Jump to topic:

Why i hesitate to date Christian girls

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 12:04:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm reluctant to open up to my own people. It starts with a nice Christian gal noticing a long haired "outcast" like me. She feels me out under the impression i'm a godly young man who loves God. When she sees my controversial Biblical beliefs and my scientific inclinations to things, she claims i'm perverting God's Word then leaves. The whole thing repeats again.

I'm not gonna change just cuz your offended by me. If that's the reason you dump me, i'll drop the relationship like the trash out of my house and won't regret it. Maybe i'll have better luck with foreigners or non-believers who listen.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 12:09:54 PM
At 4/7/2015 12:04:25 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I'm reluctant to open up to my own people. It starts with a nice Christian gal noticing a long haired "outcast" like me. She feels me out under the impression i'm a godly young man who loves God. When she sees my controversial Biblical beliefs and my scientific inclinations to things, she claims i'm perverting God's Word then leaves. The whole thing repeats again.

I'm not gonna change just cuz your offended by me. If that's the reason you dump me, i'll drop the relationship like the trash out of my house and won't regret it. Maybe i'll have better luck with foreigners or non-believers who listen.

--

What are your thoughts on God?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 12:13:09 PM
At 4/7/2015 12:09:54 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

--

Same as any other Christian (omnipotent, omnipresent, all loving, etc.) but how he works is completely different from what most Christians believe. Like i believe that it's not a sin to date non-believers.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 12:51:02 PM
Dating someone with strong ideological beliefs can always be an issue if they aren't shared, regardless of what those beliefs may be. Having any kind of religiosity would be a deal-breaker for me.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 12:59:34 PM
At 4/7/2015 12:51:02 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Dating someone with strong ideological beliefs can always be an issue if they aren't shared, regardless of what those beliefs may be. Having any kind of religiosity would be a deal-breaker for me.

Exactly. They may say they don't care about it, but by them prying into my beliefs it's obvious they do. I dislike American Christianity honestly. Maybe not all of it, but alot of it. I can't reason with someone who thinks that just cuz i believe in evolution, i'm atheistic.

Alot of Christian girls come off as fake to me. Like i can kinda tell who's real and who isn't by the phrases they use, how they talk, etc. and it kinda saddens me that i'm cast out of my own community.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 1:20:44 PM
At 4/7/2015 12:59:34 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Exactly. They may say they don't care about it, but by them prying into my beliefs it's obvious they do. I dislike American Christianity honestly. Maybe not all of it, but alot of it. I can't reason with someone who thinks that just cuz i believe in evolution, i'm atheistic.

Alot of Christian girls come off as fake to me. Like i can kinda tell who's real and who isn't by the phrases they use, how they talk, etc. and it kinda saddens me that i'm cast out of my own community.

American Christianity (especially most of the evangelical variety) is really pretty narrow minded - with not a whole lot of theological depth. Instead of viewing science as a means of better understanding God, they view it as an enemy because it conflicts with their preconceived notions.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 1:26:23 PM
At 4/7/2015 1:20:44 PM, Geogeer wrote:

American Christianity (especially most of the evangelical variety) is really pretty narrow minded - with not a whole lot of theological depth. Instead of viewing science as a means of better understanding God, they view it as an enemy because it conflicts with their preconceived notions.

Thank you! About time someone agreed with me! I don't mind dating any girl from any denomination (Baptist, Oneness Pentecostal, Calvinist, Lutheran, etc.) Respect my freedom and i'll respect yours. When they try to change me, that's when i draw the line. I've angered a bunch of Christians for believing differently. I can also claim to be doing the will of God by trying to convert you to what i believe but i don't.

It's hard establishing a relationship with someone who refuses to have common grounds.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 1:37:47 PM
At 4/7/2015 1:26:23 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Thank you! About time someone agreed with me! I don't mind dating any girl from any denomination (Baptist, Oneness Pentecostal, Calvinist, Lutheran, etc.) Respect my freedom and i'll respect yours. When they try to change me, that's when i draw the line. I've angered a bunch of Christians for believing differently. I can also claim to be doing the will of God by trying to convert you to what i believe but i don't.

It's hard establishing a relationship with someone who refuses to have common grounds.

