Total Posts:49|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What would you do if your lover cheated?

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 4:55:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Honestly, i'd physically destroy both of them. I'd take a break-up any day than cheating. If you have a prob, break-up or resolve it but don't cheat. This bull can be prevented beforehand if people are honest about their feelings. If my girl confessed to me her feelings for another guy, i wouldn't get mad. I'd be hurt but i'd understand and work to make sure the line isn't crossed.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 4:59:39 PM
I don't really see the sense in getting so enraged over it. I was cheated on once (she told me about it after out of guilt). If someone cheats, there is a reason. Most likely they aren't happy, in which case that relationship is likely not the right one for them. Just deal with it or end it.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 5:03:33 PM
I should include a caveat: I am quite calm. It is probably my prevailing character trait (besides my incredible sense of humor, attractiveness, and humility). I could understanding experiencing a surge of anger or betrayal at the news of someone cheating. For me, it just means I didn't really understand the person or the relationship the way I thought I did.
- lamerde

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 5:15:22 PM
At 4/28/2015 5:03:33 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I should include a caveat: I am quite calm. It is probably my prevailing character trait (besides my incredible sense of humor, attractiveness, and humility). I could understanding experiencing a surge of anger or betrayal at the news of someone cheating. For me, it just means I didn't really understand the person or the relationship the way I thought I did.

You make a great point, i wish i was more like you but i'm not unfortunately. Precisely why i refuse to get into any relationship cuz it feels i can't trust people to be who they say they are.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 5:18:06 PM
At 4/28/2015 5:15:22 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

You make a great point, i wish i was more like you but i'm not unfortunately. Precisely why i refuse to get into any relationship cuz it feels i can't trust people to be who they say they are.

I do regular check-ins with my significant others to get a sense of where they are in the relationship, how they're feeling about me, us, and themselves. You can get so caught up in your own perspective of the relationship that you can easily lose sight there is a whole other human being experiencing the relationship from an entirely different viewpoint. If you both try to understand the other person, you'll probably catch things before they get to the cheating point.
- lamerde

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 5:32:05 PM
At 4/28/2015 5:18:06 PM, Maikuru wrote:

I do regular check-ins with my significant others to get a sense of where they are in the relationship, how they're feeling about me, us, and themselves. You can get so caught up in your own perspective of the relationship that you can easily lose sight there is a whole other human being experiencing the relationship from an entirely different viewpoint. If you both try to understand the other person, you'll probably catch things before they get to the cheating point.

Yea..if it were me, i'd do the same and check-in with my girl. I'd talk to her about her feelings and come up with a plan to make her happy. I'd try to understand her side of the story regarding anything (how i treat her, how i talk, etc.) but there's no excuse for cheating. Sometimes i can be obsessed with making a better life for us that i forget about what's really important. All i need is a tap on the shoulder but it's very disheartening for someone to think of cheating when we could've worked things out.

I'd probably beat the guy she cheated with to a bloody pulp, have him hospitalized, or just kill him if i ever get enraged.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 5:35:53 PM
At 4/28/2015 5:32:05 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

Yea..if it were me, i'd do the same and check-in with my girl. I'd talk to her about her feelings and come up with a plan to make her happy. I'd try to understand her side of the story regarding anything (how i treat her, how i talk, etc.) but there's no excuse for cheating. Sometimes i can be obsessed with making a better life for us that i forget about what's really important. All i need is a tap on the shoulder but it's very disheartening for someone to think of cheating when we could've worked things out.

I'd probably beat the guy she cheated with to a bloody pulp, have him hospitalized, or just kill him if i ever get enraged.

What if he didn't know she was taken?

I've seen shows like Cheaters, and it seems like people often go after the person their partner was cheating with. It seems to me that this other person really has no loyalty to you. They may not even know, in which case they are innocent of any wrong doing, but even if they do know, they are a stranger to you. It is your partner who betrayed you, so it's them I would probably be more concerned about.

I think being upset at the person your partner is cheating with may be more of a pride thing. It's looking at them and being frustrated they your partner saw something in them that they didn't see in you. That's not their problem, though, and it's not yours. It's your partner's.
- lamerde

Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 5:49:13 PM
At 4/28/2015 4:55:14 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Honestly, i'd physically destroy both of them. I'd take a break-up any day than cheating. If you have a prob, break-up or resolve it but don't cheat. This bull can be prevented beforehand if people are honest about their feelings. If my girl confessed to me her feelings for another guy, i wouldn't get mad. I'd be hurt but i'd understand and work to make sure the line isn't crossed.

https://www.youtube.com...
nu'ff said
"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Oh Hey, Seeing Artichokes Makes Me Want to Have Sex."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 5:57:28 PM

"Condoms are societal constructs created by the government to restrain 'Murican freedom!"-SolonKR

"But I jest and digress (sick rhymes, yo); every boob is equal in the eyes of the Lord."- SolonKR

