Jump to topic:

Dangers of the internet

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 4:55:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
When i was on my evil side, i threatened to publicly release very humiliating info. About a person i know if she didn't stop teasing me. Her career, friendships, self image, reputation, life would be destroyed in an instant. It was tempted to abusively torment her and angrily bully her to my will with it but i didn't. We made a peace agreement, but she knows that i can break it anytime.

People need to be aware of the dangers of the internet. Each time you give anything out be it phone, email, pics, whatever your giving someone the power to do anything to you. They will always have that information and there's nothing you can do about it. I used to be an online enigma but i stopped cuz there was no point in hiding. I accept the dangers i'm putting myself into. When a person gets exposed online, i don't have the slightest sympathy for em. They need the common sense to know that would've happened. "Oh i'm safe cuz i live in x state.." is a very foolish mentality. There's people crazy enough to go all the way where you live. People who will sell anything about you: info., photos, sex tapes, etc. For money or just for fun.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2015 11:43:10 AM
At 4/28/2015 4:55:37 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
When i was on my evil side, i threatened to publicly release very humiliating info. About a person i know if she didn't stop teasing me. Her career, friendships, self image, reputation, life would be destroyed in an instant. It was tempted to abusively torment her and angrily bully her to my will with it but i didn't. We made a peace agreement, but she knows that i can break it anytime.

After what had happened I think you need to lash out man.

People need to be aware of the dangers of the internet. Each time you give anything out be it phone, email, pics, whatever your giving someone the power to do anything to you. They will always have that information and there's nothing you can do about it. I used to be an online enigma but i stopped cuz there was no point in hiding. I accept the dangers i'm putting myself into. When a person gets exposed online, i don't have the slightest sympathy for em. They need the common sense to know that would've happened. "Oh i'm safe cuz i live in x state.." is a very foolish mentality. There's people crazy enough to go all the way where you live. People who will sell anything about you: info., photos, sex tapes, etc. For money or just for fun.

I have to agree. The internet is a scary place man.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
BearWithMe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 11:57:16 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right, if they're willing to be at peace with them then there's no reason to lash out. All they did was tease, that does not deserve their life being intentionally ruined.