I went of 3 or 4 dates with an very nice evangelical girl. I knew that there was no way it would work long term - so I called it off before we became too attached. I'm way too strong in my beliefs to compromise to "make something work". After that I knew it was going to be a nice Catholic girl or that I would remain single.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 1:42:34 PM
At 4/7/2015 1:37:47 PM, Geogeer wrote:

I went of 3 or 4 dates with an very nice evangelical girl. I knew that there was no way it would work long term - so I called it off before we became too attached. I'm way too strong in my beliefs to compromise to "make something work". After that I knew it was going to be a nice Catholic girl or that I would remain single.

Same here bro. I'm wondering if i should even bother going with a Christian girl at all. They just don't seem very accepting with the exception of some. Sadly, i know atheist girls who behave alot better than Christians.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 1:46:23 PM
At 4/7/2015 1:42:34 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Same here bro. I'm wondering if i should even bother going with a Christian girl at all. They just don't seem very accepting with the exception of some. Sadly, i know atheist girls who behave alot better than Christians.

I personally would be careful there. Not because atheists cannot be moral people, but because you will eventually run into serious problems with children. When you have children the parents must be in lock step on major issues. As your faith is the most fundamental issue in your life, it could be very difficult and cause considerable friction in the house.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 1:48:45 PM

I don't usually date Christian girls, but I will marry one someday. I think Christian girls tend to have a higher moral code than most other non-religious girls, and those high morals are something I'd value in regards to who I want raising my children. I can understand your frustration regarding how your views sometimes to against theirs, and lost a Mormon girl onetime because I wouldn't convert to Mormonism. It happens man, just take the loss like a champ and move on to the next.

Additionally, there's nothing wrong with being alone at your age. You've got plenty of life to live still and more than enough time to find the right one.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 1:51:36 PM
At 4/7/2015 1:46:23 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 4/7/2015 1:42:34 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

I personally would be careful there. Not because atheists cannot be moral people, but because you will eventually run into serious problems with children. When you have children the parents must be in lock step on major issues. As your faith is the most fundamental issue in your life, it could be very difficult and cause considerable friction in the house.

Yea looking back at the past girls i liked, i see a variation of beliefs. Like 1 girl i asked out was totally fine with my beliefs (feisty in debating me on it lol). She was Anglican and despite our differences, beliefs didn't matter there. I've also took a shot at another woman but she couldn't respect my religion. Not too sure about others.

You have a point and i'm very cautious on who i pick but for the most part, i will choose to raise my children as critical thinkers and rather than force them Christianity, i will expose them to it.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 1:58:48 PM
I don't usually date Christian girls, but I will marry one someday. I think Christian girls tend to have a higher moral code than most other non-religious girls, and those high morals are something I'd value in regards to who I want raising my children. I can understand your frustration regarding how your views sometimes to against theirs, and lost a Mormon girl onetime because I wouldn't convert to Mormonism. It happens man, just take the loss like a champ and move on to the next.

Additionally, there's nothing wrong with being alone at your age. You've got plenty of life to live still and more than enough time to find the right one.

Really man? come on LOL! I kinda disagree on you there. While they may have a higher moral code, a "holier than thou" attitude is what will make you back out. Not to mention missionary dating. Knowing you, i highly doubt you'd convert to Christianity just to please your spouse. Christian girls are very serious and aggressive in "re-educating" you to fit their standards.

About your loss, that's the BS that pisses me the hell off. Wow so you only wanted to convert him to Mormonism for your own selfish desires? That's low! Then again i've wanted to do it too but i regret it. Seriously Addison, i'd be very careful on messing with Christian girls cuz you might find yourself in another missionary dating relationship. Thanks though, i do have my whole life ahead of me.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 4:41:13 PM

You better like socialism and entitlement if you date a foreigner. I married one trust me on this. Now it's for better or worse. Had I known before hand, I would have not married. We don't discuss social issues at all, there is no point and no common ground. We talk about mindless crap which gets old fast, for me anyway. That's why I come here to discuss politics and social issues.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 6:08:30 PM
At 4/7/2015 1:58:48 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Really man? come on LOL! I kinda disagree on you there. While they may have a higher moral code, a "holier than thou" attitude is what will make you back out. Not to mention missionary dating. Knowing you, i highly doubt you'd convert to Christianity just to please your spouse. Christian girls are very serious and aggressive in "re-educating" you to fit their standards.

About your loss, that's the BS that pisses me the hell off. Wow so you only wanted to convert him to Mormonism for your own selfish desires? That's low! Then again i've wanted to do it too but i regret it. Seriously Addison, i'd be very careful on messing with Christian girls cuz you might find yourself in another missionary dating relationship. Thanks though, i do have my whole life ahead of me.

