Jump to topic:

10,000 Posts

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2015 9:14:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
(yes, I'm aware that it's not my exact 10,000th post, and actually not even close anymore, but I still want to do something for this benchmark)

Behold.

Unlike other milestone posts, though, I actually have something to say this time.

I would like all of my friends on DDO to know that I'm indebted to you. Really. The sense of community I felt in my six months on this site was almost nothing like what I felt before, and I doubt that I will ever feel a stronger sense of belonging elsewhere. I don't want to go into a speech going on about this, because I think that the relationships I've formed during my time on here say much more than what I can cram into a single post. So, again--thank you. I won't lie; I truly dislike and despise a few of you, wish that you'd go away from the site, and tons of other bad things that I can't help but label you with based on your previous behavior and our interactions. But the people whose positivity incomparably outweigh their negativity--well, you know who you are. I'll give some short shoutouts to a fraction of the people that I know:

Annie - You're like the older sister I never had, and I think many other DDO members think the same of you. We haven't talked a lot recently, but I'll never forget what you've done--we had a few bumps, but all siblings do. Good luck on your exams--you'll do great, and you have a bright future ahead of you, although I don't think I need to remind you of that.

Bsh1 - I think that you're the first person I talked with on the site to sign up for my very first game of Mafia in the Beginner's Series. You were very helpful and patient--and still are. I know that I annoy you, and I think you know that I mostly act like that for the sake of annoying you. Thanks for your tolerance.

Harder - Ey bub (/end)

Nah, just kidding. I've only known you for several months, and I've probably talked with you via PM more than anyone else on this list. You're one of my closest--if not the closest (I made sure I didn't leave a letter out if you know what I mean ;D)--friends on DDO, and I'm sorry if I ever made you feel as if I was ignoring you if I didn't respond immediately to PM's. I personally think you can get belligerent on the forums at times, but in mostly good reason, and despite what you think, you're one of the best people I know and am grateful to be your friend.

Endark - I can't help but picture you as Suzaku in that cat costume in the first season of Code Geass. Aside from that, you've been a great inspiration and help for my writing, and I"d love to read one of your novels someday. We haven't PM'ed each other as much, but the profile comments made up for it. Your sense of humor has made me cry more than once, but still endearing, and it's always fun talking to you (oh, and if Annie is reading this: <3).

16k - We had some fun times together, and I think it started from you coaching me in the beginner's debate tourney. While I didn't really do a lot of debating, it was a lot of fun and since then, the occurrences of the number 8 on the forums have increased by...8fold. You'll always be my best NA m8, m8.

Joey - lol ain't got time for you nerd

Well, fine, maybe a little. I only started talking to you on DDO relatively recently, which was around two months ago, but I saw you a ton of times on G+, and was quickly subjected to your erratic Mafia games and your fascination with economics. You're a great guy (bunny/econerd), and despite your quirks, I keep picturing you as a bunny that's printing money or the like.

Seventh - y u hate meh? More than once, I cried in a corner because of you. Aside from your ceaseless harassment of me and cruelly parodying my trademark phrases, I honestly think you're a clever dude (or bastard, depending on the situation) that can cube like a boss. I doubt I'll ever get a valid answer to my question, though.

YYW - We've talked numerous times on the forums, played Mafia together, and PM occasionally. I personally admire your aggressive and confident IDGAF attitude, albeit sometimes grudgingly. I'm sincerely happy for you and Bsh, and even though I've never asked you for advice on homosexuality (lol), you've been really helpful during my time on here.

Yama - I'll be frank: Your Mafia playstyle infuriates me. We don't really talk outside of Mafia since you don't roam around as much on the forums, but aside from that and your aggressive and occasionally unreasonable behavior, I generally believe that you're a good person at heart once you can get past the spiky exterior. Nevertheless, I fear for the possibility of you taking over the world.

The rest of you: If you were left out, that does not mean that I like these users more than you, rather, they popped up into my head before you, and sadly, I have no more time to make more short shoutouts because of schoolwork (you know, a ton of homework, test tomorrow, etc.). I think you should know what my general thoughts are about you since my six months on the site, and I really don't have any significant problems with anyone here aside from a few exceptions (you know who you are).

I would also like to thank Max for his work on the site--I don't know what it would be like without the shadow of his ban hammer. In all honesty, I've had a few bumps and scratches with him as well (you all know what they were .-.) over my conduct on the site, but I do believe that he is a great moderator and person (or axolotl?).

Well, that's it for my 10,000-oddth post. Don't worry, though--it'll only several more months before the next one comes.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2015 9:29:34 PM
At 4/15/2015 9:14:17 PM, RevNge wrote:
Harder - Ey bub (/end)

Hi Revvy.

