Jump to topic:

My Christian LGBT community

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 1:51:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Started a Christian LGBT community on FB for struggling gay, Lesbian, Bi, Pan, etc. Christians looking for love and acceptance. The point is to give a sanctuary for those who are different and have been cast out of their homes, community, the church, etc. Although i'm straight, i don't believe that homosexuality is a sin. Even if it were, i'm still going to stand up for those whom people cast out. I know what it's like to be treated like an outcast which is why i feel education is important.

With that in mind, hit me up if anyone wants to join.
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 5:16:15 PM
At 4/21/2015 1:51:02 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Started a Christian LGBT community on FB for struggling gay, Lesbian, Bi, Pan, etc. Christians looking for love and acceptance. The point is to give a sanctuary for those who are different and have been cast out of their homes, community, the church, etc. Although i'm straight, i don't believe that homosexuality is a sin. Even if it were, i'm still going to stand up for those whom people cast out. I know what it's like to be treated like an outcast which is why i feel education is important.

That's very good of you, as far as I can tell.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 5:53:55 PM
At 4/21/2015 5:16:15 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:

Sure is. I also feel it's vital to educate the church on scientific findings of homosexuality along with biblical exegesis. Did you know the Bible actually doesn't condemn nor condone homosexual behavior?
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 6:22:12 PM
At 4/21/2015 5:53:55 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Sure is. I also feel it's vital to educate the church on scientific findings of homosexuality along with biblical exegesis. Did you know the Bible actually doesn't condemn nor condone homosexual behavior?

Well, I hope your church is interested in science.

I'm not really interested in what the bible does or doesn't say. I don't see why that would be important in any way. Wouldn't that just be interpretation, anyway?
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 6:35:07 PM
At 4/21/2015 6:22:12 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:

Don't go to church aha.

I'm not really interested in what the bible does or doesn't say. I don't see why that would be important in any way. Wouldn't that just be interpretation, anyway?

It's more than an interpretation if it is based on ancient principles.
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 6:37:22 PM
At 4/21/2015 6:35:07 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Don't go to church aha.

Well, whatever church you're talking about.

It's more than an interpretation if it is based on ancient principles.

Does that make it more than interpretation? To others, the bible says to kill homosexuals. If you can prove them wrong, please do.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2015 7:29:14 PM

Great idea! and that is very compassionate!
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 9:07:36 AM

Link me?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 10:24:58 AM
At 4/21/2015 7:29:14 PM, Lee001 wrote:

Great idea! and that is very compassionate!

Indeed :) I try my best to be compassionate myself haha.

https://www.facebook.com...
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 10:25:10 AM
At 4/22/2015 9:07:36 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Link me?

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 3:56:06 PM
At 4/22/2015 10:25:10 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 4/22/2015 9:07:36 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Link me?

Thanks

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

tschuk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 4:00:56 PM

Bible lists Homosexuality among other sins like gluttony. It's still a sin, but a Homosexual doesn't deserve to get kicked out of church anymore than a 300 pound preacher.
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 4:04:35 PM
At 4/22/2015 4:00:56 PM, tschuk wrote:

Bible lists Homosexuality among other sins like gluttony. It's still a sin, but a Homosexual doesn't deserve to get kicked out of church anymore than a 300 pound preacher.

Again, that's an interpretation, correct? Others who take the bible seriously have different interpretations. I don't see why any of them matter.

That's a funny point, though. You should tell that to the obese Christians who like to attack homosexuals from their couches =)
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 4:06:14 PM

It's not a sin gismo.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 4:11:54 PM
At 4/22/2015 4:04:35 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:

Again, that's an interpretation, correct? Others who take the bible seriously have different interpretations. I don't see why any of them matter.

That's a funny point, though. You should tell that to the obese Christians who like to attack homosexuals from their couches =)

Indeed and a lot of it is justs from the lack of knowledge of the time period. Like Logical Imperisism states that our language limits us and that of the early times limited us to where we believe the fallacies we do know.

Genesis
Now before we look at Genesis 2:21-24 and automatically condemn Gay Marriage let's take one more look at it. It states that Eve came from the rib of Adam so that the man shall leave his parents and find women. This doesn't mean that a man has to marry a women, but actually fallows Plato's theory of androgyne. (http://www.reconnections.net......) Escentially it is that the man leaves his parents to go out and to look for their other half. Now this means that the person can look for a male or female. It matters not their sexuality as long as it they find their other half. This is a methaor throughout the Bible.