Your opinion on Christian females seems highly stereotypical.
Genghis_Khan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 6:20:50 PM
Having any kind of religiosity would be a deal-breaker for me.

...why?
anything your heart desires
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 6:51:05 PM
At 4/7/2015 6:08:30 PM, RevNge wrote:

Mostly why I've stayed out of this conversation. But I really want to take him down a couple pegs
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 6:53:43 PM
At 4/7/2015 12:13:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

--

Same as any other Christian (omnipotent, omnipresent, all loving, etc.) but how he works is completely different from what most Christians believe. Like i believe that it's not a sin to date non-believers.

You... don't tell your girlfriends that you think it's okay to date non-Christians, right? Because that might come across a little wrong...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 7:09:34 PM
At 4/7/2015 6:20:50 PM, Genghis_Khan wrote:

...why?

Because of my own strong anti-religion ideology.
- lamerde

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 8:33:22 PM

Well I wouldn't necessarily date a "holier than thou" christian. The Mormon girl I dated last summer was really a free-thinker. She often questioned the teachings of the church, which is what stood out to me in the first place. Ultimately though, with her it could never be because I really did need to convert to Mormonism before we could get serious. I just wasn't willing to do that. I thought about it, seriously, but decided against it in the long-run, I just can't live a lie like that. If the christian girl I'm dating is one of those hardcore Christians, then it wouldn't work. The type of girl I'm attracted to though isn't like that, so I'm really not too worried about it. I've met a few christian girls who are fine with my agnosticism, mostly because I've made it clear that I have no problem sending my future children to a private christian school or going to church on Sundays. It's all about compromise, that's one of the key elements of a successful relationship.

In her case, it wasn't out of her own selfish desires, but rather the selfish desires of her family, especially her father. They were very... devout Mormons, and she was kinda the black sheep of the family because of that. So he was naturally over-protective of her because he knows that she has doubts in her mind. It just wasn't gonna happen, either I play by their rules only, or I hit the road. I chose to walk away.

I agree that it's a fine-line to walk when dating religious girls while being non-religious myself. What helps is that I'm agnostic, so it's not like I completely disagree with them, I just haven't made up my mind yet on the matter. What also helps is my willingness to compromise, such as letting my future children go to church with their mother, or sending them to a private christian school. It's not all bad. Ultimately, a god-fearing woman who follows a religion that teaches that we should love one another seems like a smart choice in my mind. She'll obviously have to be free enough in her mind to accept my own position, just as I will accept hers. If that never happens, then I'll most likely just never get married.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Genghis_Khan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 8:56:30 PM
At 4/7/2015 7:09:34 PM, Maikuru wrote:

...why?

Well yes obviously, but why does someone being religious automatically entail them not being a fitting spouse for you? Is it because of the potential for child indoctrination?
anything your heart desires
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 9:40:15 PM
At 4/7/2015 8:56:30 PM, Genghis_Khan wrote:
At 4/7/2015 7:09:34 PM, Maikuru wrote:

...why?

Well yes obviously, but why does someone being religious automatically entail them not being a fitting spouse for you? Is it because of the potential for child indoctrination?

Dealing with differences in decision-making is a big part of it, yes. I'm also not interested in navigating the potentially stark differences in social and personal beliefs.
- lamerde

Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2015 9:54:29 PM

It seems that despite being a christian yourself Christians are the ones giving you the most problems. At least when it comes to virginity and women.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 9:45:03 AM
At 4/7/2015 8:33:22 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Well I wouldn't necessarily date a "holier than thou" christian. The Mormon girl I dated last summer was really a free-thinker. She often questioned the teachings of the church, which is what stood out to me in the first place. Ultimately though, with her it could never be because I really did need to convert to Mormonism before we could get serious. I just wasn't willing to do that. I thought about it, seriously, but decided against it in the long-run, I just can't live a lie like that. If the christian girl I'm dating is one of those hardcore Christians, then it wouldn't work. The type of girl I'm attracted to though isn't like that, so I'm really not too worried about it. I've met a few christian girls who are fine with my agnosticism, mostly because I've made it clear that I have no problem sending my future children to a private christian school or going to church on Sundays. It's all about compromise, that's one of the key elements of a successful relationship.
Yea i've met a girl like that once. She was Anglican and i wasn't. We could've worked it out if it weren't for other things that got in our way but then i realized God didn't want me to date her so i had to accept it. Very true actually. Idk i have my doubts cuz It feels like they say that now, but later down the line they will change and that's what bothers me. I want to date a hard-core Christian but not to the point where they feel it's ok to control my life in the name of God.

