Jump to topic:

My experience with gangs

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 10:27:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
When i was 13, i almost joined Islamic terrorists (guess that counts as a gang?). How could i think of such a thing? It started when i was fed propaganda (Guantanamo bay, American corruption, etc.) I saw the "evils" of this country and i hated America. I was naive because they promised me devotion to God, brotherhood, and justice. Everything they taught appealed to me. I was willing to shoot people, spy, be a suicide bomber, whatever cuz i wanted to see America destroyed. I almost worked as a sleeper agent and did horrible things to show my devotion to Islam. I knew i'd get executed for treason but i didn't care. What changed? I looked in the mirror 1 day and it was like i was staring in the face of death. I saw an executioner with no regard for any life (kids, men, women, etc.) and i was terrified. I realized their cause was pure evil and that the only way to change the world was through Jesus' love. It brought me closer to God.

What about you? Reason for this post is to create an environment where it's "safe" to talk about very disturbing memories.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 11:38:29 AM
I've been around a few gangs, but would never join one. Had a bunch of friends in Folk Nation and a local small gang that just had a handful of members.

I don't really understand the appeal. What's the point? Even if you wanted to be a Jihadist, a small cell of just a couple of members or with a single member is more dangerous than being a small cell officially recognized by the core of the group, which has almost assuredly been infiltrated by spies.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 10:08:49 AM
At 4/7/2015 11:38:29 AM, Wylted wrote:
I've been around a few gangs, but would never join one. Had a bunch of friends in Folk Nation and a local small gang that just had a handful of members.

I don't really understand the appeal. What's the point? Even if you wanted to be a Jihadist, a small cell of just a couple of members or with a single member is more dangerous than being a small cell officially recognized by the core of the group, which has almost assuredly been infiltrated by spies.

Umm mind sharing?

Well that wasn't the point of the post, but ok..I said i was looking for brotherhood not working alone...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 2:46:23 PM
At 4/8/2015 10:08:49 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 4/7/2015 11:38:29 AM, Wylted wrote:

Umm mind sharing?

Well that wasn't the point of the post, but ok..I said i was looking for brotherhood not working alone...

The brotherhood part never even crossed my mind, I just always think of results.

Do I mind sharing what? The infiltration of these terrorist groups by CIA?

Yeah the CIA has assets in most of them or have infiltrated them directly and special forces are often involved in creating them for short term usage, such as overthrow or destabilizing a government who won't play ball with us.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 8:16:44 PM
At 4/7/2015 10:27:43 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
When i was 13, i almost joined Islamic terrorists (guess that counts as a gang?). How could i think of such a thing? It started when i was fed propaganda (Guantanamo bay, American corruption, etc.) I saw the "evils" of this country and i hated America. I was naive because they promised me devotion to God, brotherhood, and justice. Everything they taught appealed to me. I was willing to shoot people, spy, be a suicide bomber, whatever cuz i wanted to see America destroyed. I almost worked as a sleeper agent and did horrible things to show my devotion to Islam. I knew i'd get executed for treason but i didn't care. What changed? I looked in the mirror 1 day and it was like i was staring in the face of death. I saw an executioner with no regard for any life (kids, men, women, etc.) and i was terrified. I realized their cause was pure evil and that the only way to change the world was through Jesus' love. It brought me closer to God.

What about you? Reason for this post is to create an environment where it's "safe" to talk about very disturbing memories.

Okay, dude...I'm beginning to think that you're making this stuff up.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 8:50:40 AM

I belong to a group, but there are no meetings, just a simply realization.

Life is but a joke ( a cruel one at that)
There must be some way out of here
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 12:01:46 PM
At 4/13/2015 8:16:44 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Okay, dude...I'm beginning to think that you're making this stuff up.

Believe what you want.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 12:02:16 PM
At 4/14/2015 8:50:40 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

I belong to a group, but there are no meetings, just a simply realization.

Life is but a joke ( a cruel one at that)
There must be some way out of here

realization?