Nah, just kidding. I've only known you for several months, and I've probably talked with you via PM more than anyone else on this list. You're one of my closest--if not the closest (I made sure I didn't leave a letter out if you know what I mean ;D)--friends on DDO, and I'm sorry if I ever made you feel as if I was ignoring you if I didn't respond immediately to PM's. I personally think you can get belligerent on the forums at times, but in mostly good reason, and despite what you think, you're one of the best people I know and am grateful to be your friend.

<3
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2015 10:46:32 PM
At 4/15/2015 10:05:25 PM, YYW wrote:
*high fives*

I probably won't surpass you by the end of the year, but I think I can get to 25k, lol.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2015 11:58:06 PM
I would like all of my friends on DDO to know that I'm indebted to you. Really. The sense of community I felt in my six months on this site was almost nothing like what I felt before, and I doubt that I will ever feel a stronger sense of belonging elsewhere. I don't want to go into a speech going on about this, because I think that the relationships I've formed during my time on here say much more than what I can cram into a single post.

Harder - Ey bub (/end)

Reading this, that you said this in another thread disheartens me:

"More importantly, though, there is a rift between DDO and my real life that I fear has grown past an insurmountable level. In other words, I fear what would happen if the two became intertwined, and that basically cripples any level of IRL interaction I could have with a DDO member. It's sad, but I believe it to be true."
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 11:00:56 AM
Annie - You're like the older sister I never had, and I think many other DDO members think the same of you. We haven't talked a lot recently, but I'll never forget what you've done--we had a few bumps, but all siblings do. Good luck on your exams--you'll do great, and you have a bright future ahead of you, although I don't think I need to remind you of that.
YAY! I'm first (although that doesn't matter :P)
<3 u 2.
I need to start studying more D:

Bsh1 - I know that I annoy you, and I think you know that I mostly act like that for the sake of annoying you. Thanks for your tolerance.
LOL

Harder - Ey bub (/end)
BISH
Nah, just kidding.
ORR HORR:
closest (I made sure I didn't leave a letter out if you know what I mean ;D)--friends on DDO,
SURE
despite what you think, you're one of the best people I know and am grateful to be your friend.
AWWW

Endark - I can't help but picture you as Suzaku in that cat costume in the first season of Code Geass.
*nosebleeds*
Aside from that, you've been a great inspiration and help for my writing, and I"d love to read one of your novels someday.
ikr
We haven't PM'ed each other as much, but the profile comments made up for it. Your sense of humor has made me cry more than once, but still endearing, and it's always fun talking to you (oh, and if Annie is reading this: <3).
<3

16k - the occurrences of the number 8 on the forums have increased by...8fold. You'll always be my best NA m8, m8.
wut

Joey -, and was quickly subjected to your erratic Mafia games and your fascination with economics. You're a great guy (bunny/econerd), and despite your quirks, I keep picturing you as a bunny that's printing money or the like.
LOL

Seventh - y u hate meh? More than once, I cried in a corner because of you. Aside from your ceaseless harassment of me and cruelly parodying my trademark phrases, I honestly think you're a clever dude (or bastard, depending on the situation) that can cube like a boss. I doubt I'll ever get a valid answer to my question, though.
*PUNCHES YOU TO TOUGHEN YOU UP*

YYW - even though I've never asked you for advice on homosexuality (lol), you've been really helpful during my time on here.
*suspicious*

Yama - I'll be frank: Your Mafia playstyle infuriates me.
Have I ever played with Yama? D:

I really don't have any significant problems with anyone here aside from a few exceptions (you know who you are).
Fine then bish :P
jk

I would also like to thank Max for his work on the site--I don't know what it would be like without the shadow of his ban hammer. In all honesty, I've had a few bumps and scratches with him as well (you all know what they were .-.) over my conduct on the site, but I do believe that he is a great moderator and person (or axolotl?).
Suck up.
P

Well, that's it for my 10,000-oddth post. Don't worry, though--it'll only several more months before the next one comes.

<3
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 12:12:43 PM
At 4/16/2015 12:00:59 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/16/2015 11:00:56 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I must surpass you

I would beat you but I no longer have the vigor and enthusiasm to post a lot anymore :/

Go ahead
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 12:13:33 PM
At 4/16/2015 12:12:43 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 4/16/2015 12:00:59 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 4/16/2015 11:00:56 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I must surpass you

I would beat you but I no longer have the vigor and enthusiasm to post a lot anymore :/

Even if you did, I will still surpass you. ;D
Go ahead

Thank you for your cooperation <3
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 6:29:16 PM
Seventh - y u hate meh? More than once, I cried in a corner because of you.

