Jump to topic:

My friend and his girlfriend?

NightlightAngel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 10:28:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
A good friend of mine is in a wonderfully romantic and perfectly caring relationship with a girl for 3 years. They've never had sex. He wants to propose to her. But she just found out from him he's not a virgin, while she is.

She is hurt by the news is considering ending it, because she fears he'll compare her to his last partner, won't feel loved as much, won't feel like his one and only, because he didn't save himself for her while she is saving herself.

What would you do in this situation?
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 6:40:27 AM
At 4/20/2015 10:28:04 PM, NightlightAngel wrote:
A good friend of mine is in a wonderfully romantic and perfectly caring relationship with a girl for 3 years. They've never had sex. He wants to propose to her. But she just found out from him he's not a virgin, while she is.

She is hurt by the news is considering ending it, because she fears he'll compare her to his last partner, won't feel loved as much, won't feel like his one and only, because he didn't save himself for her while she is saving herself.

Well what's the context of his last partner. Because the situation changes what should be done. If his last partner was a girlfriend I think this current one is out of line. The fact that he was in love with that other girl before he knew her, throws out the obligation of "saving oneself." If it wasn't on a serious relationship then she has some ground
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 9:00:01 AM

I'm Saving myself for my husband, which i believe what every girl should do. It shows you are classy. What the girl did was great im with her. I've dated guys who were not virgins...they turned out to be all jerks, but if he truly loves her for all she is then she should accept him, we are not all perfect. at least the guy I'm with he is a virgin and he is the most amazing guy ive ever been with, he loves me with every little fiber in his body.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 9:34:57 AM
At 4/21/2015 9:00:01 AM, leojm wrote:

I'm Saving myself for my husband, which i believe what every girl should do. It shows you are classy. What the girl did was great im with her. I've dated guys who were not virgins...they turned out to be all jerks, but if he truly loves her for all she is then she should accept him, we are not all perfect. at least the guy I'm with he is a virgin and he is the most amazing guy ive ever been with, he loves me with every little fiber in his body.

its unfair and illogical to judge past interactions like that. Its silly to have a problem with a past girlfriend, because even on a quantum level its not cheating.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.