Now many CHristians believe that men and women are meant to have sex and that anything else would be against God's will, but that is simply not so. Why's that you may ask? Well let's look further in the Book of Genesis and observe Lot and his wife. In Genesis 16 Lot's wife ask's him to find another wife to impregnate as she is barren. In Genesis 25, he marries Hagar and Katurah whom of which the Bible describes her as being concubine. Now what that means is that the person is polygamous, but they have a status lesser than that of a wife. So we can see that God permitted Lot to enter a Polygamous marriage with now 3 wives. The Bible shows here that it cannot be true about what Pro is saying in terms of Furtality as Lot maintains his marriage to his first wife even if she is infertile.

Sodom

Now let's observe Sodom and the acts of Sodomy.

They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them. Genesis 19:5

Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof." Genesis 19:8

Now one immidately rushes to say, "Ha, there, that condems it," but once again that is incorrect. Sodomy was orginially a sexual act of anal and/or oral sex between two people. This happens between heterosexual couples on an everday basis. it's wasn't until the Mid Evil times that the Christian and Jewish communities used this to attack homosexual couples due to the Pagan acceptance of homosexuality during this time.

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." [Heb. 13:2]

The Bible actually uses Lot's story to show that one must entertain guests and treat them well. That not doing so is a violation. Sodom is actually rementioned in the New Testiment in the Book of Ezekiel.

"Saith the Lord GOD...Behold, this was the iniquity of ... Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness ... neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good". - Ezekiel 16:48-50

Now look closely and we can see that the abomination is idol worshipping and human sacrafice, not homosexual acts. The society of Sodom was known for its materialistic and uncharitable nature. There is a story in the BIble when a starving man is coated in honey only to be stung to death by bees.

Leviticus

Now this is the greatest part in the BIble that "condems" homosexuality to say that they must be stone to death. (Leviticus 20:13) What people don't know is that during this time there was a great number of Pagans living in the Palestine area. These Pagan Priests were called Kedoshim. What they would do in their practices is cross dress and take on the role of a female. They would even casterate themselves, but where it get's to the highest relivence is during the holy rites they would do anal sex. (http://www.hebcal.com......)Leviticu's condeming this practice was not condeming homosexuality, but actually this Pagan religion. It was later misinterperated for the condeming of homosexuality. Leviticus also bans a long list of other things depicted bellow.

Throughout the BIble Canaa is give bad name and it is because of the Israelites invasion of the area which was controlled by the Canaanites. (Rendsburg, Gary (2008). "Israel without the Bible". In Frederick E. Greenspahn. The Hebrew Bible: new insights and scholarship. NYU Press) The Canaanites were polytheistic and practiced this religion and the Israelites tried to condemn the religion by outlawing their Priests practices in Leviticus 20:13. So many CHristias are thus incorrect with their interpertations here as they provides no evidence stating that what I claim is flase, but since he didn't you can extend my arguments across the board.

I know that we aren't debating about what was on the chalkboard, but this goes to show you that it's rediculous if you are saying that Gay Marriage is sinful without saying that these other things aren't also against God's will.

Let's observe these verses in Hebrew.

Ve"et zachar lo tishkav mishkevey ishah to"evah hi.

Ve"ish asher yishkav et-zachar mishkevey ishah to"evah asu shneyhem mot yumatu dmeyhem bam.

Now let's translate to English.

18:22 And as to the masculine, don"t lay on the sex-bed, it is a to"evah.

20:13 And one who lays with the masculine on the sex-bed, the two of them do a to"evah; they shall surely die, their blood is in them.

Now in the Bible there are a total of 166 references to to'evah. It means wicked man. This was not referencing gay marriage nor gay sex it was referencing the religious rites of the Canaanite Priests.

Romans

In the passage Paul is being questioned about Gentile idoltry, once again refering to the Kedoshim, and turning around and after the Jews agrees that the Gentiles are guilty Paul states this.

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condem

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 4:12:36 PM
At 4/22/2015 4:06:14 PM, lannan13 wrote:

It's not a sin gismo.

ThoughtsandThoughts actually changed my perspective on homosexuality. Read here:

http://www.debate.org...
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 4:18:08 PM
At 4/22/2015 4:11:54 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Isn't this another interpretation? At least you gave some reasoning.

