Jump to topic:

Guys who play with your Emotions

Elizabeth3648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 2:49:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I hate it i find a guy and then he stops talking to you. He says I love you and you are my world. Right now it seems like it's just BULL to me
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 3:27:46 PM
At 4/20/2015 2:49:56 PM, Elizabeth3648 wrote:
I hate it i find a guy and then he stops talking to you. He says I love you and you are my world. Right now it seems like it's just BULL to me

Agreed. I've met people like that...they aren't worth your time.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 8:21:54 PM
Maybe you should consider a guy that doesn't express their emotions but rather shows them with their actions.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 8:57:19 PM
At 4/20/2015 8:21:54 PM, sadolite wrote:
Maybe you should consider a guy that doesn't express their emotions but rather shows them with their actions.

He did. He stopped talking to her.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 8:58:33 PM
At 4/20/2015 8:57:19 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Dammmmmm lolololol.
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 9:00:01 PM
At 4/20/2015 8:57:19 PM, Maikuru wrote:

I am talking about before she starts dating a prospect, not after. We all know why he stopped talking after. Well maybe not all.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 1:10:44 AM
People who do that do suck. But here is the thing, I've done it before too. I backed off because of fear. Fear of what that person represented. The thing about coming to realize that you truly care for, and even love someone, is that you hit a crossroads.

Either you as a person shackle yourself to the commitment, and take everything, positives and negatives that come along with that. Or you back off, and keep the freedom that, after awhile, you grow comfortable and content with.

The reality is, every relationship, save hopefully one, you enter into will ultimately end in failure. To willingly say, "I'm fine with the high potential of failure, I'm fine with investing large amounts of my time that could otherwise be used in other pursuits, for what ultimately could lead to nothing at all, is a big step to take. Even at 24 almost 25 years old, its still a frightening prospect.

Yes, it sucks when you get close to someone and then suddenly they cut off contact, but before you start judging that other person, try understanding perhaps why it is they are doing what they are doing.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Elizabeth3648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 10:36:46 AM
He did tell me how he felt but then he just stopped talking to me. If he really cared then he would have talked to me about what was going on and not just shut me out! I know that if that would have happened to one of my friends then i wouldn't hesitate to tell her to leave him. It sucks and he has no right to do this to me. I have been there for him through everything he is just not worth any of my time anymore but i am to nice. I keep talking to him even though he hurt me I mean if you don't want to talk to the girl then just tell her not ignore her even when she knows that your online.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 11:51:10 AM
At 4/21/2015 1:10:44 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
People who do that do suck. But here is the thing, I've done it before too. I backed off because of fear. Fear of what that person represented. The thing about coming to realize that you truly care for, and even love someone, is that you hit a crossroads.

Either you as a person shackle yourself to the commitment, and take everything, positives and negatives that come along with that. Or you back off, and keep the freedom that, after awhile, you grow comfortable and content with.

The reality is, every relationship, save hopefully one, you enter into will ultimately end in failure. To willingly say, "I'm fine with the high potential of failure, I'm fine with investing large amounts of my time that could otherwise be used in other pursuits, for what ultimately could lead to nothing at all, is a big step to take. Even at 24 almost 25 years old, its still a frightening prospect.

Yes, it sucks when you get close to someone and then suddenly they cut off contact, but before you start judging that other person, try understanding perhaps why it is they are doing what they are doing.

I used to do it too, but I never knew why I did it. I think you're right. Its the fear of failure is whats driving me back.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 12:01:58 PM

I understand your frustration and anger but it's not just restricted to gender. I've been friended by girls who say they care but when i don't give them what they want, they leave or become casual buds. I've lost the ability to care. I know i've done some really bad things too so i can't plead innocence. I realize actions are more important than words.

Don't give those people the time or day. Your a strong woman who doesn't need the approval of guys. You have your own. Focus on being loving and eventually, you'll find someone who will love you back.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 12:03:16 PM

You should consider your "other" option ;)
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 12:19:23 PM

There's no excuse to cut off contact with someone simply because you like/d them. That really angers me. If your scared it's because you don't love them. Someone who loves you for real will willingly choose you without fear. If your not willing to make a huge commitment then you shouldn't even tell someone you like em at all.

And even if your gonna leave, at least give an explanation. I always try to. You can talk things out and be honest about feelings.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 6:20:52 PM
i prefer playing with emoticons
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 7:50:34 AM
At 4/20/2015 3:27:46 PM, Lee001 wrote:

Agreed. I've met people like that...they aren't worth your time.