In her case, it wasn't out of her own selfish desires, but rather the selfish desires of her family, especially her father. They were very... devout Mormons, and she was kinda the black sheep of the family because of that. So he was naturally over-protective of her because he knows that she has doubts in her mind. It just wasn't gonna happen, either I play by their rules only, or I hit the road. I chose to walk away.
Yea..same with the Anglican girl i was trying to get with. I tried pursuing the same thing you have but in the end i had to walk away from it all. I don't agree with that mentality. women should be able to make decisions on their own when it comes to who they choose to love.
I agree that it's a fine-line to walk when dating religious girls while being non-religious myself. What helps is that I'm agnostic, so it's not like I completely disagree with them, I just haven't made up my mind yet on the matter. What also helps is my willingness to compromise, such as letting my future children go to church with their mother, or sending them to a private christian school. It's not all bad. Ultimately, a god-fearing woman who follows a religion that teaches that we should love one another seems like a smart choice in my mind. She'll obviously have to be free enough in her mind to accept my own position, just as I will accept hers. If that never happens, then I'll most likely just never get married.

Feel ya there but at the same time i'm not sure to agree with your position. Doesn't it hurt not being able to pray to the same God? Being able to love him like she does? I feel there's a powerful connection between God and man which is why i want a Godly spouse. I tried going for a modernist woman but it never worked out cuz i felt empty inside and she forced her beliefs on me and her daughter.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 9:45:26 AM
At 4/7/2015 4:41:13 PM, sadolite wrote:

You better like socialism and entitlement if you date a foreigner. I married one trust me on this. Now it's for better or worse. Had I known before hand, I would have not married. We don't discuss social issues at all, there is no point and no common ground. We talk about mindless crap which gets old fast, for me anyway. That's why I come here to discuss politics and social issues.

mind sharing?
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 9:46:38 AM

Rev i'm being serious lol. I can show you tons of girls who should not fit that stereotype but do it anyways.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 9:47:29 AM
At 4/7/2015 6:53:43 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 4/7/2015 12:13:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

--

You... don't tell your girlfriends that you think it's okay to date non-Christians, right? Because that might come across a little wrong...

lol well i feel it's right and that's the prob right there. They feel it's wrong and i don't.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 9:50:30 AM
At 4/7/2015 9:54:29 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

It seems that despite being a christian yourself Christians are the ones giving you the most problems. At least when it comes to virginity and women.

Heck yea man. I'm a virgin but my life doesn't depend on it. God's concept of virginity is a blessing, not something for men to instill their traditions into. If someone loses it, i've been taught that their self worth is gone. That's not what Jesus taught. I have alot of probs with Christians degrading women with traditions like they can't dress a certain way or think a certain way which makes it all the more difficult to find a wife that is willing to be different.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 10:39:03 AM
At 4/8/2015 9:46:38 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Rev i'm being serious lol. I can show you tons of girls who should not fit that stereotype but do it anyways.

Stahp dating them Catholics m8

I mean, I can understand stereotypes about that denomination, but not the whole religion itself. It's funny if it's a joke, but if you're serious, something's wrong with your head to have such a limited and biased view on a group of people based on one of their identities, which, in this case, is religion.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2015 10:45:30 AM
At 4/8/2015 10:39:03 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/8/2015 9:46:38 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Stahp dating them Catholics m8
lol i will never date a Catholic cuz that religion is very very bad.
I mean, I can understand stereotypes about that denomination, but not the whole religion itself. It's funny if it's a joke, but if you're serious, something's wrong with your head to have such a limited and biased view on a group of people based on one of their identities, which, in this case, is religion.

I'm not judging them as a whole. Without religion, they're just like any other girls. We share same common interests and almost the same goals but I've been around quite alot of Christians to know that MOST are like that. I'm pretty certain that there are a few that aren't but it's going to take a lot of hard work in finding out who those are. Who knows if they're even in this country.

Another prob is the lack of commitment Christian girls have. Like they say they're Christians and maybe they're right but there's nothing that stands out. I'm not impressed by someone who only reads the Bible and worships, prays, etc. only on Sundays in church pews.