The part about the Kedoshin is interesting. Is there a source of information about this practice? I want to read about it.

Why bother interpreting the bible in the first place?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 4:18:22 PM
At 4/22/2015 4:12:36 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

It's not a sin gismo.

ThoughtsandThoughts actually changed my perspective on homosexuality. Read here:

I've done a few debates on the subject as well. Here's my most recent.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 4:21:00 PM
At 4/22/2015 4:18:08 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:

The part about the Kedoshin is interesting. Is there a source of information about this practice? I want to read about it.

It's Kedoshim. There's not much out there if you look. You would have to go to your library and get a book on Jewish history which is what I ended up doing and it tells the tale of Kedoshim in there.

That way you can know what it says for yourself and not just what some guy in a robe says.

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 4:22:10 PM
At 4/22/2015 4:21:00 PM, lannan13 wrote:

It's Kedoshim. There's not much out there if you look. You would have to go to your library and get a book on Jewish history which is what I ended up doing and it tells the tale of Kedoshim in there.

That way you can know what it says for yourself and not just what some guy in a robe says.

Tell em :P
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 4:23:26 PM

Know any good books? Nothing I found online so far confirms what you said.

Why care about either?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 4:28:47 PM
At 4/22/2015 4:23:26 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:

There's Israel without the Bible. I found you a PDF of it. It's a small portion of the book, but it'll do. http://bildnercenter.rutgers.edu... There's also The Hebrew Bible: new insights and scholarship.

Why care about either?

I'm Christian and Pansexual.

UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 4:37:39 PM
At 4/22/2015 4:28:47 PM, lannan13 wrote:

There's Israel without the Bible. I found you a PDF of it. It's a small portion of the book, but it'll do. http://bildnercenter.rutgers.edu... There's also The Hebrew Bible: new insights and scholarship.

Thanks. I appreciate it. Is this considered reliable analysis in history?

Why care about either?

So it makes sense that it would matter to you personally. I don't really understand why anyone has any religious beliefs, but that's another topic.

So you're not suggesting that it should matter to anyone else then?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 4:39:58 PM
At 4/22/2015 4:37:39 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:

The book (2nd one) is by a Christian writter so it's kinda biased but the other is by an atheist so you wouldn't really see an atheistic bias.

Why care about either?

So it makes sense that it would matter to you personally. I don't really understand why anyone has any religious beliefs, but that's another topic.

I'm suggesting that everyone should have a brain and think for themselves instead of letting others think for you.

UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2015 4:46:39 PM
At 4/22/2015 4:39:58 PM, lannan13 wrote:

The book (2nd one) is by a Christian writter so it's kinda biased but the other is by an atheist so you wouldn't really see an atheistic bias.

The pdf I got only has chapter 1 of one of Rensburg's book, and the title page of another book. By the second book, you mean the one that is referenced via its title page?

Why care about either?

I'm suggesting that everyone should have a brain and think for themselves instead of letting others think for you.

I think most people would agree with that, even if that's precisely what they fail to do. I don't know if that answers the question of why anyone should care what the bible says about homosexuality, or anything else. But maybe it's not really important anyway. I'm happy enough that your religious beliefs aren't such that you want to kill all homosexuals, or whatever it is.
tschuk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2015 12:14:02 PM
At 4/22/2015 4:12:36 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

It's not a sin gismo.

That's very interesting, you've definitely made me open up my mind and explore this topic further. I appreciate it.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 8:35:54 AM
At 4/22/2015 4:46:39 PM, UndeniableReality wrote:
At 4/22/2015 4:39:58 PM, lannan13 wrote:

The pdf I got only has chapter 1 of one of Rensburg's book, and the title page of another book. By the second book, you mean the one that is referenced via its title page?
Yes

Why care about either?

I think most people would agree with that, even if that's precisely what they fail to do. I don't know if that answers the question of why anyone should care what the bible says about homosexuality, or anything else. But maybe it's not really important anyway. I'm happy enough that your religious beliefs aren't such that you want to kill all homosexuals, or whatever it is.

Well some people are highly religious so it's important to him.
Some people are that extreme and it's scary.

Kozu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 11:23:26 AM
I'm always taken back at how people can interpret things the way they want too when it comes to the bible. Especially when it comes to homosexuality.

The way I see it, god wouldn't define marriage to be "husband and wife" if homosexuality was acceptable.

Feels like people are just trying to close the gap between homosociality and homosexuality.