I agree.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 7:57:00 AM

Agreed don't waist your time on a guy who doesn't act on what he sais. words are words until put into action then they mean something.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 8:20:31 AM

I agree on some of this, not all of it. The problem with some guys is they don't know how to communicate leaving girls just hanging there. that is my worst pet-peeve for a guy, is for him not to communicate with me whats wrong. it drives me insane, i understand guys are afraid and they should be, but they have non right not communicating will the girl, ive ended relationships because there was no communication,
Kaynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 4:07:00 PM
They are not afraid, they Just changed their mind.

It happens sometimes, you flirt with a girl, she gets serious, you keep playing but then realised that you dont like her that much. You dont really want to hurt her feelings so you Just try to slowly drift away from her and hope that she will understand. Of course they never do...

There are also these relations where you think that the other person realise this is Just for fun, but she doesnt and then it gets awkward.

Maybe this is about communication after all..
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 11:49:40 PM
At 4/23/2015 8:20:31 AM, leojm wrote:

I agree on some of this, not all of it. The problem with some guys is they don't know how to communicate leaving girls just hanging there. that is my worst pet-peeve for a guy, is for him not to communicate with me whats wrong. it drives me insane, i understand guys are afraid and they should be, but they have non right not communicating will the girl, ive ended relationships because there was no communication,

and i have ended relationships for similar reasons. Lack of communication iis at this point in my life, prolly my biggest pet peeve too lol.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 11:54:43 PM
At 4/22/2015 12:19:23 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

There's no excuse to cut off contact with someone simply because you like/d them. That really angers me. If your scared it's because you don't love them. Someone who loves you for real will willingly choose you without fear. If your not willing to make a huge commitment then you shouldn't even tell someone you like em at all.

And even if your gonna leave, at least give an explanation. I always try to. You can talk things out and be honest about feelings.

Fear and pain are the strongest behavioral motivators. If you experience pain enough times in relationships with people, it doesnt matter the context, then you are going to come to fear that. And if you fear something enough, you are going to end up avoiding that. The minor pain of breaking something off with someone you like/love, is far peferable to the greater pain of having it end once you are fully emotionally invested.

It may seem irrational, and make no sense, but really, since when did this kind of stuff ever make sense rationally?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:00:37 AM
Oh guys that are too emotional like emotional whoopy cusion gets me frustrated i don't mind listening to you guys bout how you feel but there is at a point you gata stop and take a breath and be a man. I've dated guys who were overly emotional i swear they soundedd like a 12 year old on her period haha.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:06:38 AM
At 4/24/2015 9:00:37 AM, leojm wrote:
Oh guys that are too emotional like emotional whoopy cusion gets me frustrated i don't mind listening to you guys bout how you feel but there is at a point you gata stop and take a breath and be a man. I've dated guys who were overly emotional i swear they soundedd like a 12 year old on her period haha.

Girls have NO room to talk on being emotional
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:08:26 AM
At 4/24/2015 9:06:38 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:

hey were girls were made that way i'm though not that emotional, idk why but im not an emotional person maybe that's why i can't stand guys or other people who are overly emotional.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:11:04 AM
At 4/24/2015 9:08:26 AM, leojm wrote:

hey were girls were made that way i'm though not that emotional, idk why but im not an emotional person maybe that's why i can't stand guys or other people who are overly emotional.

I'm just saying that girls have no room to talk. But the way we're made is "irrelevant." The reason why some guys get so emotional is because girls make it difficult. But I'm in a good mood and this won't kill it
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:12:40 AM
At 4/24/2015 9:11:04 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:

I'm just saying that girls have no room to talk. But the way we're made is "irrelevant." The reason why some guys get so emotional is because girls make it difficult. But I'm in a good mood and this won't kill it

how? how do girls make it difficult?
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:14:56 AM
At 4/24/2015 9:12:40 AM, leojm wrote:

some girls just make it hard on guys. Like playing hard to get. Really that stuff is stupid and annoying. It doesn't make a lot of guys want you more.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:18:50 AM
At 4/24/2015 9:14:56 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:

some girls just make it hard on guys. Like playing hard to get. Really that stuff is stupid and annoying. It doesn't make a lot of guys want you more.

oh i know a couple girls like that, im not im strait forward with them, i don't play games, that's childish. if they like me then great im not gana play hard to get.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:22:16 AM
At 4/24/2015 9:18:50 AM, leojm wrote:

oh i know a couple girls like that, im not im strait forward with them, i don't play games, that's childish. if they like me then great im not gana play hard to get.

but still the way guys and girls are made are irrelevant, girls weren't "made" to be emotional and vice versa for guys. its just what gender roles of society have defined and thats bull.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 9:29:18 AM
At 4/24/2015 9:22:16 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 4/24/2015 9:18:50 AM, leojm wrote:

but still the way guys and girls are made are irrelevant, girls weren't "made" to be emotional and vice versa for guys. its just what gender roles of society have defined and thats bull.

true true