Total Posts:40|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Do you agree?

Surrealism
Posts: 265
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 12:45:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

Either you made a typo, or you forgot a word, or I'm missing something. Because that sentence doesn't make sense as written.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 12:49:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 12:45:40 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

Either you made a typo, or you forgot a word, or I'm missing something. Because that sentence doesn't make sense as written.

Yes or no: Will you answer my question? Do you agree with the statement "victory breeds hatred for the conqured are never happy"? You need to stop trolling and answer the question.
Surrealism
Posts: 265
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 1:02:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 12:49:25 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:45:40 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

Either you made a typo, or you forgot a word, or I'm missing something. Because that sentence doesn't make sense as written.

Yes or no: Will you answer my question? Do you agree with the statement "victory breeds hatred for the conqured are never happy"? You need to stop trolling and answer the question.

I might agree with that statement if I could decipher its meaning. Can you do me a little favor and rewrite it in a way that makes sense?
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 3:20:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 1:02:11 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:49:25 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:45:40 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

Either you made a typo, or you forgot a word, or I'm missing something. Because that sentence doesn't make sense as written.

Yes or no: Will you answer my question? Do you agree with the statement "victory breeds hatred for the conqured are never happy"? You need to stop trolling and answer the question.

I might agree with that statement if I could decipher its meaning. Can you do me a little favor and rewrite it in a way that makes sense?

It means if you try to control people, they will hate you.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 3:25:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 3:20:19 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 1:02:11 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:49:25 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:45:40 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

Either you made a typo, or you forgot a word, or I'm missing something. Because that sentence doesn't make sense as written.

Yes or no: Will you answer my question? Do you agree with the statement "victory breeds hatred for the conqured are never happy"? You need to stop trolling and answer the question.

I might agree with that statement if I could decipher its meaning. Can you do me a little favor and rewrite it in a way that makes sense?

It means if you try to control people, they will hate you.

Not necessarily. Kim Jong-Un tries to control people and some of them worship him.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Surrealism
Posts: 265
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 3:39:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 3:20:19 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 1:02:11 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:49:25 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:45:40 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

Either you made a typo, or you forgot a word, or I'm missing something. Because that sentence doesn't make sense as written.

Yes or no: Will you answer my question? Do you agree with the statement "victory breeds hatred for the conqured are never happy"? You need to stop trolling and answer the question.

I might agree with that statement if I could decipher its meaning. Can you do me a little favor and rewrite it in a way that makes sense?

It means if you try to control people, they will hate you.

Ah, I see. You probably needed to add a comma in there. "Victory breeds hatred, for the conquered are never happy".

Well, that can be true sometimes, but there are plenty of historical examples of where that just isn't the case.

The Etruscans and the Romans.
The Emirate of al-Andalus and the Spanish.
The Abbasids and the Sassanids.
The Persians and the Judeans.
Charlemagne and the Papacy.
The Byzantines and the Hungarians.

There are other examples, but I feel the point is made. You just can't make generalizations about history.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 3:39:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 3:25:55 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:20:19 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 1:02:11 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:49:25 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:45:40 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

Either you made a typo, or you forgot a word, or I'm missing something. Because that sentence doesn't make sense as written.

Yes or no: Will you answer my question? Do you agree with the statement "victory breeds hatred for the conqured are never happy"? You need to stop trolling and answer the question.

I might agree with that statement if I could decipher its meaning. Can you do me a little favor and rewrite it in a way that makes sense?

It means if you try to control people, they will hate you.

Not necessarily. Kim Jong-Un tries to control people and some of them worship him.

I disagree, prove me wrong.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 3:40:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 3:39:39 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:25:55 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:20:19 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 1:02:11 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:49:25 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:45:40 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

Either you made a typo, or you forgot a word, or I'm missing something. Because that sentence doesn't make sense as written.

Yes or no: Will you answer my question? Do you agree with the statement "victory breeds hatred for the conqured are never happy"? You need to stop trolling and answer the question.

I might agree with that statement if I could decipher its meaning. Can you do me a little favor and rewrite it in a way that makes sense?

It means if you try to control people, they will hate you.

Not necessarily. Kim Jong-Un tries to control people and some of them worship him.

I disagree, prove me wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 3:42:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 3:39:15 PM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:20:19 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 1:02:11 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:49:25 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:45:40 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

Either you made a typo, or you forgot a word, or I'm missing something. Because that sentence doesn't make sense as written.

Yes or no: Will you answer my question? Do you agree with the statement "victory breeds hatred for the conqured are never happy"? You need to stop trolling and answer the question.