Good

Aside from your ceaseless harassment of me and cruelly parodying my trademark phrases, I honestly think you're a clever dude (or bastard, depending on the situation) that can cube like a boss. I doubt I'll ever get a valid answer to my question, though.

y u love meh
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 7:36:23 PM
At 4/16/2015 6:29:16 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
Seventh - y u hate meh? More than once, I cried in a corner because of you.

Good

Refer to first question
Aside from your ceaseless harassment of me and cruelly parodying my trademark phrases, I honestly think you're a clever dude (or bastard, depending on the situation) that can cube like a boss. I doubt I'll ever get a valid answer to my question, though.

y u love meh

i dont
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 7:44:21 PM

Bsh1 - I think that you're the first person I talked with on the site to sign up for my very first game of Mafia in the Beginner's Series. You were very helpful and patient--and still are. I know that I annoy you, and I think you know that I mostly act like that for the sake of annoying you. Thanks for your tolerance.

Rofl...You don't annoy me, your intentionally poor grammar annoys me. But, I know you're doing it to razz me, so it's all good :)

Congrats on 10K.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 7:47:05 PM
At 4/16/2015 7:44:21 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Rofl...You don't annoy me, your intentionally poor grammar annoys me. But, I know you're doing it to razz me, so it's all good :)

awh thx m8
Congrats on 10K.

Thank ye kindly.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 7:49:58 PM
At 4/16/2015 7:47:05 PM, RevNge wrote:

awh thx m8

Sure thing, m8.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 7:51:34 PM
At 4/16/2015 7:49:58 PM, bsh1 wrote:

awh thx m8

Sure thing, m8.

I'm glad to see I made an impression m8
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 7:51:55 PM
Yama - I'll be frank: Your Mafia playstyle infuriates me. We don't really talk outside of Mafia since you don't roam around as much on the forums, but aside from that and your aggressive and occasionally unreasonable behavior, I generally believe that you're a good person at heart once you can get past the spiky exterior. Nevertheless, I fear for the possibility of you taking over the world.
I don't have a true desire to conqueror the world. Uniting North America is about as far as my ambitions reach. Even that would take more work than I'm willing to put in. For now, I merely wish to become a Federal Agent.

My mafia play revolves around investigation skills I cannot explain to town. But once every game, I get an irrational DP1 feeling someone is scum and they end up as scum.

And I am a good person. I just have a strict personality a times.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 7:52:16 PM
At 4/16/2015 7:51:34 PM, RevNge wrote:

awh thx m8

Sure thing, m8.

Don't push your luck, m8.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 7:53:05 PM
At 4/16/2015 7:52:16 PM, bsh1 wrote:

awh thx m8

Sure thing, m8.

I appreci8 your gr8 use of 8 tho m8
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 7:55:56 PM
At 4/16/2015 7:53:05 PM, RevNge wrote:

awh thx m8

Sure thing, m8.

Umm...I h8 this...Can we stop now, m8...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 7:58:36 PM
At 4/16/2015 7:57:35 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Thank you, Rev.

<3

And I reached 10k before you m8
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 8:00:37 PM
At 4/16/2015 7:58:36 PM, RevNge wrote:
Thank you, Rev.

<3

<3

Yes, yes you did. Congratulations.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 8:01:46 PM
At 4/16/2015 7:55:56 PM, bsh1 wrote:

awh thx m8

Sure thing, m8.

m8 once you go 8 you can never sed8 I ber8 you for 8 h8 so go to cre8deb8 if you're ir8 about 8 m8
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 8:03:37 PM
At 4/16/2015 8:01:46 PM, RevNge wrote:

awh thx m8

Sure thing, m8.

m8 once you go 8 you can never sed8 I ber8 you for 8 h8 so go to cre8deb8 if you're ir8 about 8 m8

bsh1: dead on this d8 for 8 overdose.

8 is overr8ed.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 8:05:26 PM
At 4/16/2015 8:03:37 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/16/2015 8:01:46 PM, RevNge wrote:

awh thx m8

Sure thing, m8.

bsh1: dead on this d8 for 8 overdose.

u overw8 on 8 m8?
8 is underr8ed.

Fix'd
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 8:06:22 PM
At 4/16/2015 8:00:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 4/16/2015 7:58:36 PM, RevNge wrote:
Thank you, Rev.

<3

<3

<3 <3

Yes, yes you did. Congratulations.

The next one will come soon enough, though. ;D
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 8:06:27 PM
At 4/16/2015 8:05:26 PM, RevNge wrote:
8 is underr8ed.

Fix'd

*dies...*
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2015 8:07:19 PM
At 4/16/2015 8:06:27 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 4/16/2015 8:05:26 PM, RevNge wrote:
8 is underr8ed.

Fix'd

*dies...*