"Yep, but anyone who touches my hair immediately ascends to the heavens..You're already an angel, so touching my hair can do nothing <3" -SolonKR

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 6:35:18 PM
If someone cheated on me, I'd want to hear the reason, resolve it, and decide what is the best course to be taken, whether we should break up or make it work.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 6:51:49 PM

I'd suffer soul shattering sadness if my wife cheated on me. I'd probably internalize it and focus all of my attention on our children. Knowing my temperment I'd probably forgive her after a period of time, but I don't think we'd ever be intimate again.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 7:54:12 PM
At 4/28/2015 5:49:13 PM, Lee001 wrote:

nu'ff said

No just no. And thats not me saying thats my gf saying it. She's right tho. Such a reaction like that would be over the top. Even if you are joking her words "Seriously, Fvck No."
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 7:56:09 PM
At 4/28/2015 7:54:12 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

nu'ff said

No just no. And thats not me saying thats my gf saying it. She's right tho. Such a reaction like that would be over the top. Even if you are joking her words "Seriously, Fvck No."

You know what? Fvck you cyber

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 7:56:43 PM
At 4/28/2015 7:56:09 PM, Lee001 wrote:

nu'ff said

Are you being serious or joking?
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 7:58:48 PM
At 4/28/2015 7:56:43 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

nu'ff said

I'm fvcking serious!!

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 8:02:52 PM

nu'ff said

I'm joking Bro. :p
I love you!

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 8:03:24 PM
At 4/28/2015 7:58:48 PM, Lee001 wrote:

nu'ff said

I'm fvcking serious!!

Where the hell is this coming from? Like seriously Of all the good times We've had together, and the amount of stuff you've told me, seriously though, i could, i could. No I can't even think of using the stuff I know to destroy just because I really care for you. Not like I have a crush on you, but still Why are you being like this now
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 8:03:49 PM
At 4/28/2015 8:02:52 PM, Lee001 wrote:

nu'ff said

I love you!

Awkward with what i just typed
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 8:04:27 PM
At 4/28/2015 8:03:49 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

nu'ff said

I love you!

XD

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 8:05:58 PM
At 4/28/2015 8:04:27 PM, Lee001 wrote:

nu'ff said

I love you!

XD

I thought you were serious!!!!!!! Don't do that ever!!!!!! I'll really almost flipped!!!
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 8:06:33 PM

nu'ff said

I love you!

XD

Ima gonna ask airmax to delete it now
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 8:07:18 PM
At 4/28/2015 8:06:33 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

nu'ff said

I love you!

XD

No don't its funny!

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 8:07:50 PM
At 4/28/2015 8:07:18 PM, Lee001 wrote:

nu'ff said

I love you!

XD

No don't its funny!

Its not funny for me
Lee001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 8:08:46 PM
At 4/28/2015 8:07:50 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

nu'ff said

I love you!

XD

No don't its funny!

Its not funny for me

Its good...this is a true bestfriend relationship right here.

My hubby Hayd <3 <3
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 8:10:02 PM
At 4/28/2015 8:08:46 PM, Lee001 wrote:

nu'ff said

I love you!

XD

No don't its funny!

Its not funny for me

I guess it is, does show how much of a fight i'd put up
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 8:15:31 PM
At 4/28/2015 8:08:46 PM, Lee001 wrote:

nu'ff said

I love you!

XD

No don't its funny!

Its not funny for me

Seriously tho you freaking scared me
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 8:08:47 AM
At 4/28/2015 5:35:53 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 4/28/2015 5:32:05 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

What if he didn't know she was taken?

I've seen shows like Cheaters, and it seems like people often go after the person their partner was cheating with. It seems to me that this other person really has no loyalty to you. They may not even know, in which case they are innocent of any wrong doing, but even if they do know, they are a stranger to you. It is your partner who betrayed you, so it's them I would probably be more concerned about.

I think being upset at the person your partner is cheating with may be more of a pride thing. It's looking at them and being frustrated they your partner saw something in them that they didn't see in you. That's not their problem, though, and it's not yours. It's your partner's.

Yea it is but a part of me believes that people are never truly sorry for what they've done. To me, that's mocking me. Harming the person she cheated with will teach my partner a lesson in the consequences of their actions. It's messed up but that's how i see it at the moment.
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 8:09:15 AM
At 4/28/2015 6:35:18 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
If someone cheated on me, I'd want to hear the reason, resolve it, and decide what is the best course to be taken, whether we should break up or make it work.

that's fair enough.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 8:18:17 AM

If this happened without a reasonable excuse there r 2 ways... the first is u discovered that she is a piece of sh1t and pieces like that doesnt deserve any feelings.. anger or sadness... because u found out she has no real value and she has to get a life.

The second is u do the same thing to her, if she leaves u for that know she is a double piece of sh1t, if she regrets well people can be mistaken for a once but if again it occurs yeah u sure she is a piece of sh1t find new one.
Never fart near dog