I might agree with that statement if I could decipher its meaning. Can you do me a little favor and rewrite it in a way that makes sense?

It means if you try to control people, they will hate you.

Ah, I see. You probably needed to add a comma in there. "Victory breeds hatred, for the conquered are never happy".

Well, that can be true sometimes, but there are plenty of historical examples of where that just isn't the case.

The Etruscans and the Romans.
The Emirate of al-Andalus and the Spanish.
The Abbasids and the Sassanids.
The Persians and the Judeans.
Charlemagne and the Papacy.
The Byzantines and the Hungarians.

There are other examples, but I feel the point is made. You just can't make generalizations about history.
You need to stop trolling. You are a stuck up grammar nazi.
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 3:44:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 3:40:40 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:39:39 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:25:55 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:20:19 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 1:02:11 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:49:25 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:45:40 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

Either you made a typo, or you forgot a word, or I'm missing something. Because that sentence doesn't make sense as written.

Yes or no: Will you answer my question? Do you agree with the statement "victory breeds hatred for the conqured are never happy"? You need to stop trolling and answer the question.

I might agree with that statement if I could decipher its meaning. Can you do me a little favor and rewrite it in a way that makes sense?

It means if you try to control people, they will hate you.

Not necessarily. Kim Jong-Un tries to control people and some of them worship him.

I disagree, prove me wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

I still disagree. If you try to control someone, they will hate you.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 3:48:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 3:44:26 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:40:40 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:39:39 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:25:55 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:20:19 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 1:02:11 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:49:25 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:45:40 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

Either you made a typo, or you forgot a word, or I'm missing something. Because that sentence doesn't make sense as written.

Yes or no: Will you answer my question? Do you agree with the statement "victory breeds hatred for the conqured are never happy"? You need to stop trolling and answer the question.

I might agree with that statement if I could decipher its meaning. Can you do me a little favor and rewrite it in a way that makes sense?

It means if you try to control people, they will hate you.

Not necessarily. Kim Jong-Un tries to control people and some of them worship him.

I disagree, prove me wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

I still disagree. If you try to control someone, they will hate you.

That's right, deny evidence. How about this, here's another example. Parents try to control their children to a certain extent, yet do children "hate" their parents?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 3:52:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 3:48:06 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:44:26 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:40:40 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:39:39 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:25:55 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:20:19 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 1:02:11 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:49:25 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:45:40 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

Either you made a typo, or you forgot a word, or I'm missing something. Because that sentence doesn't make sense as written.

Yes or no: Will you answer my question? Do you agree with the statement "victory breeds hatred for the conqured are never happy"? You need to stop trolling and answer the question.

I might agree with that statement if I could decipher its meaning. Can you do me a little favor and rewrite it in a way that makes sense?

It means if you try to control people, they will hate you.

Not necessarily. Kim Jong-Un tries to control people and some of them worship him.

I disagree, prove me wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

I still disagree. If you try to control someone, they will hate you.

That's right, deny evidence. How about this, here's another example. Parents try to control their children to a certain extent, yet do children "hate" their parents?

Your article proves nothing. It is not even about Buddha. FACT: If you try to control someone, they will hate you for it. I am more inclined to believe Buddha over some ranndom troll.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 3:53:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 3:52:32 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:48:06 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:44:26 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:40:40 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:39:39 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:25:55 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:20:19 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 1:02:11 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:49:25 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:45:40 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

Either you made a typo, or you forgot a word, or I'm missing something. Because that sentence doesn't make sense as written.

Yes or no: Will you answer my question? Do you agree with the statement "victory breeds hatred for the conqured are never happy"? You need to stop trolling and answer the question.

I might agree with that statement if I could decipher its meaning. Can you do me a little favor and rewrite it in a way that makes sense?

It means if you try to control people, they will hate you.

Not necessarily. Kim Jong-Un tries to control people and some of them worship him.

I disagree, prove me wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

I still disagree. If you try to control someone, they will hate you.

That's right, deny evidence. How about this, here's another example. Parents try to control their children to a certain extent, yet do children "hate" their parents?

Your article proves nothing. It is not even about Buddha. FACT: If you try to control someone, they will hate you for it. I am more inclined to believe Buddha over some ranndom troll.

You're hopeless.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 3:56:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 3:53:24 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:52:32 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:48:06 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:44:26 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:40:40 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:39:39 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:25:55 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:20:19 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 1:02:11 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:49:25 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:45:40 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

Either you made a typo, or you forgot a word, or I'm missing something. Because that sentence doesn't make sense as written.

