the very least, say what the video is about, and what you want discussed.
Also, generally, the OP shares its own insight on a topic or asks a question.

Simply posting a video does none of this, and I rarely click on a link that has no description whatsoever as to its content.
I thought I did with the title. I an sorry.