Jump to topic:

How many Books have your read?

Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 6:22:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I just wondered about this while I was looking at my bookshelf. I estimated about 45 that I read in my spare time (i.e. that I did not have to read for school). I am not sure when I first started reading in my spare time but I suspect that it was at the age of 11 which makes 45 books in 7 years or 6.4 books per year.
So what about you?
How many books have you read?
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 1:44:22 AM
I'm not sure, nor could I ever be sure. I'll go sometimes where I'll read 3 books in a week, and other times I go without reading at all.

I've been reading since I could read. I probably average anywhere between 20-30 books a year and will assume I started at 12, which means on the conservative end 400 books.

It's probably better to focus on the quality of books you read than the quantity. One quality book provide more useful data than 100 subpar ones. I typically only read to learn, but the same advice probably goes for people who just read to relax. Quality over quantity.
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 5:13:51 AM
At 4/19/2015 1:44:22 AM, Wylted wrote:
I'm not sure, nor could I ever be sure. I'll go sometimes where I'll read 3 books in a week, and other times I go without reading at all.

I've been reading since I could read. I probably average anywhere between 20-30 books a year and will assume I started at 12, which means on the conservative end 400 books.

It's probably better to focus on the quality of books you read than the quantity. One quality book provide more useful data than 100 subpar ones. I typically only read to learn, but the same advice probably goes for people who just read to relax. Quality over quantity.

Sure, but I did not want to make this into a challange anyway.
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 8:54:40 AM
I have read hundreds of tech manuals and non fiction information books, does that count. Otherwise I don't have much interest in reading about fiction, mainly because that's what it is, fiction.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%