Yes or no: Will you answer my question? Do you agree with the statement "victory breeds hatred for the conqured are never happy"? You need to stop trolling and answer the question.

I might agree with that statement if I could decipher its meaning. Can you do me a little favor and rewrite it in a way that makes sense?

It means if you try to control people, they will hate you.

Not necessarily. Kim Jong-Un tries to control people and some of them worship him.

I disagree, prove me wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

I still disagree. If you try to control someone, they will hate you.

That's right, deny evidence. How about this, here's another example. Parents try to control their children to a certain extent, yet do children "hate" their parents?

Your article proves nothing. It is not even about Buddha. FACT: If you try to control someone, they will hate you for it. I am more inclined to believe Buddha over some ranndom troll.

You're hopeless.

Ad homenim fallacy. Denate the facts or leave.
Surrealism
Posts: 265
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 3:57:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 3:42:58 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:39:15 PM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:20:19 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 1:02:11 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:49:25 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:45:40 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

Either you made a typo, or you forgot a word, or I'm missing something. Because that sentence doesn't make sense as written.

Yes or no: Will you answer my question? Do you agree with the statement "victory breeds hatred for the conqured are never happy"? You need to stop trolling and answer the question.

I might agree with that statement if I could decipher its meaning. Can you do me a little favor and rewrite it in a way that makes sense?

It means if you try to control people, they will hate you.

Ah, I see. You probably needed to add a comma in there. "Victory breeds hatred, for the conquered are never happy".

Well, that can be true sometimes, but there are plenty of historical examples of where that just isn't the case.

The Etruscans and the Romans.
The Emirate of al-Andalus and the Spanish.
The Abbasids and the Sassanids.
The Persians and the Judeans.
Charlemagne and the Papacy.
The Byzantines and the Hungarians.

There are other examples, but I feel the point is made. You just can't make generalizations about history.
You need to stop trolling. You are a stuck up grammar nazi.

How the hell am I trolling? You asked if I agreed with an absolute statement about conquered peoples, and I gave you examples of where that statement is wrong.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 3:58:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 3:56:45 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:53:24 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:52:32 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:48:06 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:44:26 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:40:40 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:39:39 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:25:55 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:20:19 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 1:02:11 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:49:25 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:45:40 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

Either you made a typo, or you forgot a word, or I'm missing something. Because that sentence doesn't make sense as written.

Yes or no: Will you answer my question? Do you agree with the statement "victory breeds hatred for the conqured are never happy"? You need to stop trolling and answer the question.

I might agree with that statement if I could decipher its meaning. Can you do me a little favor and rewrite it in a way that makes sense?

It means if you try to control people, they will hate you.

Not necessarily. Kim Jong-Un tries to control people and some of them worship him.

I disagree, prove me wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

I still disagree. If you try to control someone, they will hate you.

That's right, deny evidence. How about this, here's another example. Parents try to control their children to a certain extent, yet do children "hate" their parents?

Your article proves nothing. It is not even about Buddha. FACT: If you try to control someone, they will hate you for it. I am more inclined to believe Buddha over some ranndom troll.

You're hopeless.

Ad homenim fallacy. Denate the facts or leave.

I did present facts, you just completely ignored it, made a claim and said it was fact (which does not make it fact), and then suddenly brought up Buddha which has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 4:07:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 3:57:53 PM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:42:58 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:39:15 PM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:20:19 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 1:02:11 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:49:25 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:45:40 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

Either you made a typo, or you forgot a word, or I'm missing something. Because that sentence doesn't make sense as written.

Yes or no: Will you answer my question? Do you agree with the statement "victory breeds hatred for the conqured are never happy"? You need to stop trolling and answer the question.

I might agree with that statement if I could decipher its meaning. Can you do me a little favor and rewrite it in a way that makes sense?

It means if you try to control people, they will hate you.

Ah, I see. You probably needed to add a comma in there. "Victory breeds hatred, for the conquered are never happy".

Well, that can be true sometimes, but there are plenty of historical examples of where that just isn't the case.

The Etruscans and the Romans.
The Emirate of al-Andalus and the Spanish.
The Abbasids and the Sassanids.
The Persians and the Judeans.
Charlemagne and the Papacy.
The Byzantines and the Hungarians.

There are other examples, but I feel the point is made. You just can't make generalizations about history.
You need to stop trolling. You are a stuck up grammar nazi.

How the hell am I trolling? You asked if I agreed with an absolute statement about conquered peoples, and I gave you examples of where that statement is wrong.

If you disagree with them they'll say that you're trolling and then tell you to leave.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Surrealism
Posts: 265
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 4:10:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 4:07:38 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:57:53 PM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:42:58 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:39:15 PM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:20:19 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 1:02:11 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:49:25 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:45:40 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

Either you made a typo, or you forgot a word, or I'm missing something. Because that sentence doesn't make sense as written.

Yes or no: Will you answer my question? Do you agree with the statement "victory breeds hatred for the conqured are never happy"? You need to stop trolling and answer the question.

I might agree with that statement if I could decipher its meaning. Can you do me a little favor and rewrite it in a way that makes sense?

It means if you try to control people, they will hate you.

Ah, I see. You probably needed to add a comma in there. "Victory breeds hatred, for the conquered are never happy".

Well, that can be true sometimes, but there are plenty of historical examples of where that just isn't the case.

The Etruscans and the Romans.
The Emirate of al-Andalus and the Spanish.
The Abbasids and the Sassanids.
The Persians and the Judeans.
Charlemagne and the Papacy.
The Byzantines and the Hungarians.

There are other examples, but I feel the point is made. You just can't make generalizations about history.
You need to stop trolling. You are a stuck up grammar nazi.

How the hell am I trolling? You asked if I agreed with an absolute statement about conquered peoples, and I gave you examples of where that statement is wrong.

If you disagree with them they'll say that you're trolling and then tell you to leave.

It's the sad truth, isn't it?
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 4:11:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 4:10:57 PM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 4:07:38 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:57:53 PM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:42:58 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:39:15 PM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 3:20:19 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 1:02:11 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:49:25 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:45:40 AM, Surrealism wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

Either you made a typo, or you forgot a word, or I'm missing something. Because that sentence doesn't make sense as written.

Yes or no: Will you answer my question? Do you agree with the statement "victory breeds hatred for the conqured are never happy"? You need to stop trolling and answer the question.

I might agree with that statement if I could decipher its meaning. Can you do me a little favor and rewrite it in a way that makes sense?

It means if you try to control people, they will hate you.

Ah, I see. You probably needed to add a comma in there. "Victory breeds hatred, for the conquered are never happy".

Well, that can be true sometimes, but there are plenty of historical examples of where that just isn't the case.

The Etruscans and the Romans.
The Emirate of al-Andalus and the Spanish.
The Abbasids and the Sassanids.
The Persians and the Judeans.
Charlemagne and the Papacy.
The Byzantines and the Hungarians.

There are other examples, but I feel the point is made. You just can't make generalizations about history.
You need to stop trolling. You are a stuck up grammar nazi.

How the hell am I trolling? You asked if I agreed with an absolute statement about conquered peoples, and I gave you examples of where that statement is wrong.

If you disagree with them they'll say that you're trolling and then tell you to leave.

It's the sad truth, isn't it?

Unfortunately.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 4:52:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

This doesn't belong in the Personal Forum.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 5:02:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 4:52:48 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

This doesn't belong in the Personal Forum.

Yes or no: Do you agree? I did not know which section to put it in.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 5:08:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 5:02:38 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 4:52:48 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

This doesn't belong in the Personal Forum.

Yes or no: Do you agree? I did not know which section to put it in.

Miscellaneous would be a good place for this then.
And to answer your question, this is often the case, but not always.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 5:15:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 5:08:46 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 4/19/2015 5:02:38 PM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
At 4/19/2015 4:52:48 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

This doesn't belong in the Personal Forum.

Yes or no: Do you agree? I did not know which section to put it in.

Miscellaneous would be a good place for this then.
And to answer your question, this is often the case, but not always.

I agree.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 5:29:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 5:21:14 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Fact: Bears eat beets.

Fact: Rabbits eat carrots
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
ford_prefect
Posts: 4,139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 6:02:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 5:21:14 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Fact: Bears eat beets.

You need to answer the question or leave.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 6:04:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 12:34:37 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
Victory breed hatred for the conqured are never happy.

Yup, Hawaii and Japan hate the United States.

/s
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
LiberalProlifer
Posts: 803
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 6:10:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 6:02:53 PM, ford_prefect wrote:
At 4/19/2015 5:21:14 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Fact: Bears eat beets.

You need to answer the question or leave.

YOU DO NOT GET TO MAKE THE RULES ON MY POST. I WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTION WHEN YOU ANSWER MINE. REPORTED FOR TROLLING. YES OR NO: DO YOU AGREE WITH BUDDHA ON THIS?
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2015 6:11:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/19/2015 5:29:55 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 4/19/2015 5:21:14 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Fact: Bears eat beets.

Fact: Rabbits eat carrots

Fact: Grizzly bears eat moose